Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
Results 526 to 550 of 631

Thread: When will Disneyland Re-Open? - speculation incouraged

  1. #526
    Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    Which I think most of us have said they should have done this last year just like Knott's had been. Now if this is the case with DCA, I wonder if they will then decide to open up Main Street and the hub area for shopping and a little food over that way from the places in that spot. At the same time no matter what it will be interesting to see how they handle the amount of people not only in for this event but at any given time in Downtown Disney.
    Agreed on the capacity question. And pricing - will they take the stance of "people will pay anything". I don't expect $20 but is $100 (possibly not counting food or parking) a high price? I know they will get it. Just speculating ..

    Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

  2. # ADS

    Join Date
    Location
    Posts
     

  3. #527
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Huntington Beach, Ca
    Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    Agreed on the capacity question. And pricing - will they take the stance of "people will pay anything". I don't expect $20 but is $100 (possibly not counting food or parking) a high price? I know they will get it. Just speculating ..

    Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    True on the pricing and that people will pay whatever they ask for it. It will be interesting to see what they charge. Will they push it with what they charge or do something lower? Knott's has seemed pretty reasonable for what they had asked for their food events but I can see Disney charging more. I do hope that if they are doing this as a food ticketed event that they will take from what Knott's learned and spread the offerings out to more than one location to spread people out more.
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

    According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

  4. #528
    Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Blog Entries
    4

    Hmm - and now WDWNT is reporting a rumor from Cast members that Main St. USA will be open March 14th to be able to offer overflow for DTD like DCA did, while DCA is holding their private ticketed event. If true - i'd rather have a corn dog from Little Red Wagon and sit on a bench - or hot dog from Coke Corner - than pay for a higher ticket at DCA for a private food event.

    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

  5. #529
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Huntington Beach, Ca
    Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    Hmm - and now WDWNT is reporting a rumor from Cast members that Main St. USA will be open March 14th to be able to offer overflow for DTD like DCA did, while DCA is holding their private ticketed event. If true - i'd rather have a corn dog from Little Red Wagon and sit on a bench - or hot dog from Coke Corner - than pay for a higher ticket at DCA for a private food event.
    On ABC7 and will be on the 4pm news about the DCA thing but not much more than is said at this point. If they do open Main St up like that, I have to really wonder about the capacity with things and how it will work for keeping safe distance within Downtown Disney if everyone is going through that way.
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

    According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

  6. #530
    Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    On ABC7 and will be on the 4pm news about the DCA thing but not much more than is said at this point. If they do open Main St up like that, I have to really wonder about the capacity with things and how it will work for keeping safe distance within Downtown Disney if everyone is going through that way.
    it will most likely be as BVS thought it would be (and was right when it opened). Folks will want to be on Main St. and hang much more than on BVS. The castle draw alone would be significant. I know some friends of mine have started speculating on getting food at Jolly Holiday, and Plaza Inn, and coke Corner - and I told them hold up - think about what smokejumpers and Award wieners are doing - and then you get an idea of what may or may not be available if Main St. information is true. It could be just more shopping. (though if I could spend time in Disneyana's art gallery I would feel better ;-) ).

    It is very interesting how the "all or nothing " stance it seemed Disneyland had before now appears to be out the window and "join 'em" strategy is standing out. Of course it also means hopefully better quality all around. Just dont have the same merch all over the place. BVS has improved a little.

    Hey - can you imagine an LP event where you can walk into the Lincoln theater and take a selfie with the Lincoln AA behind you!? that would be something... here I am dreaming and its not even confirmed yet.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

  7. #531
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Huntington Beach, Ca
    Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    it will most likely be as BVS thought it would be (and was right when it opened). Folks will want to be on Main St. and hang much more than on BVS. The castle draw alone would be significant. I know some friends of mine have started speculating on getting food at Jolly Holiday, and Plaza Inn, and coke Corner - and I told them hold up - think about what smokejumpers and Award wieners are doing - and then you get an idea of what may or may not be available if Main St. information is true. It could be just more shopping. (though if I could spend time in Disneyana's art gallery I would feel better ;-) ).

    It is very interesting how the "all or nothing " stance it seemed Disneyland had before now appears to be out the window and "join 'em" strategy is standing out. Of course it also means hopefully better quality all around. Just dont have the same merch all over the place. BVS has improved a little.

    Hey - can you imagine an LP event where you can walk into the Lincoln theater and take a selfie with the Lincoln AA behind you!? that would be something... here I am dreaming and its not even confirmed yet.
    Oh for sure Main St. will be a HUGE draw compared to BVS opening. Which we haven't bothered going over there at all. Unless they had the first 2 pair of Minnie ears from the Main Attraction collection, I just haven't seen a reason to go. I don't think I will even with Main St. open because of how crazy it will probably end up in the area. I do think that with food on Main St. you are right. It needs to be looked at how DCA has been with it. I can see it being set up similar and toss in the fact that you will have to figuring seating out to distance safely in the area so I can't see all places open for food at first. Toss in those that will want to head straight down for the castle and hang in that area...and how it will get handled.

    I will have to see what food items are offered with the food event to see if its worth it or not but also my comfort level with doing something like that as well. I do think its funny that Disney is now going this way and dropping the all or nothing stance. So much time wasted in that way when they could have followed what Knott's was doing to begin with last summer.

    LOL that would be interesting to get a pic with Mr. Lincoln's AA like that. I can see my husband wanting to do it.
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

    According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

  8. #532

    Gosh, I'm really not a fan of opening DL's Main Street just for retail. It seems to diminish the value of the Park.
    As far as the DCA food event, if they offer a tasting card included, I'm thinking it will be at least $79. Knott's just went up to $45 (still worth it)


  9. #533
    Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by spectromen View Post
    Gosh, I'm really not a fan of opening DL's Main Street just for retail. It seems to diminish the value of the Park.
    As far as the DCA food event, if they offer a tasting card included, I'm thinking it will be at least $79. Knott's just went up to $45 (still worth it)
    The sentiment for Main St you have (and I have) is where I think Disneyland mgmt used to be. All or nothing. But now with the pandemic going into it's full second year they are desperate to do something. Main st. Would have retail and food and be the relief valve since DCA will be closed to all except ticket holders.

    On the DCA event some folks have been thinking that the entire park would be open to walk around in a la knott's. Even in good times Disney never had an entire park opened for small events. There's also speculation that all restaurants would be open as well as food booths. I doubt that as well.

    Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

  10. #534
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Huntington Beach, Ca
    Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    The sentiment for Main St you have (and I have) is where I think Disneyland mgmt used to be. All or nothing. But now with the pandemic going into it's full second year they are desperate to do something. Main st. Would have retail and food and be the relief valve since DCA will be closed to all except ticket holders.

    On the DCA event some folks have been thinking that the entire park would be open to walk around in a la knott's. Even in good times Disney never had an entire park opened for small events. There's also speculation that all restaurants would be open as well as food booths. I doubt that as well.

    Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Agree. I thing as well with what is said on the amount of of what will end up open in DCA. With what is being said about the amount of Cast Members called back it doesn't seem like enough for opening that much but enough to do a food fest and keep an eye on guests. I know some are wondering if it will be a taste of food from the parks and others are assuming it will just be like the typical Food and Wine.
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

    According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

  11. #535

    I think Disney will continue to hold Disneyland park itself hostage until they get the legislation they want to fully reopen.


  12. #536

    Dont ever believe anything WDWNT has to say. They are nothing but full of rumors. No way Main St reopens in March.

    Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    Hmm - and now WDWNT is reporting a rumor from Cast members that Main St. USA will be open March 14th to be able to offer overflow for DTD like DCA did, while DCA is holding their private ticketed event. If true - i'd rather have a corn dog from Little Red Wagon and sit on a bench - or hot dog from Coke Corner - than pay for a higher ticket at DCA for a private food event.

  13. #537

    No way DCA is open to everyone. Ticketed guests will probably use a separate entrance or they will take tickets say starting at Cars Land.


    Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    The sentiment for Main St you have (and I have) is where I think Disneyland mgmt used to be. All or nothing. But now with the pandemic going into it's full second year they are desperate to do something. Main st. Would have retail and food and be the relief valve since DCA will be closed to all except ticket holders.

    On the DCA event some folks have been thinking that the entire park would be open to walk around in a la knott's. Even in good times Disney never had an entire park opened for small events. There's also speculation that all restaurants would be open as well as food booths. I doubt that as well.

    Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

  14. #538
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Huntington Beach, Ca

    indiejones, I do get that site is a lot of clickbait like some others and just assuming whatever. Disney shows reservations for Carthay only going to the end of the month and if you look at March nothing shows at all to even try to get one. So I think all of DCA will be closed off except for ticket event holders. Its easier to deal with things that way. I think that what would be best is if Disney wanted to have Main St. open during that time too, they should have guests for the food event entering in a different spot for sure and not going through Downtown Disney so it doesn't end up with more people where distancing can't happen. Yet at the end of the day Disney more than likely won't do that and it will end up being what it is. I could see them starting the event and opening Main St. at the same time though, or shortly before or after.

    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

    According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

  15. #539
    Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Blog Entries
    4

    It looks like the DCA Food Festival may be targeted for 3/15. The Disneyland App says DCA schedule is unavailable that day (instead of Closed). Downtown Disney schedule is unavailable too. (tip from Fresh Baked Disney on youtube).

    Disneyland's schedule is unavailable as of 3/28. That could be A LOT of different things. One is they messed up in the calendar. Another could be they do plan to open Main St. for dining and shopping. Im thinking its the former but it could be they need to play with dates, etc. Im surprised that the Food Festival didnt have an announcement yet since its only 2 weeks away (allegedly). Do they think to announce with 1 week to go - so folks get all nervous and buy tickets outright sell it out? Seems like you should plan in advance more - but - we shall see.

    I've got a Carthay reservation for Saturday. hmmm - now can I convince my wife its safe enough through the Harbor entrance.

    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

  16. #540
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Huntington Beach, Ca

    I saw LOTS of speculation on the calendar stuff earlier on another site. It could very well mean nothing at all since they have had things like this in the past where it looked one way and then later was back to what it was. It wasn't being used from what I understand during this time with just BVS open so not sure they would for just Main St. I see to many that are reading FAR to much into things IMO at this point though on so many things with theme parks. Little stupid posts on social media from one place or another and conclusions are that something is happening.

    They may be waiting to announce things though when it is closer for who knows what reason(s). If it does start sometime in the middle of March, I can see them waiting until next week to announce more on it.

    I saw that DVC is emailing about VGC opening in May.

    Good luck getting your wife to go with you. I get why she would feel as she could be about it though.

    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

    According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

  17. #541
    Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    I saw LOTS of speculation on the calendar stuff earlier on another site. It could very well mean nothing at all since they have had things like this in the past where it looked one way and then later was back to what it was. It wasn't being used from what I understand during this time with just BVS open so not sure they would for just Main St. I see to many that are reading FAR to much into things IMO at this point though on so many things with theme parks. Little stupid posts on social media from one place or another and conclusions are that something is happening.

    They may be waiting to announce things though when it is closer for who knows what reason(s). If it does start sometime in the middle of March, I can see them waiting until next week to announce more on it.

    I saw that DVC is emailing about VGC opening in May.

    Good luck getting your wife to go with you. I get why she would feel as she could be about it though.
    Well we've been going to socially distant outdoor church so.....

    Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

  18. #542
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Huntington Beach, Ca
    Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    Well we've been going to socially distant outdoor church so.....

    Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    LOL so good chance of talking her into it.

    I saw a comment earlier some place else that the calendar for Disneyland has been bouncing around like that since last year with the unavailable and/or closed showing like it is.
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

    According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

  19. #543
    Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Blog Entries
    1

    Announced this AM on the Disney Parks Blog, details on the DCA Food Event.

    Article here.

    Karin


  20. #544
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Huntington Beach, Ca
    Quote Originally Posted by Karin View Post
    Announced this AM on the Disney Parks Blog, details on the DCA Food Event.

    Article here.
    Just put up a thread for it at the same time you must have been posting this. LOL
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

    According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

  21. #545
    Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    Just put up a thread for it at the same time you must have been posting this. LOL
    LOL. Thanks, Berry Princess!
    Karin


  22. #546

    I've been contemplating a DTD visit -- how bad are the crowds? Is there enough space to truly be socially distant from others? If I go, I'd be aiming for before the food festival starts to avoid that potential crowd. We've been hardcore avoiding places with other people (with the exception of the grocery store). Only getting takeout, doing a lot of curbside pickup... this is outside my comfort zone, but since it's largely outdoors, I'm starting to come around to it. I miss my Disney atmosphere, and the reopening of Wonderground is a big draw for me.


  23. #547
    Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Shortpix77 View Post
    I've been contemplating a DTD visit -- how bad are the crowds? Is there enough space to truly be socially distant from others? If I go, I'd be aiming for before the food festival starts to avoid that potential crowd. We've been hardcore avoiding places with other people (with the exception of the grocery store). Only getting takeout, doing a lot of curbside pickup... this is outside my comfort zone, but since it's largely outdoors, I'm starting to come around to it. I miss my Disney atmosphere, and the reopening of Wonderground is a big draw for me.
    I have been several times. My tolerance is a bit better than most but I won't hang out in too much of a bunch of folks.

    The tips below are to go on lighter days or how to mitigate an increase in crowds.

    Thoughts (these are all loosely coupled)
    - if you can, go on a weekday
    - park at Anaheim hotel or garden walk and use Harbor entrance
    - most crowded area is between Naples and Black Tap - and the most narrow.
    - if you see something you want don't wait to buy it in another store. There may be a much longer wait due to small store size
    - if you must go to the trading post get your virtual spot early and know once called back the wait could still be an hour ( even in non crowded days)
    - there are more open spots to eat around the BVS areas than in DtD.
    - longest waits (besides setup) are for Disney Home Store and Marceline's. In BVS longest wait is for off the page.

    Some folks may have more - these are mine.

    Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

  24. #548
    Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    I have been several times. My tolerance is a bit better than most but I won't hang out in too much of a bunch of folks.

    The tips below are to go on lighter days or how to mitigate an increase in crowds.

    Thoughts (these are all loosely coupled)
    - if you can, go on a weekday
    - park at Anaheim hotel or garden walk and use Harbor entrance
    - most crowded area is between Naples and Black Tap - and the most narrow.
    - if you see something you want don't wait to buy it in another store. There may be a much longer wait due to small store size
    - if you must go to the trading post get your virtual spot early and know once called back the wait could still be an hour ( even in non crowded days)
    - there are more open spots to eat around the BVS areas than in DtD.
    - longest waits (besides setup) are for Disney Home Store and Marceline's. In BVS longest wait is for off the page.

    Some folks may have more - these are mine.

    Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Thank you! Much appreciated.

  25. #549
    Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Shortpix77 View Post
    Thank you! Much appreciated.
    I wanted to add that you need a voucher to park at Anaheim Hotel for $10. Check micechat or @gothicrosie on instagram.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

  26. #550
    Quote Originally Posted by Shortpix77 View Post
    I've been contemplating a DTD visit -- how bad are the crowds? Is there enough space to truly be socially distant from others? If I go, I'd be aiming for before the food festival starts to avoid that potential crowd. We've been hardcore avoiding places with other people (with the exception of the grocery store).
    In my short experience, people absolutely do not respect social distancing. People were passing each other close enough to touch. If you are uncomfortable passing someone in an aisle in the grocery store, know that people will pass you much closer in DTD and on BVS. Here are screenshots from a recent video Mouseplanet posted. You can watch people's videos and see how close they're getting.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •