Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: When will Disneyland Re-Open? - speculation incouraged

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    Half capacity at Disneyland is still a crowded time. There is a lot of places in that park that do not have the area to distance people out enough at that much. If there is a virtual line then you have those folks standing around waiting in the area not doing anything and it would be impossible to keep them distanced. So it would end up worse than having those waiting in a physical line. DCA has more open space because of how it was built. There are a few spots I can think of that might get a little tough but even those can be figured out better than many spots in Disneyland. It doesn't much matter as the guidelines were given.
    I really am not a fan of trying to compare a store to things like this. You aren't in the store all day though and are usually mixing with those in your own community. While in a theme park you are mixed with many more that are not in your own community and that is why they consider it more of a risk factor.
    true. Look at some of the posts over the past week at some of the blogs covering WDW. Lines all over the place in walkways and public areas because they dont want people huddled inside. Solved one problem but kind of created a second. Because some rides are closed, shops are lower capacity inside, and no shows or entertainment that leads to more people in the walkways and non-social distancing. Sure you could walk past the line quickly but for those standing there its more of a risk. And we're in the middle of the third uptick across the country in cases. Riverside County today (Wednesday) was just forced back down into Purple tier due to the numbers going up. Its still a big problem.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

2. # ADS

I hope there's a safe vaccine soon. But there will be those who will refuse to get vaccinated for several reasons I'm afraid. But really, how else is there even a way out of this pandemic otherwise without totally destroying the economy?

There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    true. Look at some of the posts over the past week at some of the blogs covering WDW. Lines all over the place in walkways and public areas because they dont want people huddled inside. Solved one problem but kind of created a second. Because some rides are closed, shops are lower capacity inside, and no shows or entertainment that leads to more people in the walkways and non-social distancing. Sure you could walk past the line quickly but for those standing there its more of a risk. And we're in the middle of the third uptick across the country in cases. Riverside County today (Wednesday) was just forced back down into Purple tier due to the numbers going up. Its still a big problem.
    Yes I saw that about Riverside County. So closing things back up they go and that is what I was saying about here. We have what 3 counties around that are in the purple (LA, Riverside and San Bernardino) and San Diego County is teetering on going back to purple. With Halloween coming up its a bit worrisome of what could happen here in our county. I see many in my city that just don't care and think its a joke still. You are right it is a problem still when numbers are are going back up in many places.

I have been reading many trip reports from WDW. Yes it seems its getting a little more crowded in areas there and harder to distance in parts because of the lines in the walkways. You are right with limits in what would have normally been options to do and shorter hours in the parks as well its harder to get even the amount there now to distance with the way its set up. I've seen a few say certain shops that they are still crowded inside and no distancing going on. There has been more and more reporting on masks being taken off in lines with people eating or just keeping them off even until they get closer to getting on the ride. Then once on the ride off the masks come again. More are walking around again eating as well. This is where it comes down to what consequences come from this? The rules/guidelines can be repeated there all they want but if no follow through happens to those that think they can skirt the rules when they decide to then more will do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGoofyGuy View Post
    I hope there's a safe vaccine soon. But there will be those who will refuse to get vaccinated for several reasons I'm afraid. But really, how else is there even a way out of this pandemic otherwise without totally destroying the economy?
    This is the thing, would we be in a different position if we had done something country wide instead of state by state way back when this start? If we had just stuck things out and followed guidelines as well from the get go for a few months would we be in a better position? Sadly there is no way to really know since to many weren't into doing this and had tantrums (and still are). I will admit I won't vaccinate my family unless I knew it was safe and wouldn't do it right away. I'm not an anti-vaxxer either. I have had my kids get it done on schedule always in that area. I just like to take the info in and see what happens (side effects, etc) before jumping in something like that when its new. Yet I do get what you are saying. There are those that will fight against it and try to push others to not do it for whatever reasons they have.
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGoofyGuy View Post
    Newsom said CA will independently verify vaccine is safe before it gets distribution in the state. Makes me feel better about getting it. I am pro-vaccine, but I'm not gonna be the 1st person in line, even after it gets ok'd. Just not worth it.
    Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities. Truth isn't

High School here she comes!

come to think of it - when Walt opened the park that's how it was designed. You could come in and just walk around. Enjoy the environment. see the building, flowers, decorations. Attractions were extras. Its OK to not have rides running. No one will think less of you - but i guess they are afraid of what that image may be like. Who knows.
    Personally, I would pay 5X admission to visit Disneyland with NO rides at 10% capacity and a very strick mask mandate. I would be very happy to just walk around. I know that will never happen.
    Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities. Truth isn't

High School here she comes!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by june1st1997 View Post
    Newsom said CA will independently verify vaccine is safe before it gets distribution in the state. Makes me feel better about getting it. I am pro-vaccine, but I'm not gonna be the 1st person in line, even after it gets ok'd. Just not worth it.
    I heard on the news today (KNX) that there are plans for multiple identity proofing technologies to ensure that vaccines delivered are truly the ones intended and not a copy or fake.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by june1st1997 View Post
    I spoke with a county heath official about the vaccine that is coming. Told him I would be nervous about being the first too. He said that today's vaccines the way they develop and test them are way better than things used to be. He also said that if 35% of the population took it then it would have a profound affect on the virus spread and would pretty much make it a non issue.

Even if you don't like Trump it's professionals that are developing these things and not him. I bet half the people working on it are Demarcates and half Republican's. A vaccine Should not be a political issue at all.
    "If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

I have been there at capacity, and half capacity and almost empty

My point is there is a lot of room in there and I really think people could social distance if they needed too. Smaller rides could have ques with parties standing every 6 feet.

Again - somehow its working in other parks across the country and world without making lots of people ill.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sjhanksaz View Post

My point is there is a lot of room in there and I really think people could social distance if they needed too. Smaller rides could have ques with parties standing every 6 feet.

Again - somehow its working in other parks across the country and world without making lots of people ill.
    But any queue inside a building is not being used. And less capacity per ride means less people through. The pictures don't lie - wdw at 25% capacity but the walkways look very busy. So you are next to A LOT of people. All it takes is one asymptomatic person who decides at that moment not to wear their mask right and no one there to tell them to correct it. That's a risk. Not just for me but for people I may come into contact later.

You need to think about it in a way like that person near you has it. How do you enjoy yourself when that is the case.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I spoke with a county heath official about the vaccine that is coming. Told him I would be nervous about being the first too. He said that today's vaccines the way they develop and test them are way better than things used to be. He also said that if 35% of the population took it then it would have a profound affect on the virus spread and would pretty much make it a non issue.

Even if you don't like Trump it's professionals that are developing these things and not him. I bet half the people working on it are Demarcates and half Republican's. A vaccine Should not be a political issue at all.
    Agree its not a political issue when it come to a vaccine. Sadly we all know some will look at it that way while many of us look at it more as if its safe and such. There are so many countries working on it that obviously someone will figure the right one out that is safest.

Like olegc said that isn't the case though. When you have more spilling out into walkways because its where lines end up in order for social distancing to happen there is no way to do it safely at even half capacity. If you take areas in Disneyland like Fantasyland and Adventureland, just those 2 alone do not allow for the best social distancing to happen with lines spilling into the walkways. You will end up with to many walking by closely to those in lines. The theme parks in Florida have literally shown this is how its ended up. Its not just WDW but Universal Florida as well is having the issues with distancing. From what I've read about Universal Florida they also have started not distancing on certain rides anymore as well. Sea World there is almost back to how it was before covid from what I've been reading and Legoland is only requiring guests to wear a mask when indoors from what I saw in a trip report. As it is people have a hard enough time in my area keeping distance and wearing a mask correctly or at all when in the grocery store or other places. Remember these are some of the people that might end up in the theme parks here as well. There are many that are reporting in WDW that guests are in lines taking masks off like its ok and at times eating. I getting the need for water because of the weather there but at the same time you got them keeping the mask off and not putting it back on right after the drink. This is in lines and walking around. Its hit and miss on it being dealt with or not. So those kind of things end up posing a risk to others around as well. So for me I'm not exactly seeing things handled the best in many areas there in WDW. As olegc also pointed out it just takes on asymptomatic person or someone thinking they can just take fever reducers to get through the temp check for themselves or their kid.

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

So looks like in time for holiday shopping Disney will open Buena Vista Street up for shopping and dining.

Blog Entries
    So looks like in time for holiday shopping Disney will open Buena Vista Street up for shopping and dining.
    I like it but wonder about crowd control. Obviously they opened Backlot to offload some pressure from WoD and increase capacity but it still seems that this would have a lot more people just hanging out in BVS. They could control guests into each shop I know - but will that create a high density situation along the street. And that walk isnt necessarily "close" to DTD. Im glad more is being offered. I also liked the idea floated by MC in the comments where maybe they could do Festival of Holidays just past BVS and make it ticketed event. More planning is required but BVS would be free and FoH ticketed. Its a thought. Though they're too close now so maybe something in January.

But if they cancel APs like all the rumors say then it just becomes a regular visit out of pocket - and maybe I'd wait until the rest is open.

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries
    It doesn't say if it'll be free, taking AP's only, or will require a ticket to enter. Or am I missing that detail?
    Karin

I like it but wonder about crowd control. Obviously they opened Backlot to offload some pressure from WoD and increase capacity but it still seems that this would have a lot more people just hanging out in BVS. They could control guests into each shop I know - but will that create a high density situation along the street. And that walk isnt necessarily "close" to DTD. Im glad more is being offered. I also liked the idea floated by MC in the comments where maybe they could do Festival of Holidays just past BVS and make it ticketed event. More planning is required but BVS would be free and FoH ticketed. Its a thought. Though they're too close now so maybe something in January.

But if they cancel APs like all the rumors say then it just becomes a regular visit out of pocket - and maybe I'd wait until the rest is open.
    I hadn't heard rumors of APs being canceled. I do know there are issues still with getting refunds for those that wanted them. Those people are still waiting on it. Which if they were to cancel then there is a lot more refunding that will have to happen as well. It would be stupid to do such a thing at this point. It would come off in bad light I would think for them when you see the others not doing anything of the sort here.

Yet I do think that they will have to control the flow of how many are in there because not just the shops needing it and a few eating spots but that is one of few spots in DCA that can be a tight squeeze with to many there. Mix in a few snack cart options to that as well like it says. I don't know about the spacing working if they don't keep track of how many are coming in. We all know that many will flock to it just to be there. I am surprised that they didn't just do as Knott's instead and do it as a ticketed food fest for the holidays. It would have been more controlled and could spread it out. As Knott's has done offer so much but make sure its in more than one location for those offerings so you can space the people more. They also could have opened more shops that way as well or set up more carts with merchandise.

Quote Originally Posted by Karin View Post
    It doesn't say if it'll be free, taking AP's only, or will require a ticket to enter. Or am I missing that detail?
    Its sounding like its free and open like an extension of Downtown Disney.

I hadn't heard rumors of APs being canceled. I do know there are issues still with getting refunds for those that wanted them. Those people are still waiting on it. Which if they were to cancel then there is a lot more refunding that will have to happen as well. It would be stupid to do such a thing at this point. It would come off in bad light I would think for them when you see the others not doing anything of the sort here.

Yet I do think that they will have to control the flow of how many are in there because not just the shops needing it and a few eating spots but that is one of few spots in DCA that can be a tight squeeze with to many there. Mix in a few snack cart options to that as well like it says. I don't know about the spacing working if they don't keep track of how many are coming in. We all know that many will flock to it just to be there. I am surprised that they didn't just do as Knott's instead and do it as a ticketed food fest for the holidays. It would have been more controlled and could spread it out. As Knott's has done offer so much but make sure its in more than one location for those offerings so you can space the people more. They also could have opened more shops that way as well or set up more carts with merchandise.

Its sounding like its free and open like an extension of Downtown Disney.
    I don't think it should open for shopping or eating. Sounds very unsafe. There is no way everyone there will play by the proper rules. People are going to to get sick. People are going to get other people sick. This should stay shut.

I don't think it should open for shopping or eating. Sounds very unsafe. There is no way everyone there will play by the proper rules. People are going to to get sick. People are going to get other people sick. This should stay shut.
    With the space size it seems a little odd doesn't it? I know they are going into where Smokejumpers Grill is since they are letting you eat there and outdoor dining at Carthay's, you have to wonder what the set up will look like. I don't know what the seating looks like for the restaurants in DTD right now but I know what I've seen in my city in the downtown area the seats are NOT spaced out at all and people are back to back. When its packed down in that area its not good. Especially being down by the ocean with the breeze. We know that this option by Disney would be packed. Yet you mix in vending carts that will have popcorn, churros, and whatever else and where do you have those people go to sit since they shouldn't be walking around eating. Space would be very limited on this for sure when you think more and more on it and safety of it since masks will be off all over the place to just eat and drink. Its going to really need to be controlled on how many are in the area completely and make sure rules are followed or else. Especially if they want to show the state they can do things in a safe manner. Heck even Knott's knew that they had to expand things more to spread the few out they allowed in for their food fest and shopping to keep it safe.

What would have been great is if they had figured a plan out instead to set up a pick up and go option on the theme park foods. I remember reading a survey was done asking about that back in the Spring. I would have gladly done an order to pick up and go option from them on some things. This though would be a no go for me. They could have used the Harbor side for this and with no busses it would have been great area to let people park for the time it would take to pick up and go.

Blog Entries
    I hadn't heard rumors of APs being canceled.
    Tokyo Disney has cancelled all Caps. There are some nuances but they will be working on refunds after December. So there is a lot of speculation that they will do that for Disneyland due to such a long time without revenue. It will also let them retool the entire program.

I would be very sad though.

Tokyo Disney has cancelled all Caps. There are some nuances but they will be working on refunds after December. So there is a lot of speculation that they will do that for Disneyland due to such a long time without revenue. It will also let them retool the entire program.

I would be very sad though.

I did see that but I think its a bit of a different situation there compared to here in that area and as well as who is in charge of things there. I think if Disney did that it would hurt them more here by doing so for when the parks do open. I know DLR is more dependent on that area and the locals with them but even at this point WDW seems to be depending and doing what they can to get their APers to go to the parks right now with tourism not going on and many not willing to travel at this point. It doesn't seem the Chinese parks are going there and are working with it all ok (as far as I have seen). I know in Japan what I read was that it was because for now they wanted people to be able to buy a ticket that and that wanted to go. Yet even when WDW opened (and when DLR does the same thing) we know that tickets of any kind were not going to be sold in that moment. I know WDW is selling tickets again and didn't take to long since they weren't getting the usual influx of guests of course with travel restrictions and such. I do think it would be different here with a lot of this of course because of the amount of APers that they may still have. I wouldn't be surprised though when the parks can open to see any kind of restrictions on amount of days one could go in a month for those that do hold APs. I could see them cut out some of those lower level APs as well to maybe weed the APs down to only so many.

Blog Entries
    I did see that but I think its a bit of a different situation there compared to here in that area and as well as who is in charge of things there. I think if Disney did that it would hurt them more here by doing so for when the parks do open. I know DLR is more dependent on that area and the locals with them but even at this point WDW seems to be depending and doing what they can to get their APers to go to the parks right now with tourism not going on and many not willing to travel at this point. It doesn't seem the Chinese parks are going there and are working with it all ok (as far as I have seen). I know in Japan what I read was that it was because for now they wanted people to be able to buy a ticket that and that wanted to go. Yet even when WDW opened (and when DLR does the same thing) we know that tickets of any kind were not going to be sold in that moment. I know WDW is selling tickets again and didn't take to long since they weren't getting the usual influx of guests of course with travel restrictions and such. I do think it would be different here with a lot of this of course because of the amount of APers that they may still have. I wouldn't be surprised though when the parks can open to see any kind of restrictions on amount of days one could go in a month for those that do hold APs. I could see them cut out some of those lower level APs as well to maybe weed the APs down to only so many.
    My dang Autocorrect. I meant to say All APs. You are correct that Tokyo handles their guest load differently - but desperate times for Disneyland may push management into certain decision directions.

My dang Autocorrect. I meant to say All APs. You are correct that Tokyo handles their guest load differently - but desperate times for Disneyland may push management into certain decision directions.
    I knew what you meant and at least it didn't autocorrect to something bad. LOL I am still not sure they would do that here no matter what. I don't think they would so easily let go of the money they have if they don't have to though. Look how long they had/have been sitting on refunds for those wanting them. It will be interesting to see if they do anything different though from WDW in the way of reservations for APers because of the amount we do have here or look at what they are doing in Japan.

I am not sure this is the best thing but I was reading some recent trip reports for WDW with the issues of people eating and drinking in lines with nothing being said. Now some are saying that there was a few rides were guests were told as long as they were standing in there spot it was ok but they had to put masks back on before moving. There are those admitting they do it while walking with their snacks and drinks as well and how they saw others doing it with not a word from a CM. Even before this there was some saying guests were just moving through lines that way until they got closer to getting on the ride. With eating and drinking...how many will really bother to pull a mask back up for a short distance and be responsible? I get needing water while in the Florida weather and grabbed a sip from time to time but the open invite to eat and drink away in lines seems like a mistake. One report was also saying guests were not using the areas for taking a mask break but were sitting at the outdoor tables taking up the spaces from those that would like to sit and eat. CMs were seeing it but nothing said. As I said this is the concerns I have with here opening to soon because it does happen were certain rules start to relax when they shouldn't or CMs just give up and don't enforce. All these things combined seems like a giant invite for trouble. It seems most are still mostly following the rules and not doing those things but little by little a breakdown starts like that and then what?

Blog Entries

So many folks locally posting desires for the Gallagher Newsom case to go against Newsome - thus ending emergency powers. God I hope not. It would give Disney license to open freely with folks doing exactly above.

So many folks locally posting desires for the Gallagher Newsom case to go against Newsome - thus ending emergency powers. God I hope not. It would give Disney license to open freely with folks doing exactly above.

I haven't seen much on that one but agree with you. Let's hope not.

From what I've read of that case, I think that the plaintiff's have the better argument. It's hard to say how the court will rule, but their argument is that either the emergency powers act provides limited powers, and he has abused them with some (many?) of his executive orders. If that theory prevails some, he could be stopped from issuing new emergency orders that exceed the emergency powers act but it's uncertain what will happen (at least immediately) to the executive orders he previously issued. Or, he is acting within the authority granted by the emergency powers laws and those laws themselves are unconstitutional (other courts in other states, whose emergency laws are substantially similar, have recently ruled that they are unconstitutional). Newsom's argument is that his executive orders are legal and constitutional.

I have a hard time believing that Newsom's executive order regarding electric vehicle sales (and as I've stated before/elsewhere, I'm an electric vehicle owner) are not a usurpation of the legislature's power/authority, but that's not the case before the court. It's very possible that the judge will limit the scope of her ruling to just the specific executive order (which addresses the upcoming election), and not address the legality of the rest of his orders, although depending on her rationale, that could make it easier/harder for others to sue on similar grounds.

Even ruling that the emergency powers act is unconstitutional would not give Disney license to "open freely." The state legislatures could act to adopt all of the emergency orders that Newsom has in place. And even if they didn't, Disney still has a huge incentive to keep the parks as safe as they can. Even in Florida where the state has decided that masks are optional and the parks can reopen to 100% capacity, Disney has elected to continue mandating them and maintain reduced attendance.

If a person isn't comfortable going to a theme park, they don't have to. Under earlier drafts of the union agreements with Disney, if an employee wasn't comfortable returning to work due to COVID-19, they could ask to be skipped over in seniority, and wait to return to work until they were recalled a second time. I don't know if that changed with the recent agreements or the layoffs, but since not everyone will be able to come back to work immediately, I suspect not.

But for those who want to go to theme parks, and those who want to return to work, I am not convinced that it is "completely unsafe for absolutely everyone." And if it's not unsafe for everyone, why not allow those who are willing to assume personal responsibility for their health/safety return?

Florida is no longer on lockdown, they have realized LIFE goes on. Think of all the things in our daily lives that harm us. How many of them do we fail to live our lives because of? How many of us never leave home? How many of us never go do this or do that because of potential deadly dangers outside? SARS and MERS was much much more deadly and we never shutdown, Yes Covid is much more contagious but the death rate is around 2% and while any death is tragic, there are a multitude of things people die from every day, some contagious and some not. We do not hide out from all of those other 'dangers', we weigh the risk! I call this a feardemic in stead of a pandemic and YES I am in the high risk category 65+ overweight with reactive asthma. I wear a mask out in public cause 'the authorities' say masks prevent/reduce the spread, so if masks work, why the lockdown? Could it be something like seeing how easily the populace is controlled and will tolerate restrictions? Beginning to look like it. Now before you respond all emotional and hysterical RE READ every WORD of my post..then respond logically..