Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: When will Disneyland Re-Open? - speculation incouraged

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Currence - I guess it's because you yourself might take personal responsibility for safety to go visit a theme park but if someone else does not, and you are exposed, then you bring that virus back with you away from the theme park. Then it may get passed on to others. It's a level of risk that is not completely controlled yet evident I believe in the growing case rates right now across the country. I see your point and appreciate it but I also see the other side - the public health topic usually focuses from large population concerns down to individual concerns.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

2. # ADS

We have entered the 2021 flu season so I am also wondering if the spikes are from last years COVID19 or this years? Guesswork when the authorities wont release current year spread and if this flu is SARS type or not which might be the cause for spikes. THINKING minds want to know the FULL truth, not just selected truths

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DaDuckFan1955 View Post
    We have entered the 2021 flu season so I am also wondering if the spikes are from last years COVID19 or this years? Guesswork when the authorities wont release current year spread and if this flu is SARS type or not which might be the cause for spikes. THINKING minds want to know the FULL truth, not just selected truths
    Well the usual flu virus (whatever strain this year may be occuring) is different genetically from Covid-19. When Johns Hopkins releases info on new Covid-19 cases it's specific to that virus strain - not mixed with general flu.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by DaDuckFan1955 View Post
    Florida is no longer on lockdown, they have realized LIFE goes on. Think of all the things in our daily lives that harm us. How many of them do we fail to live our lives because of? How many of us never leave home? How many of us never go do this or do that because of potential deadly dangers outside? SARS and MERS was much much more deadly and we never shutdown, Yes Covid is much more contagious but the death rate is around 2% and while any death is tragic, there are a multitude of things people die from every day, some contagious and some not. We do not hide out from all of those other 'dangers', we weigh the risk! I call this a feardemic in stead of a pandemic and YES I am in the high risk category 65+ overweight with reactive asthma. I wear a mask out in public cause 'the authorities' say masks prevent/reduce the spread, so if masks work, why the lockdown? Could it be something like seeing how easily the populace is controlled and will tolerate restrictions? Beginning to look like it. Now before you respond all emotional and hysterical RE READ every WORD of my post..then respond logically..
    OMG we are not even on a lockdown and never truly were. I'm so sick of the whole its about control when its a WORLD WIDE pandemic and other places have shown that by wearing mask, social distancing and not mixing a lot with others in large gatherings works to keep the spread of covid down but its a combo of these things that works. We see here how easily it spreads when people are gathering with no masks, distancing and mixing households. Ireland is on a lockdown AGAIN. When we have been free to come and go as we please and no limit on how far from home or when then how was that a lockdown? In Ireland they are not allowed to travel far from home unless its for a few reasons. So tell me again how we have been on a lockdown when we could travel to another city, county or even state freely? Florida is the last place one should even bring up as their cases are just going up and they have a Governor that isn't honest on the numbers of cases and wants to hide the ones now. There are those that are still dealing with the effects of covid many months later and no one knows if it will be a life long issues or not at this point either. This has happened to health people that didn't have underlying conditions as well. So its not just about death IMO but the effects this could have on anyone for months or possibly longer.
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    OMG we are not even on a lockdown and never truly were.
    I respectfully disagree, at least for residents in the City of Los Angeles:

"Subject only to the exceptions outlined in this Paragraph and Paragraph 5 below,all persons living within the City of Los Angeles are hereby ordered to remain in theirhomes. Residents of the City of Los Angeles who are experiencing homelessness areexempt from this requirement." - This is the current emergency order issued 10/8/20. While there are an increasingly high list of exceptions, I believe an order for all persons to remain in their homes should be classified as a "lock down." Whether this was ever truly enforced is a separate issue.

I'm so sick of the whole its about control when its a WORLD WIDE pandemic and other places have shown that by wearing mask, social distancing and not mixing a lot with others in large gatherings works to keep the spread of covid down but its a combo of these things that works.
    Florida is the last place one should even bring up ...
    Ignoring Florida, what are the Disney parks in Hong Kong, Tokyo, and Paris doing differently than what Disneyland has proposed such that they have successfully re-opened but Disneyland should not?

Quote Originally Posted by currence View Post

"Subject only to the exceptions outlined in this Paragraph and Paragraph 5 below,all persons living within the City of Los Angeles are hereby ordered to remain in theirhomes. Residents of the City of Los Angeles who are experiencing homelessness areexempt from this requirement." - This is the current emergency order issued 10/8/20. While there are an increasingly high list of exceptions, I believe an order for all persons to remain in their homes should be classified as a "lock down." Whether this was ever truly enforced is a separate issue.
    Yet you can go to the store when you want, eat out when you want, and go more than a few miles from home if you want, right? Obviously they rather people try to stay home more than go out and just hang about in places or have large gatherings. I get what you are saying about what that order says but if it was a true lockdown you wouldn't be able to travel as freely as you do in the county or out of the county. There wouldn't be as much open as there is, you know? I do think that should have been worded differently since with the amount open and all doesn't seem to go along with what a true lockdown would be.

Ignoring Florida, what are the Disney parks in Hong Kong, Tokyo, and Paris doing differently than what Disneyland has proposed such that they have successfully re-opened but Disneyland should not?
    For one thing most those places have citizens that are following guidelines and are not making this about conspiracies or political. We have people here that can't even follow guidelines when going to a grocery store. If they can't even wear the mask there or wear it correctly do you think they will do it in a theme park once inside? Remember Anaheim has been the 2nd highest in cases in the county and we have at least 3 counties around us that are in the purple tier. So how do they reopen safely right now without the risk of having to close back up soon after with all these things in play?
    BTW, France has put curfews in place in Paris because of rising cases. Its not going to effect the parks there right now but if it keeps going I can see them having to close up again if that is what. I will say I haven't looked to much at how it is in the Paris parks though with guidelines followed.

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

I live in la county. Every restaurant is open, nail salons, stores, schools have kids on campus. That is not a lock down. The schools allowed children on campus starting last week -via waiver. The cities are issuing permits to move dining to the sidewalk and the streets.

If you live in LA county, you know we are not on lockdown. And I would argue the practice of what is actually happening is the only thing that matters in this situation.

The difference is those parks are not in the US and those countries did not politicize the use of masks.

My SIL has been to each of those multiple times and has often commented especially in Hong Kong and Tokyo - the use of masks pre-pandemic were very very common.

We're thinking about making a day trip to DD mid week. For those of you who are locals, are Tues/Wed/Thurs the best days to be able to park fairly quick and avoid crowds?

There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGoofyGuy View Post
    For those of you who are locals, are Tues/Wed/Thurs the best days to be able to park fairly quick and avoid crowds?
    When we go it's on a Monday, specifically to avoid crowds. We went the 1st Mon. they were open in mid-July and it was great. Once in Aug. and twice in Sept. Each time the crowds were subsequently larger. The last time we went, at the end of Sept. we decided it was too crowded, for us. We've not had issues parking during the week, when we're gone it was 5 pm-ish.

That said, I'm sure it's way more crowded on the weekends. We drove by, intending to go one Sat. in Aug. and there was a sign in front of the parking lot stating it was Full.
    Karin

Quote Originally Posted by Karin View Post
    When we go it's on a Monday, specifically to avoid crowds. We went the 1st Mon. they were open in mid-July and it was great. Once in Aug. and twice in Sept. Each time the crowds were subsequently larger. The last time we went, at the end of Sept. we decided it was too crowded, for us. We've not had issues parking during the week, when we're gone it was 5 pm-ish.

That said, I'm sure it's way more crowded on the weekends. We drove by, intending to go one Sat. in Aug. and there was a sign in front of the parking lot stating it was Full.
    Not surprising weekends and evenings would be crowded. Mouseplanet said that the parking was stopped within 15 mins of opening Sunday. I would think if one was going during the week early it might not be as bad with people more busy with work/school. That might change though when they open Buena Vista Street up in DCA. We haven't gone over but its not something we would normally have gone to before covid so it just doesn't have an appeal to us.

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries
    That might change though when they open Buena Vista Street up in DCA. We haven't gone over but its not something we would normally have gone to before covid so it just doesn't have an appeal to us.
    1) we normally wouldn't go to hang out in DTD either, but after 4 months of not going, we needed a Disney fix.

2) I think it's going to get ka-ray-zee after BVS opens. DH thinks that's when they're going to start charging for parking again, I disagree since it's supposedly just an extension of DTD being open and not "opening the parks". That said, I wonder if they're going to open any more parking since the lot fills on the weekends already.
    Karin

1) we normally wouldn't go to hang out in DTD either, but after 4 months of not going, we needed a Disney fix.

2) I think it's going to get ka-ray-zee after BVS opens. DH thinks that's when they're going to start charging for parking again, I disagree since it's supposedly just an extension of DTD being open and not "opening the parks". That said, I wonder if they're going to open any more parking since the lot fills on the weekends already.
    I hope that they don't open any additional parking until/unless they have significantly increased capacity with the new shops that open. Based on the lines I've seen/read about to get into some of the stores, I wouldn't want significantly more people able to access DTD until there is an actual place for them to go.

Even if they did start to charge for parking again I don't think it would make a difference on the crazy that will happen or how long people decided to stay. I don't think the paid parking will start back up yet either but it also wouldn't surprise me if they did either. More parking would mean more people down there so will see how it all ends up going.

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries
    I hope that they don't open any additional parking until/unless they have significantly increased capacity with the new shops that open. Based on the lines I've seen/read about to get into some of the stores, I wouldn't want significantly more people able to access DTD until there is an actual place for them to go.
    I mean opening more parking when BVS opens. There'd be all that room, shops and restaurants, to absorb the extra people. There would be more people, presumably, in the Esplanade, too.
    Karin

I mean opening more parking when BVS opens. There'd be all that room, shops and restaurants, to absorb the extra people. There would be more people, presumably, in the Esplanade, too.
    I agree with currence. There is only so much space as well in DTD between shops, restaurants and walkways when you take out the Esplanade from things. When people are already waiting to get in places as it is and will probably have to for BVS it could lead to more jams in spots in DTD and especially if they set it up with the mobile list. Will they walk around DTD or hang out in the Esplanade until they might get their turn in BVS area? Shall see if they do let more in and how it ends up when the time comes though. I will say that I am one of those that enjoyed doing a little Christmas shopping in the parks every year. This is is the first in a long time that it won't be happening though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGoofyGuy View Post
    We're thinking about making a day trip to DD mid week. For those of you who are locals, are Tues/Wed/Thurs the best days to be able to park fairly quick and avoid crowds?
    I agree with currence. There is only so much space as well in DTD between shops, restaurants and walkways when you take out the Esplanade from things. When people are already waiting to get in places as it is and will probably have to for BVS it could lead to more jams in spots in DTD and especially if they set it up with the mobile list. Will they walk around DTD or hang out in the Esplanade until they might get their turn in BVS area? Shall see if they do let more in and how it ends up when the time comes though. I will say that I am one of those that enjoyed doing a little Christmas shopping in the parks every year. This is is the first in a long time that it won't be happening though.
    When I go its usually a weekday after 11 but before 4pm. i think once you get into late afternoon the crowd grows. and with continuouse merch release at WOD and slow lines at Marceline's it just makes it all the more crowded.

There have been reports (today's MP for one) that said no additional parking was announced yet - even for the opening of BVS. I wonder if this is intentional as they dont want to increase the parking size - they'll just let more people in who are waiting in line outside (so instead of 2 hours of wait outside temp screening you'll be out there for 1 hour). Since BVS is being considered an extension of DtD it falls under the controls of the shopping district. I heard from one report that you won't enter BVS from the front gate, you will enter from the large swing gate between Soarin and the eastern edge of GCH (or La Brea Bakery, whichever you think of). This way you're not really entering the theme park - you're coming in through a temp entrance.

I always wondered if they would open the employee lot to the public that is across from GardenWalk (cant remember the name). this would balance out demand and create better flow. of in and out. they already have people at that gate so its not like they are creating a new checkpoint.

My one big question - when will they pull the trigger on paid parking? this would definitely put the kibosh on causal visitors who may buy one cupcake or drink (or hang out at BVS for half a day). I wouldnt necessarily like it but it would be a crowd control tactic.

I have been saying this for over a month!

https://www.mouseplanet.com/12793/Ca...latest_remarks

"If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

Blog Entries

That organization is a business lobbying group. Nothing more. Of course they're going to stand by Disneyland and other businesses to demand reopening. That's their job.

But guess what. Orange County case numbers are RISING not falling. All the hemming and hawing about "unfair" and "Newsom shouldn't have that power" is moot if we can't keep the numbers down. You should be going to everyone you see who's not wearing a mask in close quarters and demand it. If the numbers come down (for two weeks) then we move to Orange. Only then can maybe some of the arguments be more valid.

You do know, of course, that if the numbers keep going up we could go back to Purple - which means more restrictions and less capacity (or evening opening some stores). No one is getting special treatment here. The rules apply to the entire public - and all businesses.

Disneyland Paris just closed up because of cases going up. For here Anaheim has been and still is the 2nd highest in cases in the county. The schools there said they wouldn't be going back until next semester and even then that could change depending on how things look. Yet people demand Disneyland reopens. As well as we have 3 counties around us that people would come from to Disneyland/DCA and those counties are in the highest tier. Anaheim residents have said they are concerned with things getting worse if the parks were open as well because of those that would come from all over. If Disney needs to quit trying to make demands at Newsom and instead get the communities/county here to mask up, distance and follow guidelines. Yet good luck with that at this point. As I have said before I rather we wait for the cases to be lower here than just open up to have to see it close back up again because cases get out of hand again here. If people are so desperate to be in a Disney park then there is always Florida.

BTW, where is the theme parks proof they haven't had outbreaks? Are they tracking guests that go in and out? The ones that travel? Do they track their workers? Its already been said that in Florida they don't count the contract workers that are working in the parks but it falls under the company they work for. Yet I find that deceiving since it makes it sound like its not in their parks this way. I also don't believe that with many reports of guests walking around with masks pulled under noses or chins and walking around eating or allowed to eat in the lines and unmasked in lines for that or just because, and taking them off on rides is exactly showing that Disney can't operate safely. Many have said that cast members are not saying anything and that when they do the guest just removes it again once the cast member is gone. So where is the safety in all this day in and day out. Not just for other guests but the workers as well that have to deal with these people? I've also read that things aren't wiped down nearly as much as they made it sound like it would be either. As much as I love Disney, they are doing just as one can predict when it comes to rules/guidelines they put in place....it starts to get laxed over time and only some cast members will still push them while others just stop bothering. So what happened to the if you won't wear your mask you are going to be asked to leave? Have they done that at all with guests? Or is it just the ones that make a big show of it?

Open it on a voluntary basis.

No one working there or going there would be forced to be there. It would be your freedom of choice.

The virus is bad but not as deadly to most people.

"If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

Looks like the mayors off a handful of big cities in California sent Newsom a letter asking him to consider opening theme parks. The mayors of Anaheim, Los Angeles, San Diego, San Jose, Fresno, Bakersfield, Riverside and Santa Ana.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jrsharp21 View Post
    Looks like the mayors off a handful of big cities in California sent Newsom a letter asking him to consider opening theme parks. The mayors of Anaheim, Los Angeles, San Diego, San Jose, Fresno, Bakersfield, Riverside and Santa Ana.
    they may have to go the same route as the lawsuit against mail-in voting (though that result from the courts was late to make an impact on this election).

Quote Originally Posted by jrsharp21 View Post
    Yet they should really be getting their residents to follow guidelines so things can move forward instead of backwards. Anaheim and Santa Ana are the highest in cases here. They should worry more about that and less on theme parks (some of which those places don't have theme parks btw).