Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Thread: When will Disneyland Re-Open? - speculation incouraged

I can see why Buzz is closed over Toy story. Buzz they would have to stop the belt to be able to wipe down the blasters, where the toy story cars being stopped don't affect the ride as much. And the queue is mostly outside.

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    one more thing about value - hours will be 9-7 until may 14th, then 9-9 so those 2 extra hours will give you nightime Disneyland or DCA.

https://www.mouseplanet.com/12907/He...ns_on_April_30

In thinking about it TSMM is indoors but you are limited to close contact with others while on the ride. BLAB is a traditional omnimover so it is slow and keeps people somewhat closer together - sometime facing each other (partially). Or - it could be Disney saying "we need a percentage of rides to be open - pick and choose in each park). The rest of the list I kind of expected (well, except for TSI).

The total amount of closures does baffle me as well - for food things like Hungry Bear which is all outdoors anyway, Rancho and Refreshment Corner as well. How do you keep Cafe orleans but not Rancho. ah, yes, becuase Cafe orleans, and Riverbelle, are all on dining reservations. So they can control capacity that way more than cast members stopping you at the door. Things like Eidelweis snacks, Royal Street Veranda, Harbour Galley, and some others are all outside already. I guess they've gone the "limited capacity means I want to limit my operations as well" route. I guess during these times choice for guests is in limited supply. It could be also type of food offered (seafood, salads, soups) in somewhat open air areas.

All pretzel and turkey leg carts are closed?

In shopping - all of critter country stores are closed? so odd. If Disney Home Store in DTD can be open with 4 customers max, then briar patch with 2 or 3 should be easy. And Resistance Supply is all carts - all outdoors? Mad Hatter is wide open with those big doors. I see Showcase is still open so if you really wanted an embroidered hat you could get it. Again - it sure seems "only open the minimal amount to give people something" is going on.

This does feel a lot like bare minimum to give people access to the park and many attractions while they are there - but I'm hoping they play it by ear and open some other food options. Not that I would go so many times in a month (since no passes) but I've always felt have a broad enough set of services for guests is important - even if it is covid time.
    Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    I can see why Buzz is closed over Toy story. Buzz they would have to stop the belt to be able to wipe down the blasters, where the toy story cars being stopped don't affect the ride as much. And the queue is mostly outside.
    With Buzz, why though if Haunted Mansion is open? Buzz is not a long ride compared to HM and both are omnimover. HM you are close to people and in the elevator with others. How is that even going to work at this point? You aren't that far from the people on HM either in the ride. Its slow and at times stops for a while when loading those that are in wheelchairs. So its just odd how they are looking at it since TSMM and Buzz both have the same kind of ride in that its using something to interact in the ride with and TSMM will have to be cleaned a lot because of it. I don't think indoor lines vs outdoor is part of it when we look at other rides that are being allowed to open and with some how long you are indoors on that ride.

The shops, I was thinking the same. You can't just let a few in at a time? Between the shops and food options that won't be open it really does feel its following the WDW way of. Its been one of the BIGGEST complaints I've seen for months now too.

With the time for the parks, you are right. Does one go right away with the 9-7 just because they NEED/HAVE to be there at opening or for their "fix". Or do you wait til those extra 2 hours kick and get a little more for your money?

I am glad to see that they will be allowing park hopping right at opening. It made sense to set the time on it like WDW as well otherwise you might have those that go to DCA scan in then across to DL right away. Yet what I've wondered about and if its also part of the problems with crowding in the late afternoon in WDW, is that even if the park is at capacity with reservations there hasn't been any stopping of park hopping. So I've wondered (and seen it discussed a few times) how it all ends up. Do they just add the park hoppers into the parks without a care to over reservation capacity? The reservation there holds your spot in that park even if you don't return so if its similar will DL get a little more crowded as 1pm hits and the hoppers go over? Or will it be different in they will limit by who comes and goes?
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

The 1 PM hop time states that hopping is subject to capacity, so I could see it like any other time you exit one park to try to enter the other and it is at capacity, ie a line forms to enter when others have left.

As for Buzz vs HM. I think it's a cleaning thing, in HM I rarely even touch the doom buggy while riding. Buzz you are touching the blasters and the joystick.

The 1 PM hop time states that hopping is subject to capacity, so I could see it like any other time you exit one park to try to enter the other and it is at capacity, ie a line forms to enter when others have left.

As for Buzz vs HM. I think it's a cleaning thing, in HM I rarely even touch the doom buggy while riding. Buzz you are touching the blasters and the joystick.
    Right but you also are touching in TSMM. I did see someone on another site say that it was listed that Buzz, Jungle Cruise and Matterhorn were on the refurb list so it could be that is the case. Jungle Cruise I can see because of the updating they decided to do. It just seems odd to leave off one ride that has a lot of touching while another with the same amount of touching runs. I know a few people on that other site wondered if issues popped up when they were bringing them back up. Which could be. Who knows.

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries
    one more thing about value - hours will be 9-7 until may 14th, then 9-9 so those 2 extra hours will give you nightime Disneyland or DCA.

https://www.mouseplanet.com/12907/He...ns_on_April_30

In thinking about it TSMM is indoors but you are limited to close contact with others while on the ride. BLAB is a traditional omnimover so it is slow and keeps people somewhat closer together - sometime facing each other (partially). Or - it could be Disney saying "we need a percentage of rides to be open - pick and choose in each park). The rest of the list I kind of expected (well, except for TSI).

The total amount of closures does baffle me as well - for food things like Hungry Bear which is all outdoors anyway, Rancho and Refreshment Corner as well. How do you keep Cafe orleans but not Rancho. ah, yes, becuase Cafe orleans, and Riverbelle, are all on dining reservations. So they can control capacity that way more than cast members stopping you at the door. Things like Eidelweis snacks, Royal Street Veranda, Harbour Galley, and some others are all outside already. I guess they've gone the "limited capacity means I want to limit my operations as well" route. I guess during these times choice for guests is in limited supply. It could be also type of food offered (seafood, salads, soups) in somewhat open air areas.

All pretzel and turkey leg carts are closed?

In shopping - all of critter country stores are closed? so odd. If Disney Home Store in DTD can be open with 4 customers max, then briar patch with 2 or 3 should be easy. And Resistance Supply is all carts - all outdoors? Mad Hatter is wide open with those big doors. I see Showcase is still open so if you really wanted an embroidered hat you could get it. Again - it sure seems "only open the minimal amount to give people something" is going on.

This does feel a lot like bare minimum to give people access to the park and many attractions while they are there - but I'm hoping they play it by ear and open some other food options. Not that I would go so many times in a month (since no passes) but I've always felt have a broad enough set of services for guests is important - even if it is covid time.
    Our guess, after discussing almost nothing else yesterday, is labor costs. They will probably be operating at a loss at 25% capacity, or maybe breaking even. The more CMs they bring back, the higher their labor costs initially. Same goes for the ODV carts, the cost of the food plus labor. The amount of food they anticipate selling don't justify having them open, and having 1 turkey leg cart open would cause a huge queue, so none will be open.

After reading candles' response about Buzz, I totally get that and agree.
    Karin

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

the uknown here is if you pay for a park hopper - and you end up waiting for 2 hours (or more) to get in to Dland (from DCA) because capacity issues - did you waste your money? I realize the general rules are the same as always - but with limited capacity those ceilings more probable.

for me - i would probably buy a hopper only from DCA to Dland and then go early and wait in line at Dland. I cant ride many of the rides at DCA (coasters, Guardians, etc) so I might be done sooner given some of the closures. All a bunch of unknowns right now.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

the uknown here is if you pay for a park hopper - and you end up waiting for 2 hours (or more) to get in to Dland (from DCA) because capacity issues - did you waste your money? I realize the general rules are the same as always - but with limited capacity those ceilings more probable.

for me - i would probably buy a hopper only from DCA to Dland and then go early and wait in line at Dland. I cant ride many of the rides at DCA (coasters, Guardians, etc) so I might be done sooner given some of the closures. All a bunch of unknowns right now.
    This is what I think many will figure they can do. They will buy park hoppers do DCA in the first half of the day then hop over to DL. Especially if DL reservations were sold out for any day they are going. Its why I wonder how this will end up. I saw it suggested that maybe DL opens at the lower capacity so in turn the park hopping would still fall under the capacity percent allowed. Its possible that happens so there is less change of them having to keep guests waiting for hours at a time to hop over. They could just open at capacity allowed and make those wait no matter what...or just let people hop with no care to if its over capacity or not. Like you said lots of unknowns still.

Another question was if you all of a sudden can't go the day you are suppose to will it be easy to change your reservation day to another day that has openings or are you stuck with whatever you pick?

They already sell some of the ODV food at quick service locations. I've gotten Mickey bars at Tomorrowland Terrace before and Coke Corner has pretzels. If they are going to enforce being stationary while eating, it makes sense not to sell popcorn or really anything from the carts. An added bonus is if the carts aren't there, the walkways allow for more distancing. If there are any ODV items that have a high profit margin I'm sure they will be added to other menus.

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherJenny View Post
    They already sell some of the ODV food at quick service locations. I've gotten Mickey bars at Tomorrowland Terrace before and Coke Corner has pretzels. If they are going to enforce being stationary while eating, it makes sense not to sell popcorn or really anything from the carts. An added bonus is if the carts aren't there, the walkways allow for more distancing. If there are any ODV items that have a high profit margin I'm sure they will be added to other menus.
    Popcorn carts are part of opening. We have bought pretzels at Coke Corner but they were the cream cheese filled ones. I know I thought it was funny that Bayside Brews is open during ATOD and its the only place we could find a regular Mickey pretzel but its closed when the parks open. Pizza places in both parks closed. I get why the Tiki Jucie Bar is closed though. That is always in the walkway crowding things. Yet with Tropical Hideaway open it gives that option for those that need it. Yet so many carts and food locations not open between both parks doesn't sound like a way to spread people out though. Some areas it seems like not much is open in those areas. Food carts have always been quick ways to get a water or soda. Its odd though no turkey leg or pretzel carts but churros and popcorn ok. Some of those carts for the 2 are in bad places if they want to keep a crowd out of an area so wonder how many of them will even be open then as well.

Thanks for the reminder that Tropical Hideaway has Dole Whip. I'd have been the next YouTube tantrum. I hadn't noticed Tiki juice bar was closed.

Thanks for the reminder that Tropical Hideaway has Dole Whip. I'd have been the next YouTube tantrum. I hadn't noticed Tiki juice bar was closed.
    LOL No problem. I am not a fan of pineapple so to me those things are just gross but I know how popular they are.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AnotherJenny View Post
    they've been selling popcorn at carts during BVS opening as well as ATOD. So Im sure they will do this when the parks open too.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Blog Entries

it will be interesting to see tomorrow how many days are assigned to each Type of ticket they sell. As a review there are 5 tiers - 104, 114, 124, 139, 154 for one day one park tickets. Park hoppers and multi day tickets of course are higher. I wonder if the majority of days will be Tier 3 - or will Disney up the ante and say the majority of days in a year would be tier 4 and then less popular days follow the cost model shown and then the most popular weeks would be the highest tier. It will be interesting to see.

It will be interesting for sure. I will never get why they need so many different prices like that. Its beyond stupid IMO but of course in this case it really does give them the option to up that cost if they see fit even with not everything open.

So the girls have tickets. The other 2 to 4 of us had our APs refunded. Do we make reservations for the girls on the 12th and then add us when we can get tickets? Would this help or will this make it more difficult?

Blog Entries
    So the girls have tickets. The other 2 to 4 of us had our APs refunded. Do we make reservations for the girls on the 12th and then add us when we can get tickets? Would this help or will this make it more difficult?
    in my assessment it wont help you to have existing reservations for your girls to ensure you can make more reservations on the 15th for the rest of the group. since they have not announced how easy, or hard, it would be to change reservations I would say its best to wait and get everyone reserved at the same time. If that's what's important (all going together). of course that may mean your visit would be much further out - but this was you all go together for sure.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    It will be interesting for sure. I will never get why they need so many different prices like that. Its beyond stupid IMO but of course in this case it really does give them the option to up that cost if they see fit even with not everything open.
    it also - possibly - allow them to change tiers on the fly. i.e. - if a day originally a tier 3 is getting quite popular maybe as the numbers go up the change it to a tier 4. They have not announced this change - but I can only imagine this is why they have these close together and a gradual increase.

We miss Disneyland and are hoping for maybe a fall or at least a Christmas trip this year. Our Disney Visa points are stacking up like cord wood. We probably won't be giving it a go at first considering all the restrictions and limitations. We did however secure a reservation at Universal for 1 day as part of their "Bonus Days" intro since we still have about 2.75 months left on an annual Gold pass we purchased through Costco way back when. Won't cost us to get in for the day and we'll just do a 1 day kamikaze run from Fresno.

There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGoofyGuy View Post
    We miss Disneyland and are hoping for maybe a fall or at least a Christmas trip this year. Our Disney Visa points are stacking up like cord wood. We probably won't be giving it a go at first considering all the restrictions and limitations. We did however secure a reservation at Universal for 1 day as part of their "Bonus Days" intro since we still have about 2.75 months left on an annual Gold pass we purchased through Costco way back when. Won't cost us to get in for the day and we'll just do a 1 day kamikaze run from Fresno.
    Don't blame you. I know I was thinking around my birthday next month but just not sure still. If not then it will be a wait for Christmas time and go then. Its great that Universal was doing that for their passholders. Hope you will enjoy the day.

BTW, I thought Disney was bad for the amount of different pricing...Universal has a couple more on them in different prices. LOL Just less than Disney's.

The way most theme parks do it is have one price year round and then run many promotions to bring the price down on various days. I went to one a few years ago that was like $5 off after 2pm on weekdays before Memorial Day but not the Friday before Easter $13 off for AP friends and family on week days and $7 off on weekends except Memorial Day or July 4th or $3 off with AAA every day. Disney just says this is what each day is worth and it you buy from us you pay full price.

Calendar with ticket costs and when you can use those tickets is up. So of course the top tier is good for all days and most expensive. Of course the lowest tier there is nothing given. I know Mouseplanet put up a good run down on it as well. So how many feel its worth the costs and with limited offerings in many areas?

Blog Entries
    Calendar with ticket costs and when you can use those tickets is up. So of course the top tier is good for all days and most expensive. Of course the lowest tier there is nothing given. I know Mouseplanet put up a good run down on it as well. So how many feel its worth the costs and with limited offerings in many areas?
    im a little surprised at the price selections - but only a little. The word was from many online commentators that prices would not really change or go up - but they essentially did because all days are most costly and then next prices are available for non-weekends, etc. Its only two months but its not "average" price offering - the mid tier is now similar to the SoCal Select pass blockouts. I must think that part of this was done to discourage a flood of guests trying to get tickets in the first few months of availability. I get that - but the only way the pricing stabilizes and maybe offers more mid-tier dates is if folks dont go. Some have said it would take a few months to stabilize. Frankly I think a lot longer - especially with new offerings and attractions.

EDIT - in thinking about this a bit more this structure probably sets up the membership program hinted at previously. Since multiple tiers apply on the same days its more like annual pass blockouts and not just tickets blockouts. No more do they define a day and then assign a ticket to that day. They define types of days then define determine which level of ticketing works.

So - for someone buying a multi-day ticket that covers some adjacent blockouts (sat sun but then mon-wed for a 5 day) - is it better for you to buy a 5 day ticket or a two day with tier 5 and 3 day with tier 3 or 2? hmmm thats a lot of math.
    Last edited by olegc; 04-09-2021 at 11:01 AM. Reason: membership

I'd probably go up to $114, maybe $124 for a single day. I frequently don't do half of what is available, so at that price, and considering this would likely be the only day in at least a year and a half I would get enough "value" out of it. If I'm paying full price I'd rather do one park and leave a little early than pay for a park hopper and split the time or stay later. The reasons I won't go any time soon aren't things Disney can control.

I'm thinking that once more of the summer time is released that it will be a lot of the higher cost tiers as well. I don't think its to discourage a thing because obviously there are many out there that will pay whatever Disney wants and no matter what the offerings are. I don't see the value in that highest price or even the 2 below it. More so after what we just experienced in ATOD. I had really been debating May but I can't even justify the $114 at this point.

On the other hand, if I could only take vacation over the summer, booked a hotel in a city and drove or flew there, even if it was just an hour flight or a 3 hour drive, and suddenly discovered that a theme park ticket costs $139 instead of the $114 I had planned, I think I would spend the $25 or $100 for a family of 4 to get in. Compared to the whole cost of the trip it's not that much. And many people probably have somewhere else in the budget they could cut back, even mid-trip.