Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: 2019, part 2

2019, part 2

January through mid August trips are contained in this thread. It's locked due to inactivity. Been a while since I posted I'll admit.
    September through December weren't nearly as active in the parks for us.

August 31

The boys were up at 6:30am and bound and determined to go, go, go. On a non-school day that's very uncharacteristic for them. I'm not one to frown on a Disney outing at any hour, though, for any reason. So off we went.

The boys are bottom left:

This illustrates how early we were there. They did RSR standby (probably nearly walked right on) and there weren't single riders to fill the empty seats:

By lunchtime they were outta gas and ready to head home. Just as well. We had to rest up for the night plans, namely:

When we returned in the evening, wife and daughter accompanied. Of our 40+ trips to the resort in 2019, this was our only viewing of WoC. It doesn't seemed to have changed all that much from when we last saw it four years earlier. To be honest, maybe it has. I don't remember it well enough to notice. My only hope was that the Pirates segment remained intact. I wasn't disappointed. The pyrotechnics are awesome in that part of the show.

Great show. 8yo was a really little whipper snapper the time before when we saw it in 2015.
    He and I ended up alone on Guardians that night.

Your attention, please. The Disneyland Limited now leaving for a grand circle tour of the Magic Kingdom. Aboaaard!

2. # ADS

September 14

These trips seem like a lifetime ago and I wouldn't remember a thing about some of them were it not for the pictures. I'm wearing my Sleep, Parkhop, Repeat go-to tee, I noticed.

The timestamps indicate we were on Guardians at 5:53 and Space Mountain at 9:49 and Splash and Incredicoaster between.

Oh, and I found a pic of a receipt (not pictured) for a plate of carne asada nachos we split at Lamplight. We sure miss that. Daughter and I picked up Miguels, jr. tonight (which is great, don't get me wrong) but she was reminiscing on the drive home how much greater Lamplight Lounge is ... no argument here.

No idea what the M.O. is in those pictures ... I mean the fist on the chin/ deep in thought. It's definitely not an homage to The Thinker ... It could be the Jim Halpert occasional pose when Michael Scott says something mind bendingly perplexing. The Office is on more often than not here. Who knows.

I do know THIS: the purple lights at Halloween Time are rad. I hope they never change.

Last edited by MidwayManiac; 03-28-2020 at 10:51 PM.
    Your attention, please. The Disneyland Limited now leaving for a grand circle tour of the Magic Kingdom. Aboaaard!

September 27
    This trip was bittersweet. Seven weeks earlier on August 2, we were thrilled to be on hand to welcome back Main Street Electrical Parade for its first night back at DLR ...

Tonight was a sad goodbye, our last chance to see it as (four nights later) it made its last appearance at DLR. It ended its run on a Monday. As much as I'd wanted to be there that night, I knew Friday the 27th was our last best chance. So we made the trip with a single purpose in mind: view MSEP in all its glory.

We took our favorite viewing spot in front of Market House.

Who knows if MSEP will ever happen again in Anaheim. Never say never. But I treated tonight like I wouldn't see it again. I don't know how or why I got hooked on it. Seeing it in DCA in the early marriage/parenthood years is among my favorite memories. Kids in strollers in tow, and not just our kids but nephews and other family.

And while the images are bedazzling they don't begin to do the experience justice. The music is even more indelible. So memorable. So nostalgic. Iconic. In a vague way the soundtrack takes me back 30 years to middle and high school when I witnessed for the first time something remarkable, but I didn't realize how remarkable until many years later. Watching MSEP twice on a 4-day pass was the ultimate highlight of my Spring '14 trip to Orlando. It's a parade that's had staying power over decades, and resorts, and with Disney park fans new and old. If it's gone forever .... Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened. ~Dr Seuss

from earlier that night: