Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: My Disney Top 5 - Things to Love About Storybook Circus in the Magic Kingdom

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

My Disney Top 5 - Things to Love About Storybook Circus in the Magic Kingdom

My Disney Top 5 - Things to Love About Storybook Circus in the Magic Kingdom by Chris Barry

Chris takes a look at a corner of Fantasyland that he regrets never really exploring before.

Read it here!

2. # ADS

I agree about the great circus posters but where is Bongo? He's the most natural fit, but I don't think he's anywhere to be seen!

Bongo should definitely have more of a presence in Storybook Circus.

So yea, about the Barnstormer, why all the effort and expense for a one minute ride? Is that all little kids can handle? I have seen plenty of younger, smaller folks on Thunder Mountain RR and Mine Train and they handled it fine.
    We definitely skip this part of the park more than we go. The kids are long gone.

Quote Originally Posted by wdwchuck View Post
    So yea, about the Barnstormer, why all the effort and expense for a one minute ride? Is that all little kids can handle? I have seen plenty of younger, smaller folks on Thunder Mountain RR and Mine Train and they handled it fine.
    We definitely skip this part of the park more than we go. The kids are long gone.
    Because not all kids are the same?

Simple example: Around 5 years ago, I did a family trip with my sister's family. Her girls were 5 and 6 at the time. They both were fine on Barnstormer, and also Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (though one thought it was way too short! ). We didn't do either of the more serious coasters in MK (no Big Thunder or Space). When we went to Animal Kingdom, we took a chance on Everest. We made sure to explain it was more intense than the 2 they had been on, and both were up for it, and they were absolutely thrilled when they passed the height requirement ! My older niece was not a huge fan of Everest, and it shows in the ride photo. Her sister loved it (also shows in the ride photo). It wasn't to the point of tears or anything, but the older sister (in a very adult like manner for a six year old ) afterwards said something to the effect of "I won't say I NEVER want to go on that ride again, but I definitely don't want to do it again on this vacation".

So yeah, even though you see young kids on the bigger coasters, kids have different levels of what they are into. Heck, when I was a kid (about 10) at my first visit to DL, the only "big kid" coaster I did was Big Thunder because I liked trains. Space scared me since I knew it was totally dark, and I was not a fan of things I could not see. Matterhorn was also a skip that trip, but I did enjoy seeing what we could of it from the Skyway buckets that traveled through the middle at that time.

To get my post back on topic, nice write up Chris!

While I've seen the circus banners, I never really looked at them all closely enough to note that they were all themed to less popular characters.

The only time I've been on the 2 rides was that family trip with my nieces.

During a MVMCP I did a Seven Dwarfs photo similar to how you described the Halloween one. IIRC, the other character photo that was in that area when I did it was Scrooge McDuck, and he had a much longer line. (I forget exactly how long I waited for 7D, but it probably wasn't more than 1/2 hour or so.

The clown mural on the monkey car is a neat touch I was not aware of. I'll have to look for that next visit to see if I can see Ward in it. Thanks for the tip!
    -Dave