Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Bowers Museum - Inside the Walt Disney Archives 50th anniversary

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Bowers Museum - Inside the Walt Disney Archives 50th anniversary

I had a chance to attend D23's preview of the Archives exhibit at the Bowers museum. It was fantastic. There are many pieces you've seen - but also many you haven't. Along with each subset of the exhibit there is a staff blurb posted where the Archives team member explains a little about that subset. There actually is quite a bit to read. The exhibit covers studio history, theme parks (a great display of Haunted Mansion tombstones and the hitchhikers), movies, costumes, props, toys, and even from some related films and TV where you wouldn't think Disney played. Some fantastic art I had not seen before from films like Johnny Tremaine, Darby O'Gill, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, etc. They are also presented several topic discussions while the exhibit is at Bowers. A short drive from the Disneyland Resort.

https://www.bowers.org/index.php/upc...ving-the-magic

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

2. # ADS

Glad you enjoyed it! We can't wait to see it -- planning on two separate visits so that we can take our time looking at everything.

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    Glad you enjoyed it! We can't wait to see it -- planning on two separate visits so that we can take our time looking at everything.
    The schedule of special topics looks great!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Hoping to do this at some point. Have to wait for a bit since I fractured a toe. Figured we will have to try in May or June though. Glad you enjoyed it olegc. Look forward to when we can go.

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"