Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: "Secret" entrance to AK through RC?

"Secret" entrance to AK through RC?

I read somewhere that you could get into AK through the Rainforest Cafe, but looking at the map, I can't figure out how that's possible. Anyone who's been there know if this is bunk? Leaving for our first trip in 20 days and looking for any advantage in getting to FoP first thing!

Trips to DL: 2x 1978-1988, 90, 95, 98, 99, 00, 05 (2x), 10, 12, 15, 16, 17(2x), 18, 19(2x). Planned WDW March 2020.
    Me: 44, DH: 47, DD: 15, DS: 11

2. # ADS

I sort of doubt there would be a severe advantage, but I'll defer to anyone who has actually done what you suggest.

All the below is me just thinking through it based on locations.

It is true that the restaurant has access from both inside and outside the park. I have never actually dined there, so I'm not sure of how the layout is set up. Presumably there is a park access touch point just like the front admission booths for those wishing to exit to the park form the restaurant. How people who wish to do so would need to queue up for park access at rope drop, I have no idea.

That said, the path for the restaurant is off to the side of the path that leads from the front gates towards Pandora and the rest of the park. Even if you were to be first in line (compared to the person first in line at the main gate), I don't see the location as an advantage.

I believe (though I've only been to Animal Kingdom this early I think once or twice) that DAK does something similar to MK for rope drop (letting people scan in and walk up to a common area to assemble until the park is officially "open"). This point is far beyond the main gate or the side pathway for RC. I think it's somewhere just past the Oasis, in front of the TOL before you get to the point where the paths diverge to go towards Pandora, Africa or in the Dinoland and Asia direction.

The point being, it's really that queue/mass of people you need to be near the front of. So I doubt the restaurant would help you much since it's way back near the entrance and the main entry admission points.

Attached Images Attached Images
    -Dave

I also have never gone into AK via Rainforest Cafe but I agree with what Dave has said. Do they even serve that early in the morning?
    The last few times I’ve ridden FoP without a FP, I got to the park at rope drop and followed the crowd to FoP and maybe waited max an hour. If everything is running smoothly the line moves very fast in the morning and it is a very interesting queue. I was alone both times I did this but single rider isn’t open first thing so I was in the regular line, so if your party is large and people don’t keep up on the way to the ride you may be further back.
    Also if you go to this park on EMH that will help.

Waiting impatiently for next trip quackinup's Avatar

You might use the Dining Reservation Finder on Touring Plans to try to snag an 8am breakfast reservation at a restaurant in the park. Eat fast and head over to the ride.

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah!
    Next trip: Disney World May 1-9 2020

Quote Originally Posted by rph13 View Post
    The last few times I’ve ridden FoP without a FP, I got to the park at rope drop and followed the crowd to FoP and maybe waited max an hour. If everything is running smoothly the line moves very fast in the morning and it is a very interesting queue. I was alone both times I did this but single rider isn’t open first thing so I was in the regular line, so if your party is large and people don’t keep up on the way to the ride you may be further back.
    Also if you go to this park on EMH that will help.
    I'd agree with the standby time suggestion. I did this on a trip in December (less than 2 weeks before Christmas - a busy time), and it went very smoothly. Less than the time posted (probably opened with a 60 minute post time), we were probably entirely done and off the ride within an hour. (we were not necessarily right at the front of the line either, but we did arrive very close to rope drop time)
    -Dave

I have dined at RF Cafe before and they do have en entrance point out the backside of the restaurant. At least they did when we dined there. Don't know what the board rules are these days about posting links to other sites, but if you google "rainforest cafe entrance to animal kingdom" you will find pictures, articles, and YouTube videos on it.

Also, I noticed when we were there in January, there was a bag check stand that was off to the side of the restaurant that there was nobody coming through. So if bag check lines are long, may be worth checking that out.

Next WDW trip, May 14-18, 2021! Can't come soon enough.

Awesome, thanks everyone! I'll get to figure it out in November now... rescheduled!

Trips to DL: 2x 1978-1988, 90, 95, 98, 99, 00, 05 (2x), 10, 12, 15, 16, 17(2x), 18, 19(2x). Planned WDW March 2020.
    Me: 44, DH: 47, DD: 15, DS: 11