Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: DCA Food and Wine 2020

Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    Another board posted that HM comes off the refurb list on May 1st. So, if accurate, that would be nice.
    That would only be first if the parks open by that point but also if they are allowing maintenance workers to work. I thought they were not any construction at this point too so no reason those that would be refurbishing HM would be in there too. Its technically going to fall under the non-essential for working right now I would think. So I think no matter what is said by other boards, CMs, or those that put up stuff on social media that unless Disney says a word about it we are on a wait and see game here.
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    That would only be first if the parks open by that point but also if they are allowing maintenance workers to work. I thought they were not any construction at this point too so no reason those that would be refurbishing HM would be in there too. Its technically going to fall under the non-essential for working right now I would think. So I think no matter what is said by other boards, CMs, or those that put up stuff on social media that unless Disney says a word about it we are on a wait and see game here.
    They got the information from the DLR website, not social media. If you look on the DLR website calendar, HM is listed under refurbishments on April 30th, but not on May 1st. That's why people are wondering if the work will be finished by then.

They got the information from the DLR website, not social media. If you look on the DLR website calendar, HM is listed under refurbishments on April 30th, but not on May 1st. That's why people are wondering if the work will be finished by then.
    Some do but I know at times its from other ways and it ends up as hearsay and nothing more. I just don't think they were to concerned with changing the website, calendar and such in the moment. As well as like I said if workers were not even in there for Avengers, Mickey's ride and such then I don't see them being in the parks working on HM or Snow White. It would be great if it would be but with how its going to so far and so many still not listening about staying home...who knows what will go on. Like I said I think at this point its all a waiting game and things change from day to day with it all.
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

It seems like wishful thinking. I doubt stopping automated calendar updating based on previously entered dates is high on Disney's priority list right now.

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherJenny View Post
    It seems like wishful thinking. I doubt stopping automated calendar updating based on previously entered dates is high on Disney's priority list right now.
    Wishful thinking is understandable right now. But the other rides, e.g. Snow White and the Carrousel, are on the refurbishment list on April 30th and from May 1st onward. Only HM is listed on April 30th, but not from May 1st onward.

Wishful thinking is understandable right now. But the other rides, e.g. Snow White and the Carrousel, are on the refurbishment list on April 30th and from May 1st onward. Only HM is listed on April 30th, but not from May 1st onward.
    I understand that. But you are assuming that Disney either intentionally entered the date as May 1st some time after the park closed or Disney is still maintaining the calendar. My point was that May 1st was the date before the closure and Disney has not taken the time to stop or edit the automatic release of dates on their calendar.

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherJenny View Post
    I understand that. But you are assuming that Disney either intentionally entered the date as May 1st some time after the park closed or Disney is still maintaining the calendar. My point was that May 1st was the date before the closure and Disney has not taken the time to stop or edit the automatic release of dates on their calendar.
    My point was that people are only reporting what they are seeing on the DLR website, not what they are reading on social media, as a previous poster in this thread had suggested. My point was not that the May 1st date means anything "official" or that anyone should be making any assumptions or plans based on that date. It is there on the DLR website and that's a fact. Other than that, who knows.

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FYI - MP reported today that the September 2020 end for keeping the Food and Wine booths was an error in reporting. Apparently its not all the booths that will stay up. Its one piece of equipment. So no more F&W.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    FYI - MP reported today that the September 2020 end for keeping the Food and Wine booths was an error in reporting. Apparently its not all the booths that will stay up. Its one piece of equipment. So no more F&W.
    I wonder where they got that info from? The permit says something about all 12 booths being included.

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by indiejones View Post
    I wonder where they got that info from? The permit says something about all 12 booths being included.
    apparently the permit files was in error.
    https://www.mouseplanet.com/12613/Di...l_5_2020#news3
    I can only assume that MP Confirmed with Disney. Usually MP is very conservative when it comes to information from Disney. No CM speak unless noted.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney