Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Results 126 to 140 of 140

Thread: Today I Wish I Was...

  1. #126

    I'd be happy touring castles in Germany with Joey and friend Nick again. Great company, great beer, great food.

    Nick Andrews, DL misc74-76,85,91,12/11,1/13, WDW 78,83,85,1/92-8/92,95,99,04x8,5/11,2/12, 9/12,6/13,3/14,11/14,3/15,9/15,4/16,9/16,12/16,4/17,11/17,4/18,10/18,1/19,5/19,10/19, 2/20, 9/20, DLP 3/20
    Magic Kingdom Cast Member 1/92-8/92 (WDW CP) 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

  2. # ADS

    Join Date
    Location
    Posts
     

  3. #127

    Walking around WS with Spaceship Earth lit up for fireworks and lasers! Final Cider at R&C before walking back over to our Sept room at le Swan...

    Joey

  4. #128

    ...riding the original version of Test Track and VIP access to the old GM lounge for refreshments...or the Siemens lounge inside Spaceship Earth... As Lord Cornwallis said, you dream General...

    So looking forward to a visit back 'home'!

    Joey

  5. #129

    Having dinner at a water edge table at Spice Road or R&C, relaxing and watching the barges set up for massive fireworks!

    Joey

  6. #130

    ...boarding a transport ship from Battu on ROTR followed by a Bad Motivator or 2 at Ogas. Then being shrunk down to the size of a toy and riding a big Slinky Dog around a track a few times, breaking some plates and probably finally ride the Saucers since there's unlikely to be any wait. Head back towards Hollywood after a stop at M&Ms Runaway Mine Train to catch a really fast limo to the show with some backstage passes. Of course I'd really 'Wish' park hopping was back so we could go from there over to DAK for evening safari and dinner. Its going to be weird spending all day in 1 park. I can't remember the last time we did.

    Heck, even at DLP I think we went over to the second park each day even with few rides or much to do compared to the main park. Lots of attractions were closed for off season refurb and a lot of construction for major expansions. Will have to go back after the Avengers area and Galaxys Edge areas have opened...

    Joey

  7. #131

    Riding the monorail loop above EPCOT when all the crazy F&G flowers are bloom...thats a spectacular view you can't fully appreciate from the ground inside...

    Joey

  8. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by josephbandrews View Post
    ...boarding a transport ship from Battu on ROTR followed by a Bad Motivator or 2 at Ogas. Then being shrunk down to the size of a toy and riding a big Slinky Dog around a track a few times, breaking some plates and probably finally ride the Saucers since there's unlikely to be any wait. Head back towards Hollywood after a stop at M&Ms Runaway Mine Train to catch a really fast limo to the show with some backstage passes. Of course I'd really 'Wish' park hopping was back so we could go from there over to DAK for evening safari and dinner. Its going to be weird spending all day in 1 park. I can't remember the last time we did.

    Heck, even at DLP I think we went over to the second park each day even with few rides or much to do compared to the main park. Lots of attractions were closed for off season refurb and a lot of construction for major expansions. Will have to go back after the Avengers area and Galaxys Edge areas have opened...
    I know you just want to go back for the Arrendelle expansion...
    Nick Andrews, DL misc74-76,85,91,12/11,1/13, WDW 78,83,85,1/92-8/92,95,99,04x8,5/11,2/12, 9/12,6/13,3/14,11/14,3/15,9/15,4/16,9/16,12/16,4/17,11/17,4/18,10/18,1/19,5/19,10/19, 2/20, 9/20, DLP 3/20
    Magic Kingdom Cast Member 1/92-8/92 (WDW CP) 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

  9. #133

    Staying in a 2br Villa at Boulder Ridge with the whole fam...even those ungrateful turd neices sitting on the porch talking about our day before heading down to the dock to watch the Electric Water Pageant with a nightcap... Planning our attack on GE for the morning started with watercraft to MK dock, Monorail to EPCOT, Skyliner to Studios...obviously in this dream park hopping is back so we can skirt through EPCOT for that last bit...just tell em we have breakfast ressie at Beach Club...

    Joey

  10. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by josephbandrews View Post
    Staying in a 2br Villa at Boulder Ridge with the whole fam...even those ungrateful turd neices sitting on the porch talking about our day before heading down to the dock to watch the Electric Water Pageant with a nightcap... Planning our attack on GE for the morning started with watercraft to MK dock, Monorail to EPCOT, Skyliner to Studios...obviously in this dream park hopping is back so we can skirt through EPCOT for that last bit...just tell em we have breakfast ressie at Beach Club...
    Hmm. That's interesting. It never occurred to me that they would let people through Epcot early just to use the back door to get to a Crescent Lake Resort for an ADR. I guess it makes sense though since otherwise people using the buses would need to take 2 first thing just to get from the resort they are staying at to the one where they have an ADR.

    Got to admit though, as much as the modes of transportation would be cool, I'm not sure I'd want to try the sequence you laid out. I'm guessing that would have to take about 1 1/2 hours or so (maybe more with some lines? 2 hours?) from WL to Studios.

    Today I wish I was doing some tweaking to plans for my traditional fall trip in late September or early October. But I'm not quite ready yet the way the parks are now. Hoping the world starts to return to normal and I will be comfortable trying to do a trip next Spring.

    For a park-centric wish, I wish I was riding on Mission Space (Orange, of course ) and that Space 220 was open and I followed up with a meal there to check it out for the first time.
    -Dave

  11. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post
    Hmm. That's interesting. It never occurred to me that they would let people through Epcot early just to use the back door to get to a Crescent Lake Resort for an ADR. I guess it makes sense though since otherwise people using the buses would need to take 2 first thing just to get from the resort they are staying at to the one where they have an ADR.

    Got to admit though, as much as the modes of transportation would be cool, I'm not sure I'd want to try the sequence you laid out. I'm guessing that would have to take about 1 1/2 hours or so (maybe more with some lines? 2 hours?) from WL to Studios.

    Today I wish I was doing some tweaking to plans for my traditional fall trip in late September or early October. But I'm not quite ready yet the way the parks are now. Hoping the world starts to return to normal and I will be comfortable trying to do a trip next Spring.

    For a park-centric wish, I wish I was riding on Mission Space (Orange, of course ) and that Space 220 was open and I followed up with a meal there to check it out for the first time.
    thought of that as I typed it...but based on current crowds of 1% the leisurely transport would be relaxing... in normal practice wed be up at way too early and uber straight away...oh the joy of standing in a swarm for 2hrs for eemh only to not get a boarding pass...

    Really looking forward to the no stress trip even though I'm sure we'll have to take more breaks from masks, but with such as FoP hitting 5min waits...we can take all the rest breaks we need.
    Joey

  12. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by josephbandrews View Post
    thought of that as I typed it...but based on current crowds of 1% the leisurely transport would be relaxing... in normal practice wed be up at way too early and uber straight away...oh the joy of standing in a swarm for 2hrs for eemh only to not get a boarding pass...

    Really looking forward to the no stress trip even though I'm sure we'll have to take more breaks from masks, but with such as FoP hitting 5min waits...we can take all the rest breaks we need.
    Re: the boarding passes, I'm really starting to think that system needs to just go away. Even in this lower capacity mode (and with the staggered boarding group lottery, so not everyone visiting DHS that day is at the front gate trying to get one right at the open), it sounds like a lot of people still are getting shut out. Granted, part of that may be driven by a need to lower the ride queue capacity due to COVID social distancing efforts, but it still seems nuts. I guess it also would be helpful if the ride could break down less often.

    I know they would never do it since it takes away the Disney control aspect of the app reservation system, but I really feel like something non-app based and simpler would be more fair. This current way seems to have all the bad aspects of needing to arrange a FP+ without any of the benefits (the worst part being you don't know your status until you are actually there on the day of your visit). Quite simply cut the number of people allowed to enter the queue at some number. (no "fake queue" forming allowed either... move along.... ), and then just start allowing people to enter again once a certain number of ride cycles/riders have concluded and exited the ride area, limiting the total number in the queue the same as the original limit. If they want to post "queue open" or "queue closed" on the app, that might be OK, but I'd be a proponent of it going old school and people having to go the the ride to see if it's open. (OK, maybe that's too far, but I could use the exercise ). It's not like DHS is the size of DAK.

    I hope the trip you guys are about to do in a couple of weeks is enjoyable and safe!
    -Dave

  13. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post
    Re: the boarding passes, I'm really starting to think that system needs to just go away. Even in this lower capacity mode (and with the staggered boarding group lottery, so not everyone visiting DHS that day is at the front gate trying to get one right at the open), it sounds like a lot of people still are getting shut out. Granted, part of that may be driven by a need to lower the ride queue capacity due to COVID social distancing efforts, but it still seems nuts. I guess it also would be helpful if the ride could break down less often.

    I know they would never do it since it takes away the Disney control aspect of the app reservation system, but I really feel like something non-app based and simpler would be more fair. This current way seems to have all the bad aspects of needing to arrange a FP+ without any of the benefits (the worst part being you don't know your status until you are actually there on the day of your visit). Quite simply cut the number of people allowed to enter the queue at some number. (no "fake queue" forming allowed either... move along.... ), and then just start allowing people to enter again once a certain number of ride cycles/riders have concluded and exited the ride area, limiting the total number in the queue the same as the original limit. If they want to post "queue open" or "queue closed" on the app, that might be OK, but I'd be a proponent of it going old school and people having to go the the ride to see if it's open. (OK, maybe that's too far, but I could use the exercise ). It's not like DHS is the size of DAK.

    I hope the trip you guys are about to do in a couple of weeks is enjoyable and safe!
    Completely agree...and thats why we call it fast pas minus! For ROTR, the queue are is fairly cool and cooler that its weird even pre covid they didnt let enough people in to ever really stand in the line... instead several hours worth of boarding groups were grabbing what little shade they could find on a relatively hot day for February.

    Overall I so prefer the paper fastpass system. It was easy, fair, and if you had some you couldn't use you could hand off to some kids to enjoy...we even did that at DLP in March. I respect the folks who like to sleep in enjoy knowing they can still get to Space Mountan later that day, but sometimes you gotta make sacrifices for new attractions. I think to date we've only been able to get FoP FP- maybe twice...so the other 8 or so times we've riden it were standing in line before rope drop and following the proverbial heard to Pandora for the 45min wait vs 3hrs.

    Thanks Dave! While we lament the no hopping and shorter hours...plus no fireworks!, I think the overall low stress and no rushing around is going to make for very relaxing and enjoyable visit. A lot less concerned about stopping once an hour or so to remove the mask will be a big deal. Getting close!

    Happy Friday all!
    Joey

  14. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by josephbandrews View Post
    ..............................
    Overall I so prefer the paper fastpass system. It was easy, fair, and if you had some you couldn't use you could hand off to some kids to enjoy...we even did that at DLP in March. I respect the folks who like to sleep in enjoy knowing they can still get to Space Mountan later that day, but sometimes you gotta make sacrifices for new attractions. I think to date we've only been able to get FoP FP- maybe twice...so the other 8 or so times we've riden it were standing in line before rope drop and following the proverbial heard to Pandora for the 45min wait vs 3hrs...................
    I'm pretty sure paper isn't coming back in FL, ever. I agree though! When I last went to Disneyland in January 2018, I used the paper FP (they had just rolled out the first flavor of Maxpass, I think, as I had considered it, but didn't end up trying it - WiFi was not reliable on my iPod due to crowds). I was able to go on Mission Breakout (the newest ride at that time) I think 3 or maybe even 4 times spread across several days. That said, I do remember when Cars Land was new and the FP for Radiator Springs Racers was basically a "queue up and grab em" situation, and they were gone for the day by 10 AM or earlier. I probably never have been on RSR with a FP, but at least they've got single rider on that one.

    The other major peeve I have with the RotR boarding groups (though I need to admit this was obviously a random chance with the old paper system as well) is the possibility of conflicting with ADRs that may also be challenging to obtain. "Well, I finally got my Mama Melrose's ADR that I've been trying for 2 years to get, and wouldn't you know my Boarding Group is 15 minutes before my meal....". I forget what the window is on the boarding groups, so I guess that might not be the end of the world if it's a 2 hour window (at least now, with no park hopping). It could be tight if park hopping and you had planned to divert to Epcot or a Crescent Lake resort for an ADR in the middle of the day, though.

    Today I wish I was mini golfing at Fantasia Fairways (maybe Gardens too), then going for dinner at one of the many excellent World Showcase venues. Lets try something new to me, maybe Spice Road Table, San Angel Inn, or the new Regal Eagle Smokehouse.
    -Dave

  15. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post
    I'm pretty sure paper isn't coming back in FL, ever. I agree though! When I last went to Disneyland in January 2018, I used the paper FP (they had just rolled out the first flavor of Maxpass, I think, as I had considered it, but didn't end up trying it - WiFi was not reliable on my iPod due to crowds). I was able to go on Mission Breakout (the newest ride at that time) I think 3 or maybe even 4 times spread across several days. That said, I do remember when Cars Land was new and the FP for Radiator Springs Racers was basically a "queue up and grab em" situation, and they were gone for the day by 10 AM or earlier. I probably never have been on RSR with a FP, but at least they've got single rider on that one.

    The other major peeve I have with the RotR boarding groups (though I need to admit this was obviously a random chance with the old paper system as well) is the possibility of conflicting with ADRs that may also be challenging to obtain. "Well, I finally got my Mama Melrose's ADR that I've been trying for 2 years to get, and wouldn't you know my Boarding Group is 15 minutes before my meal....". I forget what the window is on the boarding groups, so I guess that might not be the end of the world if it's a 2 hour window (at least now, with no park hopping). It could be tight if park hopping and you had planned to divert to Epcot or a Crescent Lake resort for an ADR in the middle of the day, though.

    Today I wish I was mini golfing at Fantasia Fairways (maybe Gardens too), then going for dinner at one of the many excellent World Showcase venues. Lets try something new to me, maybe Spice Road Table, San Angel Inn, or the new Regal Eagle Smokehouse.
    It was a 2 hour window but had heard at least that some people were told 1 hour? The 2 times we got in it was 2hrs...even discussed so that people could make it back from another park.

    Today, wishing we were at DAK for evening Safari and some Flame Tree bbq...after a good run on Kali River where Nick gets the full wave experience and a quick air dry on EE.
    Joey

  16. #140

    Mustering through getting up stupid early and not hung over to go on the Magic Behind the Steam Trains tour in the am...in part wishing the trains were running... The Magic Kingdom doesn't seem quite itself without trains... A lot of folks have jumped in every time you invoke WWWD...but I'd like to think Walt would've said we divert the track during construction because the trains must go on...i mean, he did have a nice one in his backyard so...

    I can't count the number of times our first task walking in was doing the full circle tour. Even of we were just headed to Splash Mountain, full lap plus a stop...

    If the Powerball ever comes through, well be running train routes all around our 50000 acre ranch!

    Joey

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •