Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Today I Wish I Was...

Cool Today I Wish I Was...

Enjoying the libations and atmosphere in Oga's after 4 or 5 trips on the Falcon...Watching Kevin 'make' the green apple boba balls for those fruity drinks and trying to guess what vegetables were used in the various Batuu Bits. Such an awesome joint to unwind a bit middle of your day at Galaxys Edge!

Joey

2. # ADS

Sitting on my patio at SS drinking my coffee while over looking Disney Springs. Instead of sitting here drinking my coffee while looking at snow.

Riding the skyliner betwixt Epcot and Studios with a cold beverage smuggled on board... taking in the views... it's a shame they dont have external lighting. Disappointing nighttime rides. Oh, its gonna be 80s next week so I guess we cant ride them due to incongruous unfounded complaints about the heat and airflow...LOL

Joey

Watching the animals roam on the Savannah while sitting on my balcony at Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Resting and scanning crates around GE after early rides on ROTR and Smugglers.. perhaps with a ronto wrap and thermal detonator..

Joey

That last one I posted in Feb sounds just right...though I might add afternoon cocktails at Ogas Cantina. That place rocks!

Joey

Quote Originally Posted by josephbandrews View Post
    That last one I posted in Feb sounds just right...though I might add afternoon cocktails at Ogas Cantina. That place rocks!
    Yes it does! Great place to chat up other random Star Wars fans. And some of the drinks are just pretty darn cool (non-alcoholic ones too)

The bartenders interacting with the crowd was pretty cool the times I was in there too.
    -Dave

Walking the “secret” path between Space Mountain and Goofys Coaster. Before it was turned into the designated smoking section and everyone found it.

Today I wish I was doing my regular preparation procrastination but still counting down for my trip that was supposed to be starting approximately 2 weeks from now.

While I'm 100% sure it does not predict any actual opening idea, I did note that Disney is probably only auto-cancelling things either on a rolling several weeks out cycle, or through the middle of May. My single dining reservation (was for 5/12) that was officially auto-cancelled on Friday and I noted all FP+ through 5/16 have been eliminated, but they left my last day of FP+ on Sunday 5/17 at the moment.

-Dave

Sitting in Adventureland enjoying a Dole Whip Float getting ready to get on Pirates right after.

Waiting for my big brother Nick to stop taking pictures after IllumiNations has finished so we can trudge through the fight for a bus seat to get some shuteye before 6am showtine at Studios to try our luck at a ROTR boarding group...

A funny wish by most accounts, but that's my pessimism and how much I just wanna be on property for the good as well as the mundane..

We should have MP meetup groups like AA where we can talk through our problem...namely that we cant go 'home's right now.

Joey

Joey- mousepad is AA for us!
    We all come here to vent about not being able to go “home” because we know everyone on here understands that while we are taking the pandemic and all the health and economic fallout from it seriously we also are sad about our trips getting cancelled. No one on here judges us for that!

Today I’d like to be walking in the back gate of Epcot during the Festival of Art.

Today I wish I was wandering around Epcot enjoying the topiaries for F&G and sampling from all the food booths. Capped off with seeing Epcot Forever.

-Dave

Quote Originally Posted by rph13 View Post
    We all come here to vent about not being able to go “home” because we know everyone on here understands that while we are taking the pandemic and all the health and economic fallout from it seriously we also are sad about our trips getting cancelled. No one on here judges us for that!

Today I’d like to be walking in the back gate of Epcot during the Festival of Art.
    Lol I know it...always in good company here.

International Gateway sees so much more use now with the Skyliner, we used to only head in there if taking the boat or walk from DHS or when staying at Boardwalk or Beach Club.

Tonight I wish we were taking the Skyliner over after a long day at GE to grab some always great grub at Tokyo Dining and a few beverages around World Showcase... As an ex girlfriend called it, pajama jam warning music on the countdown to fireworks...
    Joey

We should have MP meetup groups like AA where we can talk through our problem...namely that we cant go 'home's right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by rph13 View Post
    We all come here to vent about not being able to go home because we know everyone on here understands that while we are taking the pandemic and all the health and economic fallout from it seriously we also are sad about our trips getting cancelled. No one on here judges us for that!

Today Id like to be walking in the back gate of Epcot during the Festival of Art.

Hello my name is Shawn and I am a Disney-aholic.

Today I am really sad and missing WDW, since it would have been our first day onsite. So in honor of this thread, I am going to post my ADR's and FP's for each of the next several days of our missed trip.

Today I wish we were arriving onsite, eating lunch at Chef Art Smith's Home Comin', and then spending the afternoon at Magic Kingdom. Our FP's are BTMRR, Peter Pan and Jungle Cruise. Once our room is ready, will will drive to Target to get some essentials, and then have an evening dinner at Beach Club, where I will consume a whole No Way Jose by myself, even though the wife will want to share....."no way jose!"

Quote Originally Posted by ssmerdel View Post
    Today I am really sad and missing WDW, since it would have been our first day onsite. So in honor of this thread, I am going to post my ADR's and FP's for each of the next several days of our missed trip..............
    I'm liking that idea! I'll join in to continue that concept in roughly 2 weeks (was supposed to arrive 5/12).

I only had one formal ADR planned before they stopped taking ressies, so I'll be improvising some of it, but I had a rough feel for which parks which days based on my FP+ selections.
    -Dave

Wondering around adventure land before they kick us out... climb the treehouse, jungle cruise (preferably on a boat that doesnt sink), pirates store.. we still wants the redhead!

Joey

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post
    I'm liking that idea! I'll join in to continue that concept in roughly 2 weeks (was supposed to arrive 5/12).

I only had one formal ADR planned before they stopped taking ressies, so I'll be improvising some of it, but I had a rough feel for which parks which days based on my FP+ selections.
    Thanks Dave!

Today I wish we were on our second day at Disney...

Start the morning with breakfast at Ale & Compass at Disney's Yacht Club. After breakfast, we head over to Epcot with FP's for Soarin', Living with the Land, and Spaceship Earth. Lunch would have been from some of the booths for the Flower and Garden Festival. After Exploring World Showcase, we would head on over to the Grand Floridian for an afternoon cup of tea at the Garden View Tea Room. Our dinner plans were eating counter service a little later in the evening at Disney Springs while doing some shopping. We had a early night planned, because we were looking forward to Friday night. Until then....

Meeting up with Shawn's family for tea @ GF followed by the monorail bar hop. First stop grabbing a beverage from the marina bar at the Poly and drooling over the bungalows I'll probably never be able to afford (unless the Powerball plan kicks in). It would be so badass to sit in the mini hot tub and watch the electric water pageant!

Joey

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post
    Ditto. My trip was supposed to start May 16th.

Meeting up with Shawn's family for tea @ GF followed by the monorail bar hop. First stop grabbing a beverage from the marina bar at the Poly and drooling over the bungalows I'll probably never be able to afford (unless the Powerball plan kicks in). It would be so badass to sit in the mini hot tub and watch the electric water pageant!
    Tea it is!

Today I wish we were on our third day at Disney...

Sleeping in and having breakfast at The Mara. Heading back over to Epcot for lunch at The Flower and Garden Festival, and using our FP's for the day on Frozen Ever After, Living with the Land, and Spaceship Earth. Then, park hop on over to Magic Kingdom for the night. Pecos Bill's for dinner and to top off the evening, Villain's After Hours Party. Plenty of rides, snacks and meet and greets.

Today I wish we were on our fourth day at Disney...

Waking up late from the Villains Party last night. Light breakfast at The Mara and then head off to Disney Springs for more shopping. Lunch is at Terralina at Disney Springs. After Lunch we are heading to MK for the afternoon and evening. FP's include Seven Dwarf's Mine Train, Pirates, and Buzz Lightyear. On our last trip I got Galactic Hero, so I am going to "shoot" for it again. We will watch Happily Ever After and attend the Dessert Party after the fireworks.

Riding the Skyliner back from DHS to EPCOT after a long day at Galaxys Edge...its still remarkable how much you can completely forget you're at Hollywood Studios at all till you walk through into TSL or back into the last relics of Streets of America. To completely forget about the original parts I guess is evidence they wanted DHS to no longer be thought of as a half day park. Dont get me wrong RnRC is still one of my favorite rides anywhere...its just funny you can fully forget it lies beyond that boundary near ROTR...

PS just wish you could see more from the Skyliner at night. It was a little disappointing you cant dim the interior lights and have outer lighting to see along the journey. We love riding the Skyliner though...many many journeys since it opened.

Joey

Today I wish I was roaming the F&G festival topiaries and food booths, and wish I caught one of the Garden Rocks concerts (looks like Don McLean was supposed to be 5/1-5/2).

(I know, I'm showing a repetitive theme here, but while writing up some of my "I Wish I Was That Wasn't" entries for 1 1/2 weeks from now, I noted the scheduled performer. I'm guessing that would have been a fun show...)

-Dave

Riding the Skyliner back from DHS to EPCOT after a long day at Galaxys Edge...its still remarkable how much you can completely forget you're at Hollywood Studios at all till you walk through into TSL or back into the last relics of Streets of America. To completely forget about the original parts I guess is evidence they wanted DHS to no longer be thought of as a half day park. Dont get me wrong RnRC is still one of my favorite rides anywhere...its just funny you can fully forget it lies beyond that boundary near ROTR...

PS just wish you could see more from the Skyliner at night. It was a little disappointing you cant dim the interior lights and have outer lighting to see along the journey. We love riding the Skyliner though...many many journeys since it opened.
    This was something we were hoping to do on this trip, ride the Skyliner. It opened right after our last trip back in September, so we did not get to ride it.

Today I wish we were on our fifth day at Disney...

On this special day (Wife's actual Birthday) we would wake up early and head to DHS to get ROTR Boarding Passes for later in the day. After securing our Boarding Passes, we head out and The Contemporary Resort for our Brunch reservation at The California Grill. After brunch, its back to the resort for some rest, unless it is time for our ROTR Boarding Passes. Our FP's for the evening are for Alien Saucer, Toy Story Mania, and Slinky Dog Dash. If the standby wait or single rider for Smuggler's Run was short, we would hop on for a quick ride. Finally, I would build my BB Droid at the Droid Depot. I was really looking forward to this day!