Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Today I Wish I Was...

Had breckie at GF when I spent the night with folks 1 year. It was empty in the morning and surprisingly affordable considering. I think we mad out at or under 20-25ea for generic bacon and eggs with coffee and OJ. Cost you double that in Vegas even before the quarantine. Nice quiet table and view for sure!

Alt Birthday idea we did for Nick's staying at BLT for his... Stoggies and Jameson rocks at the top of the world bar. Awesome view and experience relaxing up there...

Joey

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by josephbandrews View Post
    Had breckie at GF when I spent the night with folks 1 year. It was empty in the morning and surprisingly affordable considering. I think we mad out at or under 20-25ea for generic bacon and eggs with coffee and OJ. Cost you double that in Vegas even before the quarantine. Nice quiet table and view for sure!

Alt Birthday idea we did for Nick's staying at BLT for his... Stoggies and Jameson rocks at the top of the world bar. Awesome view and experience relaxing up there...
    Last March (2019) when I took my son for a father/son trip celebrating his college graduation, we had drinks at Top of the World Lounge while watching Happily Ever After. That was awesome!

Today I wish I was...

Getting ready to head out to Epcot for some Test Track, Soarin, and Living with the Land before eating for the first time at Regal Eagle Smoke House. Cannot wait to try this place.
    Past Trips: 2006-POR; 2008-POP; 2009-CBR; 2010-VB/AKV Kidani; 2010-BLT; 2011-BWV; 2011-AKV Kidani; 2013-BCV/BLT; 2014-AKL Jambo (Concierge); 2015-SSR/OKW; 2016 BCV/AKV Kidani; 2018 BWV; 2019 Mar-BLT/Sept-AKV Jambo

Today I wish I had a table with a good view of the water at one of the lagoon-side restaurants at Epcot timed so I can see Epcot Forever while enjoying dinner.

Not fussy about which restaurant.

-Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post
    Today I wish I had a table with a good view of the water at one of the lagoon-side restaurants at Epcot timed so I can see Epcot Forever while enjoying dinner.

Not fussy about which restaurant.
    Tokyo Dining! Nice elevated vantage point. Or Spice Road right on the deck.
    Joey

Tokyo Dining! Nice elevated vantage point. Or Spice Road right on the deck.
    I think I watched Illuminations from the outdoor stairway/walkway right outside Tokyo Dining once. The elevation was a nice different view.

I was probably thinking trying Spice Road, never been there yet. Did R&C once during Illuminations, that was sweet! I tried at La Hacienda de San Angel once, but I didn't plan the timing properly to ask for a good seat, so I got to see a wall during the show.
    -Dave

Walking around the glow and magic of GE after dark, head out and make our way to Jock Lindsey's for wings and a brew, boat to POFQ for a short relax in the hot tub before bed...

Joey

Riding the Astro Orbiter high above Tomorrowland.

-Dave

Riding the Astro Orbiter high above Tomorrowland.
    Before or after one of them ham n cheese filled treats below...and a high speed thrill on the people mover?

Today feels like DAK all day. Early line for FOP, breakfast snack at Pizzafari or similar, disney pickle from the market in Harambe before a KS excursion. Riding the Rapids before another Wild Africa Trek with chicken curry at the outpost. A Yeti expedition or 3, train to Rifikis, loop through Dinosauriana Jones capped off with dinner at Yak n Yeti with all the appetizers! Though I'll leave the shrimp to Nick...no sea monsters for me thanks.

Leisurely exit through Pandora to appreciate all the fiber optic lighting effects n such.

Happy Friday friends and dont forget to take a moment to reflect on my fallen comrades Monday. From the earliest days in our revolution to modern times fighting oppressive terrorists, a lot of men and women have fallen to enrich and protect our precious freedoms.
    Joey

Before or after one of them ham n cheese filled treats below...and a high speed thrill on the people mover?
    I need to buy a vowel on the ham and cheese filled treat? I looked at the Lunching Pad menu, but didn't see anything like that. But, yes, people mover is a go also!

Happy Friday friends and dont forget to take a moment to reflect on my fallen comrades Monday. From the earliest days in our revolution to modern times fighting oppressive terrorists, a lot of men and women have fallen to enrich and protect our precious freedoms.
    A good reminder, thank you!

Today I wish I was wandering the paths at the Tree of Life, starting with the Lemurs and making my way as far up towards the tree as the path goes (pretty sure they've finally re-opened most or all of it after that incident several years ago). Make my way around the other areas as well, down near the It's Tough to Be a Bug theater. Some of the carvings down there are pretty awesome. Follow up with a counter service meal, maybe a quick burger and sundae at Restaurantosaurus, never tried that before.
    -Dave

Being that today we honor those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for our country, today I wish I was on Main Street USA watching the flag retreat.

Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday.

I need to buy a vowel on the ham and cheese filled treat? I looked at the Lunching Pad menu, but didn't see anything like that. But, yes, people mover is a go also!

A good reminder, thank you!

Today I wish I was wandering the paths at the Tree of Life, starting with the Lemurs and making my way as far up towards the tree as the path goes (pretty sure they've finally re-opened most or all of it after that incident several years ago). Make my way around the other areas as well, down near the It's Tough to Be a Bug theater. Some of the carvings down there are pretty awesome. Follow up with a counter service meal, maybe a quick burger and sundae at Restaurantosaurus, never tried that before.
    It was like a mix between pretzel bun and hot pocket...maybe seasonal? Had that around breakfast time a few mornings holding off on the late hotdog not to spoil lunch. Maybe it's one of those that comes and goes like the mac n cheese dogs at DHS.
    Joey

Quote Originally Posted by daisyd0 View Post
    Being that today we honor those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for our country, today I wish I was on Main Street USA watching the flag retreat.

Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday.
    Nice one! I know a few on here have been lucky enough to be honored in the retreat. It would be great just to watch that again. Also still missing the train ride from mainstreet, being it was closed last couple trips.
    Joey

Today I wish I was playing mini-golf at Fantasia Gardens/Fairways (depending on if there is a wait time, maybe do both, but at least the Fairways), followed by a leisurely stroll and/or partial boat ride back to the Studios for a drink or 2 at Oga's Cantina.

-Dave

Today I wish I was playing mini-golf at Fantasia Gardens/Fairways (depending on if there is a wait time, maybe do both, but at least the Fairways), followed by a leisurely stroll and/or partial boat ride back to the Studios for a drink or 2 at Oga's Cantina.
    Dont forget the Batuu Bits!
    Joey

Watching IlluniNations near one of the torches on the UK side with an icy cold Strongbow... cant wait to see the new show! Glad to see they were upgrading pyro launch systems instead of going full on eco hippie with just lasers and steam... Sorry to the carbon fear mongers, but a nighttime spectacular needs explosions.

Joey

Eating some roasted corn on the cob in front of Haunted Mansion (if they bring back, seems to have been seasonal), before a chance to become the 1000th ghost, then over to Splash Mountain for some quality whistling along with the tunes and a solid splashdown. Follow that up with some air drying on BTMRR! Perhaps a rest after at the shootin gallery...

Joey

Today I wish I was:

After some mid-day DHS fun, riding the Skyliner to Caribbean Beach for my first dinner at Topolino's, since I missed that a few weeks ago. If time permits, take a round trip ride from the "T" transfer station out to the AoA/Pop station at Hourglass Lake first, haven't taken that leg of the Skyliner yet. Dinner at Topolino's, with possible moving on to EPC afterwards to wander around WS and see Epcot Forever if time permits.

-Dave