Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Club runDisney

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Club runDisney

So they posted a new runDisney club that people can join. I honestly don't see the value of it. And even though it wouldn't affect me since I was normally in the last corral, I don't like the idea of being able to buy a corral upgrade.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

2. # ADS

I just saw it and was looking at it like what is the point besides making more money. I was in the last corral each time as well and didn't care. I wouldn't have wanted to be in a place I didn't belong during those races. My son was already up in the first one so its not like it would have mattered either way for us. Like everything though they will have those that will buy into each of those different membership levels no matter what. Yet it isn't worth it IMO for what is offered. I'm sure tossing the Fall virtual run just for that is one way for them to lure in many as well.

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So if u e desperate for an early corral you can pay $800. Wow. Two trips to Orlando on that. Seems like they cut their revenue stream from West coast, and attendance is down, but don't want to lower prices, so find ways to extract additional revenue from those with means and make things exclusive.

I have read in some run groups that the word is Disney will reduce the total number of bibs to create sell out situations... Except, of course, if u have a membership.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    I have read in some run groups that the word is Disney will reduce the total number of bibs to create sell out situations... Except, of course, if u have a membership.
    Is that based on any actual information or are they just making things up?

They already have/had sell-out situations. ALL of the races, including both challenges, at the Walt Disney World races this weekend are sold out.

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    Is that based on any actual information or are they just making things up?

They already have/had sell-out situations. ALL of the races, including both challenges, at the Walt Disney World races this weekend are sold out.
    IMO it's more of folks who speak to insiders at rD and at partners but it's not any official announcement from rD (and I don't think they ever would announce it on their own).

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    IMO it's more of folks who speak to insiders at rD and at partners but it's not any official announcement from rD (and I don't think they ever would announce it on their own).
    Yep, pretty much what I thought - they're making up stuff based on tidbits that they've heard.

Didn't they test something like this at one of the last Disneyland race weekends. I think you could pay a fee to pick up your bib in a lounge near the expo and get early access to the runDisney store.

If it's an annual fee will there be a jacket every year? I wonder if they will change the premium item or if there will eventually be a choice of gear or something. I could see the appeal of the silver level if someone is traveling in just for a race and planning on doing a Disney World race as a one and done. Might as well spend a little more to make it easier. I can't imagine that at this point there is a strong demand for a premium product with an annual fee when they've been hosting races for so long that their repeat racers who participate multiple times per year haven't already figured out a system.