Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Rise of the Resistance

Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    It starts at park opening just as Fastpasses do. So there is no advantage to being in the parks during those mornings really.
    The only advantage to having a MM is not having to worry whether you'll make it through the gates in time for park opening! Cutting it close can get really stressful!

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by gtree10 View Post
    You'll be fine, we had 12.
    Thank you!

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    The only advantage to having a MM is not having to worry whether you'll make it through the gates in time for park opening! Cutting it close can get really stressful!
    this is accurate. Particularly if the gates are no opened until 745 and you go there around 7am. you still might be well back and not get scanned prior to park opening. (8am). also - when a MM occurs there are that many more people vying for Boarding groups - so you more seconds shaved off of your access.

I've taken to parking elsewhere very early, walking through security at 6, line up outside the gates, and then when I get scanned find a less crowded space to do the BG dance at 8. i then go back and move my car to Disney parking (unless I happen to get a very early BG which has not happened).
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Things must be getting better - we were there yesterday and although we had BG29, and were called at 9:15am, I kept an eye on the status all day. At 1:30 I saw BG82 (the first backup group that day) had already been called, and at 9:15pm I checked and BG197 had been called. I didnt realize they even gave out that many!

By the way, we had a family of 8 and thats the perfect number for this ride since the vehicles hold 8!

Blog Entries

Interesting that today I saw several posts where people had serious connectivity issues with the app. It either locks up or has trouble connecting to the servers. I didn't experience it but with many noting the issue I wonder if today was just an unlucky day. I know WDW had something similar Saturday morning.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by emgm View Post
    Things must be getting better - we were there yesterday and although we had BG29, and were called at 9:15am, I kept an eye on the status all day. At 1:30 I saw BG82 (the first backup group that day) had already been called, and at 9:15pm I checked and BG197 had been called. I didn’t realize they even gave out that many!

By the way, we had a family of 8 and that’s the perfect number for this ride since the vehicles hold 8!
    From what I saw online, they started boarding around 8:45 with boarding group 20(ish), so it's not surprising that you were called so soon. That's the interesting part of the Boarding Groups that I don't see people discussing all that often. It's quite common for them to start with a Boarding Group other than #1. It seems anytime when the ride isn't 100% ready to open at 8:00 (which is often) they just start with a higher number boarding group. I am assuming that this is because if a person has Boarding Group #1, they are likely to go straight to the ride. But if the ride isn't ready yet, they are going to hover/be disappointed. But if they have Boarding Group #10 or 20, even if that's the first number of the day, they are more likely to go on other rides while they wait.

We had a similar experience at WDW, we were group #18, if I recall. And I was getting nervous because we had a limited time in the park and the ride still wasn't open when we were going on the last ride that we wanted to before we had hoped to park-hop. And because the ride wasn't open, we assumed that we would have to wait for (1) the ride to open and (2) them to get to our boarding group. So I was quite surprised when we got off that ride and discovered that our # had just been called. It made more sense when we realized that they started with group 14ish that day, because they knew they were likely to have a late start.

It is interesting how Disney can manipulate the boarding groups as they see fit. I don't know if they have a psychologist on staff helping, but I would love to see the experiment results (do we have fewer, larger boarding groups so we are calling less #s, but people have lower numbers; or more, smaller boarding groups so that people are impressed when we board 197 groups in a day. Does the numbering matter if it is a "regular" vs "backup" boarding group).

My crew was there yesterday, and after having trouble with my husband's phone and the app we received BG #105. It was doing SO WELL till about 2pm, and with the way things were moving along we were expecting to hop on around 2:30pm. Then it got stuck at 90 till about 6pm. We were worried they were gonna call it a day, and my kiddos were especially concerned since it was my husbands first time and they REALLY wanted him to experience it. Anyway, we were called back around 6:30, but the line was moving slowly and stopping for quite a bit throughout the queue so didn't ride till 8:15ish. I watched the app while we were in line and it got up to #114, but then stopped. I didn't watch after we rode, anyone happen to be there with a higher number and still get to ride? Curious....

I didnt see the final number yesterday (Tuesday), but it wasnt going as well as the last few days. The last time I looked in the evening it was only at 88. It broke down a few times, we were stuck in the really narrow corridor for 45 minutes starting at 11:15.

DH went yesterday (Tuesday). He had issues with the app in the morning; it didn't recognize that he'd entered the park. Eventually he got it worked out and they were able to add him to the BG his friends were in, 106. But about 7:30 they announced that the last BG of the night would be 105. He was pretty bummed, but glad not to get stuck anywhere!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Waiting anxiously to go back to DLR...WDW is nice, but DLR is HOME!!!!

A Gelfling's Blog

Do any of you have experience with getting boarding groups when you have future DL After Dark tickets on your app in addition to your AP/ticket? Do they have to be unchecked when choosing a party or will the app just ignore them? I will likely have the others in our group also try but was curious if anyone knew after watching a video where the extra unchecking delayed folks trying for a boarding group.

-- Cindy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chahn View Post
    Do any of you have experience with getting boarding groups when you have future DL After Dark tickets on your app in addition to your AP/ticket? Do they have to be unchecked when choosing a party or will the app just ignore them? I will likely have the others in our group also try but was curious if anyone knew after watching a video where the extra unchecking delayed folks trying for a boarding group.
    I would be safe and uncheck all tickets not necessary for a boarding group. Those few seconds of unchecking at time of selection could cost u a good time

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by chahn View Post
    Make sure that you have the most recent version of the app. It had an update about a week ago. That update took care of special event tickets showing up in Boarding Group parties. They should no longer be showing up with entry tickets and annual passes. The only tickets that show up in your group should be regular tickets and passes that have been used to enter DL that day.

Make sure that you have the most recent version of the app. It had an update about a week ago. That update took care of special event tickets showing up in Boarding Group parties. They should no longer be showing up with entry tickets and annual passes. The only tickets that show up in your group should be regular tickets and passes that have been used to enter DL that day.
    For some reason, I still have tickets show up that haven't been scanned in for the day. The special event tickets don't show up, but other linked tickets and APs do.

Quote Originally Posted by Shortpix77 View Post
    For some reason, I still have tickets show up that haven't been scanned in for the day. The special event tickets don't show up, but other linked tickets and APs do.
    If you can't get the APs and other tickets to unlink, someone posted about calling the AP hotline. Not sure what the CM did, but a quick phone call took care of everything.

If you can't get the APs and other tickets to unlink, someone posted about calling the AP hotline. Not sure what the CM did, but a quick phone call took care of everything.
    Good to know -- the AP is my daughter's, so it won't unlink and most of the time she's with me (but occasionally I go just with other adults). The other tickets are socal three-day passes that belong to friends we went with. I scanned them into my app before the ticket owner did (derp), so now I can't delete them. I figured worst-case, I'm only stuck with those until Memorial Day weekend when they expire (or after they use them the third time).

Quote Originally Posted by Shortpix77 View Post
    Good to know -- the AP is my daughter's, so it won't unlink and most of the time she's with me (but occasionally I go just with other adults). The other tickets are socal three-day passes that belong to friends we went with. I scanned them into my app before the ticket owner did (derp), so now I can't delete them. I figured worst-case, I'm only stuck with those until Memorial Day weekend when they expire (or after they use them the third time).
    Another option is to create another account with just your AP and whichever other ones you know you'll have with you on that specific day, using a different email address.

Yep, I did that and it was quick and easy. I called a number I found in a Disney Parks Moms Panel post. It was (714) 520-6222.
    Team "Club 34" - NOW MASTERS!
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Ready Player One (Spring 2015)
    2nd place Family in MouseAdventure Card Games: Deuces Wild (Spring 2014)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure 365 (Fall 2013)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Musical (Spring 2013) - top score in all of Basic!

The ride is incredible!!!

"If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney