Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Paradise Pier Hotel trip questions

Paradise Pier Hotel trip questions

2020 will be our first year with APs (YAY!) and I'm trying to save a bit of $$ by staying at the Paradise Pier Hotel for the first time this January. I've got a few questions!

Can you walk safely from the back of the hotel directly to the Grand Californian, so we can get into DCA through the hotel entrance? (As opposed to walking out the front of the hotel and heading towards DL Hotel and walking all the way through Downtown Disney to get to the parks?) Last time we stayed at DL Hotel and I'm a bit worried about the extra walking.

How is the fireworks watching experience from the rooftop? How early do you need to get there?

For those of you who have stayed at all three DL hotels, how'd you like this one?

Thanks, all!

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by czarina68 View Post
    2020 will be our first year with APs (YAY!) and I'm trying to save a bit of $$ by staying at the Paradise Pier Hotel for the first time this January. I've got a few questions!

Can you walk safely from the back of the hotel directly to the Grand Californian, so we can get into DCA through the hotel entrance? (As opposed to walking out the front of the hotel and heading towards DL Hotel and walking all the way through Downtown Disney to get to the parks?) Last time we stayed at DL Hotel and I'm a bit worried about the extra walking.
    Congratulations on getting your APs!
    Non-GCH hotel guests and those without TS reservations at the GCH are not supposed to use the front entrance of that hotel. This rule has been in place since January 2017, when the new security changes were put in place. It is not a big deal to walk from the back of the PPH along the path to the DLH bag check, then through DTD to the parks or to take the monorail (if it's running) into DL. Non-GCH guests can exit from DTD through the hotel to Disneyland Dr., so you could take that shortcut back to the PPH at the end of the day.

Good info! The shortcut is more important at the end of the day, anyway, when your feet are tired.

Quote Originally Posted by czarina68 View Post
    Good info! The shortcut is more important at the end of the day, anyway, when your feet are tired.
    From DCA you can exit straight into the Grand and across. If the monorail is running, you can ride it out saving a lot of steps as well.