Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Skyliner rides

Skyliner rides

We did every section of the route, most at least 3 times. It's nice, fast, efficient. Disappointed they did zero theming on any of the towers.

I'm surprised they ran right over guest buildings at resorts. Under the lines, the path is mostly gravel paved. There are a bunch of regularly-spaced posts along the sides. I could see them adding the dumb alligator signs and using these as trails, although it would necessitate traffic lights with crosswalks or pedestrian bridges crossing several roads.

Wrapped cars suck from inside, you can't see much out of them and absolutely nothing at night. There are also lights near the floor that cause a lot of glare that detract from the experience far too much for my liking. And I doubt they will keep people from joining the 60' High Club...

Where the three arms meet, all passengers must get out and board the other line, such as going from DHS to Epcot, etc. That's only about 20 minutes total versus the 45+ for the boats. Pretty nice.

There's a very good cross breeze as long as you are moving. It dies off quickly as the cabin slows, and the electric fans do come on. They should install small PV panels on the roofs to run ventilation fans or even micro-hvac units, but that's added cost and maintenance.

Nick Andrews, DL misc74-76,85,91,12/11,1/13, WDW 78,83,85,1/92-8/92,95,99,04x8,5/11,2/12, 9/12,6/13,3/14,11/14,3/15,9/15,4/16,9/16,12/16,4/17,11/17,4/18,10/18,1/19,5/19,10/19, 2/20, 9/20, 1/21, DLP 3/20
    Magic Kingdom Cast Member 1/92-8/92 (WDW CP) 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

2. # ADS

Interesting. It opened after our trip. We really wanted to ride it. I have heard about the wrapped cars and not being able to see out. To me, the purpose would be to see. But that's just me.

Interesting on the fans. I didn't realize they had actual fans. I did feel a breeze on the back of my shirt one trip, but I thought it was because I was on the leading edge (sitting facing away from the direction we were moving). I thought there was an opening (vents to outside right behind the slatted seat back?), I hadn't considered that there might have been a fan producing the breeze I was feeling.

It's not that the wraps are entirely opaque, but it's not a clear view, that's for sure. It is pretty much useless for taking pictures though. You can see out and make out what you are looking at, it's not like you are in a closed box with no windows at all.

-Dave

Thanks for the details Nick. Looking forward to riding in a couple of weeks.

The electric fans are up top and only come in when the cabin stops or comes close to it. The windows at the top can be opened or closed. There are vents right at seat level that do a nice job if the upper vents are open.

On a wrapped cabin at night, all you can see are spots of light, nothing else! It's terrible. Didn't ride in one during the day.

There really isn't much to take pictures of. It's just nice to have a view.

I forgot about darkness! I only rode during the day this trip.

Thanks for the fan info. I'll have to listen for that next time. I think I only stopped one time and it was for maybe a minute or two, tops, so maybe they didn't go on while I was riding.

-Dave