Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Food and Wine 2020 and first trip with a baby

Food and Wine 2020 and first trip with a baby

Hey Everyone!

Just curious as to when they make the announcements for the Food and Wine festival for 2020? We will be traveling in late April next year and was just curious if we would catch the tail end of it or miss it completely.

This will also be our first trip with a 1 year old - which we know to immediately lower our expectations of what we can do in two days (from only ever traveling childless - with me and my wife). Only question I have is for those who have gone with young children what is your process of moving through out the resort with a stroller? IE: Parades, Fantasmic, parking and leaving, etc.

2. # ADS

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

We took babies quite a bit years ago.

Strollers are great, mobile lockers on wheels. Great for your jackets and water bottles and such. Just don't use them as a battering ram.

Our stroller had a half cover that came up and then we used a blanket to cover the rest and many times our babies took great naps in there.

Use the rider swap option. You both need to go up to the cast member in front of the line and they will explain how it works for that ride. Typically one of you waits in line while the other watches the baby, then once off the other gets to walk pretty much on the ride.

There are a lot of rides you can hold your baby on and ride with them. I have some babies have ear sound mufflers on sometimes to keep the loud noises from scaring them.

Have fun, I have lots of great memories from the very small family at the park.

"If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

Thanks for the replies!

We are excited to go and share our love of Disney with our daughter, were hoping she grows up to have the same amount of fanaticism as us lol. It will be an experiment for sure with the stroller and full days as she hasn't been much of a stroller napper so far. Most likely will bring the baby carrier as well to park the stroller somewhere and wear her around the park with us.

We have 4 kids. Started going when we just had 2 and they were 5 and 3 years old.

Once the last two came we were regularly buying annual passes and going multiple times a year. So we many times had babies 5 months old and such. Now they are all teenagers and the youngest is almost 16 and we can hardly keep up with them at the park. I miss those days when they were younger and we did things a little slower.

Enjoy every moment of it.

"If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney