Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: holidays and Christmas at Disneyland 2019

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

As of 1245pm Sat the holiday sippers is sold out park wide. This from. Come Corner cm when I tried to buy one. None visible in DCA either.

On another note - the tree is not up in the GCH. Gingerbread House on the process of being laid out. Core building is on place.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

2. # ADS

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    The straw clip (gingerbread Mickey or different?) has been around for a four of years. You can find it in lots of places. I found it for sure at Plaza Inn.

Red glow cube I picked up at Coke Corner. U can probably get it in multiple locations. The green one was in DCA. Every marketplace was offering it.

I finally did see pics of the peppermint straw holder. It lights up. I think it's available at a lot of carts.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

I finally did see pics of the peppermint straw holder. It lights up. I think it's available at a lot of carts.

Found it tonight at the churro carts in Town Square and by IASW. Can be purchased with or without a bottled beverage. No AP discount (as usual for ODV). Red Mickey glow cube was at Coke Corner as you reported -- AP discount did apply there. And the AP discount applied at the Festival of Food booths for the green Mickey glow cube.

As of 1245pm Sat the holiday sippers is sold out park wide. This from. Come Corner cm when I tried to buy one. None visible in DCA either...
    Red holiday sipper was back at Coke Corner tonight around 9 pm. And the Christmas Tree popcorn bucket was at the Hub and at the popcorn cart by IASW.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    Red holiday sipper was back at Coke Corner tonight around 9 pm. And the Christmas Tree popcorn bucket was at the Hub and at the popcorn cart by IASW.
    Well they just keep us guessing don't they.

Blog Entries

This is not particular to Holidays but it is to crowds and new to me. Individual locations can turn off mobile order if they want to. No real way of knowing when - so if u are making plans for a busy day be advised.

https://twitter.com/DisneylandToday/...872751106?s=19

Massive line today at Hub popcorn cart for the light up Christmas Tree bucket. 3 switchbacks and then past Partners statue. Pajama alien at Tomorrowland and DCA (they have last year's too). Pluto at main St. And fronteirland. Oogie boogie at HM cart.
    Just out of curiosity, in situations like this do they set up a separate line for people that just want popcorn and not the collectible?
    "You're not a grown up! You're a Dad!" -ARG

Visit my website for my photos and writing
    Read my grandmother and sister's poetry at Generations Poetry

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffG View Post
    Just out of curiosity, in situations like this do they set up a separate line for people that just want popcorn and not the collectible?
    Unfortunately no.

This is not particular to Holidays but it is to crowds and new to me. Individual locations can turn off mobile order if they want to. No real way of knowing when - so if u are making plans for a busy day be advised.

https://twitter.com/DisneylandToday/...872751106?s=19

We've seen this happen before on super crowded days. It seems to happen when a location gets swamped, so if you notice that a location where you want to eat looks crazy busy, be aware that Mobile Ordering might not be available. More reason to try to eat at off peak hours on busy days.

I've seen all of the mobile order time slots for the day open in the morning. Then a few hours later, when I go to order, the next time slot is more than 40 minutes away. If you definitely want something, you could always order early.

That said, the wait times I've experienced for about half of my orders make it very unappealing anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherJenny View Post
    That said, the wait times I've experienced for about half of my orders make it very unappealing anyway.
    Really? Maybe I haven't ordered at peak times, but I've never experienced a long wait for Mobile Order -- usually it's "Now-[TIME]" or like half an hour later at most (usually for Dole Whip). Have I just been getting lucky?

I plan to go next week or weekend at some point to try for the Christmas tree popcorn bucket and the ornament sipper. A friend of mine wants to buy like 15 of the sippers to use as hanging outdoor decorations for her house, lol. So she's recruited quite a few friends to try to get enough to meet this goal... Looks like it could be interesting trying to get them!

Blog Entries

Be advised that if it's sold out in the AM it may be back in the PM. This happened to me this past Saturday (sold out for me, tea4two said available Sat late afternoon).

The rule - if u see it buy it.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shortpix77 View Post
    Really? Maybe I haven't ordered at peak times, but I've never experienced a long wait for Mobile Order -- usually it's "Now-[TIME]" or like half an hour later at most (usually for Dole Whip). Have I just been getting lucky?
    Same here. The only time we've had a problem with a long wait was during the dinner period on the Saturday of a holiday weekend - it might have been Memorial Day weekend. Otherwise, even during regular meal times, times have been immediate or at most 20 minutes in the future.

On another note - the tree is not up in the GCH. Gingerbread House on the process of being laid out. Core building is on place.
    Starting past midnight tonight, they were prepping to put the tree in the lobby up, as well as the other decorations in front of the hotel and in the valet parking area.

This is the gingerbread house in the lobby partially done, as well as some of the treats they're selling nearby.

The husband stopped to pick up the AP sip and savor pass and got the button as well. I love the design on the lanyard and the button.

Some candy apples that we saw at Marceline's tonight - how cute is the elf one? We also liked the one in the top hat with the scarf.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Blog Entries

My order window was a minimum of 30 min from when I ordered on Saturday. I hit the I'm Here Burton. After 15 minutes I got the "order ready" alert. Went to the counter and waited 10 min for my name to be called. After that one of the CMs shouted out loud "whos here for mobile order?" Three of the 10 folks waiting raised our hands and when I showed my order (ThanksMas sandwich and a diet Coke) she had to go back and grab one. That took 10 more min.

I guess Jolly Holiday's setup of having mobile order and regular folks in same spot waiting for food creates some chaos on busy days.

I've had Docking Bay 7 miss my order until I told them I had placed it. I've had Red Rose Taverne give away my order. It was a custom order, I told them the other guest was taking it as the took a beer off another tray and put it on what was obviously my tray. At Flo's I was told my order would be brought to another window. There was no one at that window and I could see my order sitting there. I finally flagged down someone who was restocking and got them to bring my order because I was turned away multiple times.

I ordered a kids meal from Cocina Cucamonga while I was in line at Pacific Wharf. I hit the button that I was there as I reached the front of the line. I had my food from Pacific Wharf and found a table, I went to get the kids meal. I waited about 10-12 minutes, they told me to come back when I got the notice in the app. I sat down, the kid was restless so we fed him from our plates. I finally got the notice (and I was checking my phone constantly) just shy of 20 minutes later. When I went over there, they told me my order had been sitting out and they were about to put it back. It didn't really matter, because the kid had already eaten.

I ordered from Stagedoor Cafe, hit the button, waited 15 minutes, when I hadn't received the notice, and I could see that there was barely a line I went over there. It was over 45 minutes before I received the notice. There was a point where 20 minutes passed and no mobile orders went out, no CM was anywhere near the pick up. People were ordering and having their orders brought to them right away at the register. There were 15-20 people who were waiting for mobile orders.

I ordered from Adorable Snowman. When I got there the pick up window was closed. You have to tell them that you're there before they dispense the order. No one came to the window. People were knocking on the window, they just waited and waited before opening. No explanation if there was an issue with the machine or anything.

I've had ok experiences twice at Flo's, once at Red Rose Taverne, once at Adorable Snowman and once at Docking Bay 7. Just ok sometimes and awful more times than just ok isn't cutting it for me. I either find short lines or eat off property whenever possible. Leaning towards eating off property because I just haven't been happy with Disney food service at all for the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherJenny View Post
    I've had Docking Bay 7 miss my order until I told them I had placed it. I've had Red Rose Taverne give away my order. It was a custom order, I told them the other guest was taking it as the took a beer off another tray and put it on what was obviously my tray. At Flo's I was told my order would be brought to another window. There was no one at that window and I could see my order sitting there. I finally flagged down someone who was restocking and got them to bring my order because I was turned away multiple times.

I ordered a kids meal from Cocina Cucamonga while I was in line at Pacific Wharf. I hit the button that I was there as I reached the front of the line. I had my food from Pacific Wharf and found a table, I went to get the kids meal. I waited about 10-12 minutes, they told me to come back when I got the notice in the app. I sat down, the kid was restless so we fed him from our plates. I finally got the notice (and I was checking my phone constantly) just shy of 20 minutes later. When I went over there, they told me my order had been sitting out and they were about to put it back. It didn't really matter, because the kid had already eaten.

I ordered from Stagedoor Cafe, hit the button, waited 15 minutes, when I hadn't received the notice, and I could see that there was barely a line I went over there. It was over 45 minutes before I received the notice. There was a point where 20 minutes passed and no mobile orders went out, no CM was anywhere near the pick up. People were ordering and having their orders brought to them right away at the register. There were 15-20 people who were waiting for mobile orders.

I ordered from Adorable Snowman. When I got there the pick up window was closed. You have to tell them that you're there before they dispense the order. No one came to the window. People were knocking on the window, they just waited and waited before opening. No explanation if there was an issue with the machine or anything.

I've had ok experiences twice at Flo's, once at Red Rose Taverne, once at Adorable Snowman and once at Docking Bay 7. Just ok sometimes and awful more times than just ok isn't cutting it for me. I either find short lines or eat off property whenever possible. Leaning towards eating off property because I just haven't been happy with Disney food service at all for the last few years.
    That is some crazy bad luck. I will say that I almost always get the phone notification well after the food is actually ready, so I don't really count on those. But I've always just gone up to the window to check on the order once I click "I'm Here" or shortly thereafter if I'm still walking there, and they usually either hand it to me or there's a short wait once I physically check in. That's terrible that all those instances have happened to you!

Blog Entries
    That is some crazy bad luck. I will say that I almost always get the phone notification well after the food is actually ready, so I don't really count on those. But I've always just gone up to the window to check on the order once I click "I'm Here" or shortly thereafter if I'm still walking there, and they usually either hand it to me or there's a short wait once I physically check in. That's terrible that all those instances have happened to you!
    Yeah - that's my usual experience but on Saturday it was a mess. Maybe they just were not ready for crowds. You'd think they would be with opening weekend of holidays but at times I notice the lessons learned don't get maintained year to year.

I used to do that, but the CMs lately have asked people to leave or not bothered to come to the window or counter even while the food is in the window. I think mobile ordering is becoming too popular now for them to have that many people waiting in addition to the people who ordered in person.

Also, I realized I was wrong, taking the beer of the tray and putting it on my order was at Flo's and it wasn't a mobile order, because you can't make customizations in the app. My friend ordered mobile and I waited in line. But I had an order taken at Red Rose too. At the time I chalked both up to being the beginning of the DCP semester and the number of food service CMs that are DCP.

Blog Entries

Sipper about of stock again (Tuesday night)

Blog Entries

anyone seen the Mickey Gingerbread Man plush around the resort? I've been looking for my little nephew..

anyone seen the Mickey Gingerbread Man plush around the resort? I've been looking for my little nephew..
    We'll keep an eye out for it. Have you seen the gingerbread man straw clip anywhere?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    We'll keep an eye out for it. Have you seen the gingerbread man straw clip anywhere?
    Not yesterday. Last weekend they were at DCA locations. Mostly quick serve places.