Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: holidays and Christmas at Disneyland 2019

crystal arcade is now my new fireworks viewing spot, love the flat building surfaces to show visuals and the light falling on the crowd. arrived there from the gate at 9:20, that was far as I coudld "worm" myself north down the street, from that point packed, but if any family member wanted to join me, it would have been easy as rope area was open and was plenty of space south of me.

2. # ADS

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Third time where we wanted to try the ham shank at the Festival of Holidays booth but this time, the line was super long (the last two times, they were out of ham shanks), so we skipped it again. We'll see if we ever get to try it this year.

I did have the sip and savor portions of the pozole and the taco from Paradise Garden Grill. Both were good. I also tried the beef and potato tamale from the festival cart. It was pretty good. We also got the sweet guava and cheese empanada from the festival cart. The husband liked it. I had a bite and thought it was just ok.

Later in the afternoon, I got a cookie shot from the lobby of the Grand Californian Hotel. I got it with Baileys, but you can get it with Captain Morgan's, Rumchata, Grand Marnier, peppermint schnapps, milk or chocolate milk. There's also a photo op meet and greet with Santa in the lobby.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

I made a post last week but it didn't post for whatever reason.
    I had the loaded latkes. I loved the horseradish cream. The brisket was not bad. Not great but not bad. The chef said they buy it precooked so that may have an effect.

I also had both the beef Wellington and the cottage pie. The fillings of both were good. I noticed on both items, and something I had at Epcot in January that they don't do anything to heat the pastry resulting in a dried out hard hockey puck. A cute Mickey shaped one but hard and dry nonetheless. I was disappointed.

The hot chocolate macaron was yummy though.

Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    ... The hot chocolate macaron was yummy though.
    I've been hearing about that hot chocolate macaron. That's getting added to our list.

Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    I've been hearing about that hot chocolate macaron. That's getting added to our list.
    Our first day there the Ohana nieces were there with Mommy, Abuela and Abuelo. Niece shared a few bites, I had to get my own on the last night.

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    I concur - yummy (2years in a row)

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

We finally got to try the ham shanks this year. I didn't like them as much as I did last year. The warm bourbon apple cider was just as good as last year though. The festival carts were extremely busy the prior Saturday - probably 10 or so deep at almost every kiosk. Yesterday, it was pretty light, probably because most of the crowds seemed to be at Disneyland.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...