Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: holidays and Christmas at Disneyland 2019

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

holidays and Christmas at Disneyland 2019

It's two weeks until holidays at Disneyland start and they have Christmas merchandise out, so I'm starting a thread. At the Showcase store on Main Street, they have some of the new Christmas merchandise available. Cute clothes for adults, cute clothes for kids only, and non-clothes items. There's also snow on the castle, and New Orleans Square is fully decorated for Christmas.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

2. # ADS

We haven't ever been to Disneyland on Christmas, so thought we would take the kids this year. We've experienced other busy days (can it get any worse than the 24 hour party a few years back?), so why not?! I knew getting a dining reservation for BB was going to be difficult, and it's just not a special trip unless we go there, so I stayed up till Midnight Saturday morning to try. Logged in at 11:30 on the app, online only had through the 23rd so I kinda ignored that. The app kept saying it couldn't reach the server, so I refreshed and refreshed. Finally got through, but all that was available was a table for 5 when they open for lunch (we need 6). I took it figuring we would somehow make it work, but kept refreshing/dozing off to sleep. Around 4:30 am a table for 6 happened to pop up! Since it's a surprise family trip for the kids and my husband doesn't care NEARLY as much as I do, I had to share somewhere! I'm so excited! We've been scheming since February and booked our room then!

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Quisty View Post
    We haven't ever been to Disneyland on Christmas, so thought we would take the kids this year. We've experienced other busy days (can it get any worse than the 24 hour party a few years back?), so why not?! I knew getting a dining reservation for BB was going to be difficult, and it's just not a special trip unless we go there, so I stayed up till Midnight Saturday morning to try. Logged in at 11:30 on the app, online only had through the 23rd so I kinda ignored that. The app kept saying it couldn't reach the server, so I refreshed and refreshed. Finally got through, but all that was available was a table for 5 when they open for lunch (we need 6). I took it figuring we would somehow make it work, but kept refreshing/dozing off to sleep. Around 4:30 am a table for 6 happened to pop up! Since it's a surprise family trip for the kids and my husband doesn't care NEARLY as much as I do, I had to share somewhere! I'm so excited! We've been scheming since February and booked our room then!
    I'm glad it worked out for you. There are times it pays off to keep checking back in case there is a cancellation. Mouseplanet did a quick review of what is available or not for Christmas Even and Christmas Day.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Blog Entries

I liked some of the merch too - though I wish the Santa Mickey shirt was short sleeved (I need a new one). I did purchase the coffee mug with mickey/minnie/heart shaped candy canes. I really liked the image. I am considering this year's advent as well - but at home we mostly do tree decorations and thats it. Not too much on the table except for traditional centerpiece during the family dinner.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

We haven't had a chance to get back over there with everything going on around here but I did see a picture of a couple of the new mouse ear headbands. I may end up with 2 of them this year. I saw the purse as well but I think if I bought another purse right now I might get in trouble after just buying the 2 Loungefly Haunted Mansion ones. This is my favorite time in the parks though.

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

I'm really trying hard to not buy any of the purses after the HM ones. Yet they are super cute. I did see the ornaments the other day when I was looking online. Super cute as well.

Yes that ornament does not belong here at all. SMH

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Oh man. The question is not whether I need these, it's how many of these I need?!

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    looks good though lots of repeats. Interesting that more items are appearing across the resort as well. Even though not announced - I assume there will be a holiday offering at Flo's and also Award Weiners.

Now for the Disneyland choices!

Blog Entries

Here are a couple of popcorn buckets at WDW. I wonder if they will also make an appearance at Disneyland Resort. The sipper I think is already on its way (large jingle bell Mickey ornament).

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/wp-con...Kingdom-10.jpg

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/wp-con...n-Bucket-5.jpg

The Mickey Ornament sipper was on the official Disneyland Instagram the other day. I know I don't normally buy sippers but I do like that one. I am also hoping for the popcorn buckets as I haven't seen those yet in anything.

As for the food, there is a few things I want to try and a couple I would have again if I get the chance. I am a little disappoint that there was nothing with any eggnog food wise like the last 2 years. I loved the macaron a couple years ago and the eclair was good last year. Will see what is listed around the resort for other food items now.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    looks good though lots of repeats. Interesting that more items are appearing across the resort as well. Even though not announced - I assume there will be a holiday offering at Flo's and also Award Weiners.
    That was mostly just the Festival of Holidays offerings.

And they've posted more holiday goodies - this is the one for DCA and this is the one for Disneyland.

Saw that....a bunch more of foods to add to the list to try.

Do they still do the Jingle Boat makeover?

"If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by sjhanksaz View Post
    Do they still do the Jingle Boat makeover?
    2016 was the last year.

Blog Entries

Massive line today at Hub popcorn cart for the light up Christmas Tree bucket. 3 switchbacks and then past Partners statue. Pajama alien at Tomorrowland and DCA (they have last year's too). Pluto at main St. And fronteirland. Oogie boogie at HM cart.

I'll have to come back for the tree.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Well, we already have Pluto. And I didn't want Oogie or the Alien last year (although the added pajamas are cute this year). And I don't think I really want the light up tree this year (although, to be fair, I am still waiting to see it in person before making a final decision). #badpassholder

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    Well, we already have Pluto. And I didn't want Oogie or the Alien last year (although the added pajamas are cute this year). And I don't think I really want the light up tree this year (although, to be fair, I am still waiting to see it in person before making a final decision). #badpassholder
    Nope - intelligent passholder.

I like the tree - though I bought the cookie tin music box tree already. I need to see how the tree lights up to decide.

New to me - Pluto came in two colors. I have green - but the one offered in the park right now is red.

The glow cubes are cute.

Blog Entries

I was just reading the food guides for both parks - and I noticed that a few of the churros are called Artisan churros. Really? How fancy can u make a churro? I'm in a theme park - give me my expected churro! ;-)

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    New to me - Pluto came in two colors. I have green - but the one offered in the park right now is red.
    Is it Pluto sitting with Christmas sweaters, one in red and one in green? They've had that the last two years, each color one year - I forget in which order though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    Is it Pluto sitting with Christmas sweaters, one in red and one in green? They've had that the last two years, each color one year - I forget in which order though.
    That's the one. I just never knew it was different.

Blog Entries

I watched the Mickey's Happy Holidays entertainment today while waiting for food at Holiday Duets. It's cute - but it's a cavalcade. They start in the Paradise Gardens area, March up the corridor to Carthay Circle, do a show, and them come back.

Two odd things. There were probably more management people and other cast members asking people to move out of the way of the cavalcade. The only issue is that on some spots there's nowhere to go. I was waiting in line and they had us move the line - which created the smallest bit of confusion.

The other was the typical "follow the parade" by guests. IN BOTH DIRECTIONS. it's not that big of a deal except again there not a lot of room. The music is catchy initially then gets a little repetitive.

The glow cubes are cute.

I actually want the glow cubes -- where did you get them? And the Mickey Peppermint Straw Holder looks cute, too. I wonder if it lights up.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    I actually want the glow cubes -- where did you get them? And the Mickey Peppermint Straw Holder looks cute, too. I wonder if it lights up.
    The straw clip (gingerbread Mickey or different?) has been around for a four of years. You can find it in lots of places. I found it for sure at Plaza Inn.

Red glow cube I picked up at Coke Corner. U can probably get it in multiple locations. The green one was in DCA. Every marketplace was offering it.