Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: SWGE first impressions

Don't get eliminated!

SWGE first impressions

I was lucky enough to go to the cast member preview for SWGE. I am not a cast member, but was lucky enough to have a friend take me. I just have to say, this place is beyond incredible.

The theme, food, merchandise, Falcon ride, and cast members all come together to make one immersive area. If you are a fan of Star Wars, you will lose yourself in SWGE.

I cannot say enough to describe how awe inspiring this area is. I am very much looking forward to going back and cannot wait for my next trip to SWGE!

2. # ADS

how long did you get to spend in GE? Was it four hours like upcoming reservation times? Did you hit Smuggler Run first? How long was the wait and did you have enough time to shop around after? Sorry for all of the questions. Just trying to tentatively plan my visit next week

Don't get eliminated!

Yes, I was there for 4 hours. It was enough time to see and do a lot, but not everything. I ended up on the ride twice, once as an engineer, and once as a pilot. The wait varied between 10 and 40 minutes, so not bad at all.

I had enough time to also eat at Ronto Roasters, get blue milk, and shop around. While shopping, I got a really cool stormtrooper made of wood, so awesome!

4 hours is enough time to really soak up the land, but you will not be able to do everything. Make sure you know what is important to you before going so you can plan ahead a bit.

If you want to do a lightsaber, do that early on, as the wait for it can get a little long. Same with the droid factory, but not quite as bad. The sit down restaurant had a bit of a wait as well.

Have a great time, and just hit the priorities early.

I have a feeling that there will be many more people during the reservation periods than there has been during the CM previews. Im sure wait times will not be 10 to 40 mins for Smugglers Run especially since reservations overlap.

Don't get eliminated!

I think that is accurate. There was an overlap of time for the preview as well, and after the first hour, it was much less crowded. I think during the reservation time, the first hour will be a bit crazy, but it will level off. I did hear they were planning on keeping the wait for the Falcon at 2 hours or less.

I'm thinking a good strategy for the 4 hour window would be to get in the line for SR just before your window is up, unless there's a point during your window that the wait time is low.

There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions

Don't get eliminated!
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGoofyGuy View Post
    I'm thinking a good strategy for the 4 hour window would be to get in the line for SR just before your window is up, unless there's a point during your window that the wait time is low.
    I think that is a good way to go. At the very least, do the one big, must do thing first, before getting in line for the Falcon.

... unless there's a point during your window that the wait time is low.
    Does anyone know if the ride will be on the app during the reservation period to make it easy to keep an eye on the wait times? Or will we just have to keep cruising by the line?

Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    Does anyone know if the ride will be on the app during the reservation period to make it easy to keep an eye on the wait times? Or will we just have to keep cruising by the line?
    I'm going to say yes. Open up the park map on the Disneyland app and although they haven't put any of the new area on the map yet, click on the star that's right at the Galaxy's Edge entrance area north of the train trestle.

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KB1ankenship View Post
    I think that is accurate. There was an overlap of time for the preview as well, and after the first hour, it was much less crowded. I think during the reservation time, the first hour will be a bit crazy, but it will level off. I did hear they were planning on keeping the wait for the Falcon at 2 hours or less.
    That means that any overlap period may be busy - so for those who have reservations OTHER than 1st part of the day or last - you may experience more crowding at the beginning and ending of your window.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Did you happen to catch the pricing on the lightsaber building experience? Just trying to anticipate how much it is going to cost to do that together as a family where we each make our own. Last rumor I heard was minimum of $100, blades were an extra $60 or so and other $20 add-ons like a belt clip and such.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wedge View Post
    Did you happen to catch the pricing on the lightsaber building experience? Just trying to anticipate how much it is going to cost to do that together as a family where we each make our own. Last rumor I heard was minimum of $100, blades were an extra $60 or so and other $20 add-ons like a belt clip and such.
    The build your own is official priced at $199.99 each. it includes the blade and a kyber crystal in red, blue, green, or violet.. It does not include the belt clip or the carry case.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    The build your own is official priced at $199.99 each. it includes the blade and a kyber crystal in red, blue, green, or violet.. It does not include the belt clip or the carry case.

There is some definitive information about the shops on the SWGE subsite at Disneyland.com

Obsessed Pre-vacation Planner

SWGE is now on the DL official app with all the shops and store locations shown including Smugglers Run.

Pixar's "Up": Proving you can't have a real adventure until your wife dies.

Don't get eliminated!
    Quote Originally Posted by daveywest View Post
    SWGE is now on the DL official app with all the shops and store locations shown including Smugglers Run.
    Yes, I have been obsessing over it lately. I cannot wait to go back.

Blog Entries

And fwiw the castle colors were changed too.

And fwiw the castle colors were changed too.

I noticed that last night when looking at the app map.

About the lightsabers
    https://disneyland.disney.go.com/sho...t-lightsabers/

About the Droid Depot
    https://disneyland.disney.go.com/sho...d/droid-depot/

Note that both of those will NOT be doing AP discounts or any discounts according to both those pages.

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    About the lightsabers
    https://disneyland.disney.go.com/sho...t-lightsabers/

About the Droid Depot
    https://disneyland.disney.go.com/sho...d/droid-depot/

Note that both of those will NOT be doing AP discounts or any discounts according to both those pages.
    A subtle modification. I bwkiev it's only the custom built items that are no discount and non refundable. If you buy a pre built lightsaber (like I will) u should still be getting a discount. At least from what I see in the story and have read online from CMs.

A subtle modification. I bwkiev it's only the custom built items that are no discount and non refundable. If you buy a pre built lightsaber (like I will) u should still be getting a discount. At least from what I see in the story and have read online from CMs.

Yes I was referring to the items I linked that are the custom builds. I haven't seen anything on the Disneyland site that says anything else for no discounts at this point.
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

That would be great if the pre-built DJ-R3X qualifies for an AP discount. I figured it would be excluded.

have read from those who have already gone, that you are not allowed back into the smugglers run line during the last hour of your reservation as it is then alotted to the newly arriving group. So i would plan to ride during your first 3 hours. Have heard the line is the longest at the beginning of the window, but that if you use the single rider line at least once it is possible to get two rides in.
    Just keep trying, trying, trying.....
    I did it! Woo Hoo Star Wars 10k completed
    Disneyland Half Weekend 10k "I made it~ woo hoo!"
    Yippee! Another Star Wars 10K Finished with style and a pr ::happy dance::

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fishgal View Post
    have read from those who have already gone, that you are not allowed back into the smugglers run line during the last hour of your reservation as it is then alotted to the newly arriving group. So i would plan to ride during your first 3 hours. Have heard the line is the longest at the beginning of the window, but that if you use the single rider line at least once it is possible to get two rides in.
    That's odd - because your 4 hour window is your 4 hour window. There's no stipulation in the reservation that you only get to try SR in the first three hours.

That's odd - because your 4 hour window is your 4 hour window. There's no stipulation in the reservation that you only get to try SR in the first three hours.
    No, but I had heard a while back that they were going to block people from entering the queue in the later portion of their 4 hour block. The reasoning was that they anticipated a wait time of up to 2 Hours to get on the ride, and they did not want people going well over their 4 hours in GE, due to waiting in the SR line. Their aim was to have people out of the land by the end of their block, and that becomes impossible if people wait until 1 hr before their block ends to get in line.

I do not see that they would change this policy, but hopefully they make a point of letting guests know about it before entering GE, so they can plan accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by fishgal View Post
    Well....Then I guess Disney figured out that lots of people were going to use this strategy for their visit. Hopefully they put something in writing so that people will not wait, and then miss their opportunity to get in line.