Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Measles

Measles

Here we go again. Somebody with the measles visited the DLR sometime last week according to the El Segundo Times (LA Times)

2. # ADS

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by newhdplayer View Post
    Here we go again. Somebody with the measles visited the DLR sometime last week according to the El Segundo Times (LA Times)
    It was Wednesday, OCt 16th. The patient hit a Starbucks in Palms in the morning then was at Disneyland after that until 8:30pm
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Good Lordy, this is becoming a never ending thing with measles outbreaks. Not just in DL but everywhere.

Darlene aka MotoGP Goddess

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

If only there was some way to prevent the spread of measles...

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    If only there was some way to prevent the spread of measles...

Yeah I get it. Some parents don't want to immunize their kids for fear of autism. There is not a proven record of the immunization causing it. Yes, my kid had the immunization, yes, my kid has high functioning autism but many things can cause autism and not necessarily always the vaccine. I'd rather my kid be here than to be affected by a disease that was once rare. Sad that some parents would rather their kid suffer and other kids suffer. I've heard some parents even have "measles parties" where they let one infected kid infect a bunch of others at once. Ugh.

That's me! Debbie Downer.

Quote Originally Posted by dsnyredhead View Post
    Yeah I get it. Some parents don't want to immunize their kids for fear of autism. There is not a proven record of the immunization causing it. Yes, my kid had the immunization, yes, my kid has high functioning autism but many things can cause autism and not necessarily always the vaccine. I'd rather my kid be here than to be affected by a disease that was once rare. Sad that some parents would rather their kid suffer and other kids suffer. I've heard some parents even have "measles parties" where they let one infected kid infect a bunch of others at once. Ugh.
    OMG sort of like the old "chicken pox parties". WTH is wrong with these people? My kids have had their immunizations. Its a shame parents like you, that do have a child with autism are never heard in this manner. I get there are those that can not get some or all immunizations for real legit medical reasons but its such a joke how many refuse them who can. I don't have any record for myself and plan to get tested and if needed to get the vaccination for this to be on the safe side. We were there in August and were a day off from when someone else had come through that had measles. I had to go back and check dates to make sure. Its no wonder states and even some countries are putting a foot down on this issue and making sure vaccinations are done.
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

I did not have my childhood records(I'm 50 now and my parents died nearly 30yrs ago so those records are long gone although I know I had the required vaccines for school and then a second set in my mid-20s because I worked in the medical field, pediatrics specifically but then also a chemo center/oncology office but I did get a booster just this year. I also had all my childhood vaccines but still got Whooping cough(ironically, AFTER I got out of the work force LOL) and it took 6mos for that to clear. Most days I could barely walk 10steps without an inhaler and constant breathing treatments and oxygen. If parents knew how it felt to be unable to breathe and not be able to ask for their breathing treatments, they would not be willing to put their child or others at risk. My sons are now 30 and 21 and I'm proud to say that I gave them all of their vaccines and by that, I mean I literally was the nurse giving the injections. LOL They've got to have something to tell their therapist right? LOL

Blog Entries

It still amazes me the amount of misinformation out there. Someone was up in arms about the measles and they had seen a very young baby at DL. Well, guess what, very young healthy babies generally have immunity until they are a year (which is when they get the first MMR) and if they still have immunity at 12 mos, they are getting a 2nd one to cover at 18 mos. And today, moms-to-be are getting boosters in the 2/3 trimesters to give the baby an even better head start. And as adults we are finding we should get boosters. I will say I HATE getting the TdaP because the T part HURTS. But, it gets done. Now to get the flu shot.

Planning 3 trips at once...

Get the shot and then you don't have to worry about it.

We got them and our kids did, not a worry for us at all.

"If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney