Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Disneyland Resort Update for October 21 - October 27, 2019

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Disneyland Resort Update for October 21 - October 27, 2019

Disneyland Resort Update for October 21 - October 27, 2019 by Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix

Oga's Cantina moves to 60-day reservation system | More themed food with themed names for Galaxy's Edge | Avengers: Damage Control opens in Downtown Disney | This and That...

Read it here!

2. # ADS

Wow on the food names. I know my husband I were talking about it the other day. If some are claiming they are already have enough to do with planning then I'd have to ask if they EVER read menus in any of the other places they grab food at in WDW or any other place they eat? I agree that changing the names takes from the land's theme. I know no matter where I go to eat if I don't know what I want I go over the menu and read descriptions of what the items are. Those that were complaining it adds to their planning , they make a trip to WDW sound like its more stressful then fun. LOL

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

It's been reported in the last day or two that they're changing the names back to their Star Wars names. I've posted this elsewhere, but I've been baffled sometimes sitting at Docking Bay 7 when people get their food, and I hear them say, "Oh, it's chicken" or "Oh, it's beef.". Did these people not read past the first line on the menus? Yes, it has a weird name on the first line. But RIGHT UNDER THAT, it tells you exactly what it is and what comes with it. I've been in Italian restaurants where the first line of each item is in Italian. When my Italian is rusty, I look at the next line, which tells you what the dish is in English. Is it really that hard?

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    It's been reported in the last day or two that they're changing the names back to their Star Wars names. I've posted this elsewhere, but I've been baffled sometimes sitting at Docking Bay 7 when people get their food, and I hear them say, "Oh, it's chicken" or "Oh, it's beef.". Did these people not read past the first line on the menus? Yes, it has a weird name on the first line. But RIGHT UNDER THAT, it tells you exactly what it is and what comes with it. I've been in Italian restaurants where the first line of each item is in Italian. When my Italian is rusty, I look at the next line, which tells you what the dish is in English. Is it really that hard?
    OMG! IMO it comes off as being lazy in a way. Even if the item like beef or chicken is in the name of the food I like to know what else it has a lot of times because there are some items I just don't like the taste of and if its got cilantro in it I have to pass. I just don't understand how one doesn't have the time to look at what it says when its right there. Those doing trips to WDW have many months usually in advance they plan. Do they not see what a menu is before booking on the dining plan? Considering that Disney has the menus on their sites its really not hard to view it ahead of any kind of trip to either of their theme parks. If Disney is changing the names back to the themed names that is great. They should have just pointed the guests whining over the names to their website or the menus at the food places. Baffles me that they can't take the time to read a menu before a trip or when at the place and its in your face.
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"