Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ticket Name?

Ticket Name?

The best price I can find right now is from Undercover Tourist who I haven't used before, so I searched mousepad to see what people had to say about them and in the process found lots of posts about using a nickname when buying tickets and that being an issue because the name doesn't match the ID...

I don't remember ever having a name on a Disney ticket or showing my ID at Disney. Am I just not remembering something; is that really a thing?

All I remember is saying, "Five tickets please," and being handed five tickets that I pass out to everyone. No names involved.

Undercover Tourist two day parkhoppers are currently $12 less than standard price. They don't have one day tickets, but I am getting four two day tickets and only one one day. So, a $48 savings. While I am posting I'll ask if anyone knows of a better deal or thinks that something better will come along between now and November 7?

2. # ADS

Names have been required on tickets for several years now. They will also take your photo at the turnstyle and attach it to your ticket. Thank people ticket sharing for these measures.
    I was one who had my common nickname on the ticket order to pick up. But my license has legal name. It was an issue that took way too long to override. This was an online ticket order that I had to pick up at the booths.
    We've used undercover tourist for WDW tickets and it was great. We got hard tickets both times. We've used Get Away Today for DL tickets. Sometimes hard tickets some times online voucher that I hace to exchange at the booth.

I do remember them taking pictures and them matching that each time you used it, I don't remember showing IDs or giving names along with the tickets. My name is Theodore, but I never use that. The first time I traveled for my current job I had an issue because the HR system fed that travel system and there was no way to change the name, so my airline ticket said Ted. The TSA guy argued with me saying that Ted isn't a nickname for Theodore, it is a nickname for Edward. I kept telling him it was a nickname for both. Finally I pulled out my credit card (Ted), my Costco card (Ted), my health insurance card (Ted), my ATM card (Ted), another credit card (Ted)... He let me through. Is Disney going to put me through that?

Two day parkhopper tickets with MaxPass:

$310 from Disney
    $308 from Get Away Today
    $297.95 from Undercover Tourist

I clicked through to make sure there were no other taxes and fees and there aren't. These are e-tickets that are emailed which you can redeem at the gate.

Only if you have to pick up the tickets from will call (ticket booth). If they send hard tickets you are good, digital (bar coded) tickets you go straight to the gate with should be fine too. Never had an issue with our nick names on them. It was just picking up a ticket order with a voucher at the booth I was hassled.

One more question. I have never bought MaxPass before. If I buy the ticket with MaxPass from Undercover Tourist and they send me an eTicket, how does the MaxPass get onto our Disney accounts? I get that they will scan the barcode off the phone to print the ticket at the gate and that after I enter the park I then scan the ticket in the app to link the ticket, but where is MaxPass put onto my account? Is it on the ticket so when I scan the barcode the app knows I have it?

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    The TSA guy argued with me saying that Ted isn't a nickname for Theodore, it is a nickname for Edward. I kept telling him it was a nickname for both.
    I'd say that's a problem with the TSA guy. If that happens again, I'd reference Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt. (Nicely, of course, because being snarky with a TSA agent is never a good idea.)
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

I thought about that, in fact my first thought was that he was thinking of Edward (Ted) Kennedy and I should bring up Roosevelt. But, the guy wasn't American, well he could have been naturalized, but he had a thick accent and clearly wasn't from here, so I wasn't sure if he would know the reference or not. I figured my wallet full of cards saying Ted was a better bet.

We've gone through this the last several years with my husband's ticket (younger son and I are AP holders but it still has to be in our legal name on our licenses) since we buy his out at the Base. No one calls him William(not even his parents when they were alive) but the ticket has to match what is on his legal documents(military ID and driver's license). This year we bought them for our older son and his girlfriend(we are 10 days out yay!!) and they stressed that it has to be what is on the person's legal form of ID, no nicknames, and I even had to make sure that the younger son(no longer an AP this year) did or did not have a hyphen since he has two last names so I had to text him to check his driver's license to make sure he was hyphen-less. LOO. Candles is absolutely correct when she says that it's thanks to the ticket-sharers and scalpers. Our Halloween party tickets last year were hard tickets but we matched at the gate to our IDs and they did have a slight hiccup with my husband because he had bought them with Bill on it instead of William but it was only a couple of minutes for them to check his ID and get the ok(although he did have to show two forms of picture ID with William on them, the costco card did not count even though it had William on it too).

Darlene aka MotoGP Goddess

One more question. I have never bought MaxPass before. If I buy the ticket with MaxPass from Undercover Tourist and they send me an eTicket, how does the MaxPass get onto our Disney accounts? I get that they will scan the barcode off the phone to print the ticket at the gate and that after I enter the park I then scan the ticket in the app to link the ticket, but where is MaxPass put onto my account? Is it on the ticket so when I scan the barcode the app knows I have it?
    It should be attached to each ticket its on. Once you scan your ticket it the app attached to those tickets and you are good to go.
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Thank you. I keep thinking of new questions. These two aren't related to the ticket and I am not sure whether to create a new topic or to just ask here... I'll just ask and see if I get an answer.

Both are about dining reservations. There will be nine of us and herding a big group, especially with teens, doesn't always go as expected. If I have a reservation for 9 people and show up with seven people, will I be charged for the two that didn't show up? I currently have two dinner reservations in downtown Disney and one at Oga's Cantina. I think the one at Oga's is the most likely to have others not show up.

I think I already figured out that it can't be done, but can I link these reservations to my wife's account so they show up on her app as well?

Also just to tell the story of the Oga's reservations. I made them for November 9. Until today you could only make them 14 days out, but as of today you can make them 60 days out. I knew that was coming so I set an alarm for midnight to be sure to get a reservation. It wouldn't let me do it. I am not a great sleeper, so as I would wake up throughout the night I would give it a try and it wouldn't work. Sometime in the night I tried and it worked! Yeah, I got a reservat... wait a minute, I made the reservation for November 2. I canceled and tried the correct date and still no good. At 7:15 I tried and no go. I gave it one more try at 7:25 and it worked! The description for the place still said 14 days (and still does at 11:43), but it worked and I have the reservations.

Last edited by Bolivar; 10-21-2019 at 10:58 AM.

No they don't charge for no show of a couple of people.

Ticket Name?

They won’t charge for no-shows but they may not seat you until your full party shows up. At least that’s how Carthay Circle and other reservations are handled. My son had to run back to the GC to our room to change from wet clothes and we had to wait to be seated until he joined us.

Quote Originally Posted by LdyApxr View Post
    They won’t charge for no-shows but they may not seat you until your full party shows up. At least that’s how Carthay Circle and other reservations are handled. My son had to run back to the GC to our room to change from wet clothes and we had to wait to be seated until he joined us.
    In his situation they would just change their party size at check in. I've had them ask if everyone was there for seating purposes as well but if 2 aren't coming at all it's a simple change.

Ticket Name?

Oh yeah, that would be the difference. We knew Ri was going to meet us vs changed his mind and wanted to do something else. Good point.

With my kids they know a commitment is a commitment and they will either decide by at least the day before that they would rather do something else or they will be there. My wife's sister's family, well they are a bit flaky and those kids do whatever they want. Heck they do whatever they want. I am not confident they will all be there.

I just bought my tickets from Undercover Tourist. Well, I bought four of them. My wife is planning to spend one day not in the park and will be getting a one day ticket. I don't see any deals on them so figure there is no advantage to buying it early and this way she can always change her mind and get a two day ticket if she wants.

It is interesting. The "e-ticket" isn't really an e-ticket at all, it is a pdf document that you print and bring to the gate. And they aren't even attached in the email. It has a link to the documents. I printed them and scanned them into the Disneyland app even though they aren't the tickets but rather vouchers for the tickets. That app is amazing in how fast it scans. I clicked the button to scan the ticket and it was done in the blink of an eye. I didn't have the camera close or very well aimed at the bar code and it scanned it.

So now the four tickets are in the app and I can bring them each up with a bar code on the phone. Will that work at the gate or should I bring the vouchers? Actually I am asking more out of curiosity, I will bring the printed vouchers too -- belt AND suspenders.

I never use the app but have seen some do it to enter the parks. I would bring the printed vouchers though just in case. Never know when it won't come up on the phone because of issues with service on the cell or with the app itself.

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

I bought our last DL tickets from undercover tourist. Used the Eticket option which you scan right at the turnstiles and they print them out there for you. Both tickets had our legal names on them. However, I forgot all about the fact that I put names on the tickets, and didn't even look at them when the CM handed them to us. So when she took our picture to pair with the tickets, my photo was on the ticket with my husbands name and his photos was on mine. They laughed every time we'd scan through the turnstiles, but no one said anything negative about it. We had one CM that told us it happens all the time.

Oh and I didn't see your question about printing them. I didn't print them at all. Just opened the link on my phone and the CM scanned the barcode straight from my phone.

That is really great to know. Thank you. We will be separating with the teens running off on their own and me staying with my special needs daughter. I am sure they laughed about the mixed up pictures because you were entering together. If one of you tried to enter on your own, it likely would have been an issue. For us, if my daughter and son's pictures were mixed and my son was entering without my daughter or my daughter without my son, it would be an issue.

I will be sure to be careful and to get the correct photo with the correct ticket.

With my kids they know a commitment is a commitment and they will either decide by at least the day before that they would rather do something else or they will be there. My wife's sister's family, well they are a bit flaky and those kids do whatever they want. Heck they do whatever they want. I am not confident they will all be there.
    Every family has some of those. My family(not my kids or husband, but siblings and their kids) has several. I sometimes wonder if we were all raised by the same parents. LOL

Just FYI too, we lost our park hoppers at one point, and because I still had the barcode on my phone from the etickets they were able to reprint them for us.

I will never forget losing a park hopper in the early 2000s. This was when we had flip phones without cameras, so no photos of tickets, no apps. But, the three or four tickets (I don't remember if my youngest was born yet), were sequential numbers and there was one missing in the middle. So, we figured that was the missing ticket number. He went somewhere and brought back a large stack of tickets. They were tickets that were found and turned in that day. He looked through and couldn't find my ticket.

While he was looking through the tickets, a woman came up to the person at the next counter and was explaining how she had lost a ticket. Just as that customer service rep was telling her that there was nothing they could do and that she would have to buy another ticket, the customer service rep helping me was telling me that he would issue me a new ticket.

I think it was someone here on this forum who said that the customer service reps are given a small quota of tickets they can give out at their discretion and my guy must have done that and it must have been because I could demonstrate the missing ticket by showing the number. I told him to cancel the other ticket so no one finding it could use it, but he said they couldn't do that. I'll bet they could do that today.

Not that anyone cares about my thoughts, but I had some from my recent visit and wanted to share them. This is going to sound really negative. People are here because they are fans of Disney and they love the park. I don't feel like I have to go through all the wonderful things about it and about what made my trip such a great experience as any trip to Disneyland is. I am going to focus on the things that I didn't find so great.

Galaxy's Edge

Walking through the tunnel behind Thunder Mountain into the land was breathtaking. The buildings straight off the film, the spires in the distance giving it depth. I couldn't have been more impressed. That lasted for a bit and then the lack of movement and atmosphere began to make me feel like I was visiting an ancient archaeological site rather than an alien world. When I walked through the Sostruzioni della Terrazza in Rome and marveled at the buildings and the ruins. I didn't expect to see Roman emperors or soldiers or barbarian slaves strolling the cobblestone walkways, but if Disney built an ancient Roman themed land I would expect all that. Galaxy's Edge should have been bustling with storm troopers and aliens and droids milling about with the guests. I never saw one. They could have just put a bunch of Roomba's out and it would have added some atmosphere and movement (and kept the place clean as a bonus!).

I went there not have read much about it previously, so I didn't know what to expect. I found that it had four attractions, three of which came at an extra, steep cost: The place you buy a light saber, which is apparently a show, the place to buy droids, the cantina and the Millennium Falcon ride. The Millennium falcon ride was a complete bust in my opinion. It felt to me like something that was just phoned in with very little thought or effort. The other attraction I took in was the cantina. I had the overpriced drink with foam that makes your lips tingle. That was interesting, but not enough to justify the price or the wait. I wasn't paying for a drink, I was paying to be entertained and it didn't deliver. It should have had aliens sprinkled about at the bar and at tables, some walking in one door, through the place and out another. Storm troopers should have occasionally walked in and arrested an alien, maybe mistake a guest for a rebel before realizing their mistake and arresting the correct cast member. Instead we got a droid that twisted its hands and raised its eyebrows up and down.

The land also had shops and eateries. The theme was great and I think the idea sound, but unfortunately it didn't work. They were trying to create a bizarre where merchants had stalls, but the stalls could only hold a few people and to even see what was in a stall you had to push through a crowd and wait for a clearing and then it was small with a limited selection. After two stalls, I just didn't have the energy to see what was in the others.

To me it felt like they pulled out all the stops to build the buildings and then just phoned in the attractions and didn't even try to give it movement and atmosphere. Much of that could be easily fixed, and Rise of the Resistance may help, but as it is now, it isn't something that I want to go to again.

The App, MaxPass and PhotoPass

I loved the app. Being able to order food and relax somewhere while waiting instead of standing in line was great, when it worked. On Saturday I ordered lunch from Smokejumpers. I wasn't able to complete the order. At around 11:50 my wife tried on her phone and was able to order, but at this point it wouldn't let us get it now, but told us we couldn't get it until 12:15. That's fine. We sat at a table until about 12:20 and the "I'm here, prepare my order" button was still not active so I went inside and pushed my way through the mob at the mobile pickup counter. The cast member told me that the app was down. He asked for my order number, looked it up and told me he could complete it but that it would take at least 30 minutes or it hadn't been charged so we didn't need to wait. I told him to cancel it and we went to the quite place in California Adventure that used to be Whitewater Snacks (I forget the new name). I understand a glitch and would have been fine with all that, but two days later I got a notice on my app thanking me for my order and outlining the charges for the original order I was never able to complete. This isn't the one on my wife's account and app, this is the one on my phone where I never got to the page to review and complete my order. So there's an extra $50 the trip cost.

I loved the photopass when it worked. I have some great photos from Splash and other rides; however, about half the photos didn't load into the app. I took to taking pictures of the pictures so I could enter and reenter the photo codes. Some of them finally appeared a couple of days later and some never arrived.

Guardians of the Galaxy

I really liked Tower of Terror and thought they did such a great job with the theme. I was disappointed about the retheming. That is until I experienced it. I loved it and also think it is a positive change for the ride. I think the Twilight Zone theme was a scary for many kids who could otherwise enjoy the elevator drops and this fixes that. The ride is fun and upbeat and when we see Rockets shadow as he plugs in his device and the music starts... Well it was great.

Just so you know, the photopass part if you email them about the pictures they will help you out. When we first did it we ended up with someone else's picture coming up. I emailed them and next thing I know the correct picture was in the app for me with the wrong one removed. Since you have the numbers from the rides that probably will help as well. Also I would let them know you were charged for a meal you did not get.

As for Galaxy's Edge. We have seen Stormtroopers around more then anything with Chewie following behind that. That is both day and night. Sorry you didn't experience any of it. I know my husband was being questioned by Stormtroopers the first time we went and I walked out of the Cantina with oldest to see it and snap a few pics. As well as he got pictures with Chewie before we decided to leave that day. I know its not much in the way of characters floating around at times and other times its more so.

Hopefully your trip had more good to it though then bad and that you still had a good time!