Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Turning 63 With the Mouse - A WDW Trip Report

Sorry it took forever to finish!

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

2. # ADS

Obviously I meant Skyliner. I know Skyrider wasn't right, but didn't have the energy to look it up!

- James Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    My last evening was back in Epcot to see the new show -

........................ Stuffed and happy, I sauntered around to the Coral Reef for a few martinis, then out to the World Showcase for the debut of Epcot Forever. I really enjoyed this show - not nearly as much as IllumiNations, but still a well done show. And that's the end of the day.
    Great report and pics as always! One question though - Martinis at Coral Reef? Isn't that normally at Rose and Crown for your routine?

I liked the new show too. While I've only seen it once so far, I initially think it's pretty good and might really hold to the "good view from any spot around the lagoon" idea. (I always thought IllumiNations was better from somewhere in the front half of the circle, just my opinion)
    -Dave

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    Sorry it took forever to finish!
    No apology necessary! The taking the effort to write one up is good enough, at least in my book! (I have taken notes probably almost all of my trips, but never prioritized doing a decent trip report.... maybe someday.)
    -Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post
    Great report and pics as always! One question though - Martinis at Coral Reef? Isn't that normally at Rose and Crown for your routine?
    Good catch! Yeah, Rose & Crown is Martini Central!!!
    - James Taylor

I really need to try a scotch egg. Everytime I see one of your pictures of one, I tell myself I have to go get one. Then I get to Epcot and forget all about it.

Missing Disneyland, but looking forward to Disney World!

Don't forget - you won't be sorry!

- James Taylor

I tried one after seeing one of Dan's pics too. They are really tasty.

Not good for me, I am sure, but they taste really good!

-Dave

Quote Originally Posted by jrsharp21 View Post
    I really need to try a scotch egg. Everytime I see one of your pictures of one, I tell myself I have to go get one. Then I get to Epcot and forget all about it.
    They are super easy to make if you want to try - they are a semi-regular holiday or once in a great while dish in our home, albeit I don't eat them, but my husband & sons LOVE them.
    Mrs. Slocombe is my spirit animal

www.snortrescue.org

www.merlotcottage.net

Quote Originally Posted by ericles View Post
    They are super easy to make if you want to try - they are a semi-regular holiday or once in a great while dish in our home, albeit I don't eat them, but my husband & sons LOVE them.
    I have been looking at recipes online. I think I may have to try to make some to enjoy during Thanksgiving football!

Enjoyed your report. As always thanks for sharing.

Past Trips: 2006-POR; 2008-POP; 2009-CBR; 2010-VB/AKV Kidani; 2010-BLT; 2011-BWV; 2011-AKV Kidani; 2013-BCV/BLT; 2014-AKL Jambo (Concierge); 2015-SSR/OKW; 2016 BCV/AKV Kidani; 2018 BWV; 2019 Mar-BLT/Sept-AKV Jambo

Happy to do so!

- James Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by ericles View Post
    With inspiration from Dan's pics, I ended up making some scotch eggs for Thanksgiving. They turned out awesome. Loved them. Definitely going to have to try to get into Rose and Crown and try their's out when we go in January.

Oh good - glad it worked out for you!
    As of yesterday they are on our Christmas Day menu

Mrs. Slocombe is my spirit animal

www.snortrescue.org

www.merlotcottage.net

Glad to see I'm such a culinary inspiration!

- James Taylor