Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Crowd Level Questions

Crowd Level Questions

Looks like the old thread was closed so I thought I would open a new one.

I have been kind of watching ride wait times on the app for a few weeks and noticed today Sept 30th is pretty busy, longer than usual wait times. Anyone know of anything happening today at the park?

"If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

2. # ADS

It's the last day of the parade, so that always brings crowds. LAUSD is closed today and all passes are unblocked. I was there this morning, I saw three CMs singing in guests at the turnstile at the same time. It seems like everyone who could be at Disneyland today decided to go.

I know April is a crazy time with spring breaks going on and is a popular time to go, but what weekdays throughout April are typically the best? We are planning a trip for next year right now based on the 20th-24th as that looks like the week with lowest (fingers crossed) crowd forecast.

It all depends on if they have a resident ticket offer and when they blockout ends. And also if they do Food and Wine and when that ends. There is no formula like Mondays are always better than Tuesdays or two weeks after Easter is when the crowds die down.

Quote Originally Posted by HEYRywin View Post
    I know April is a crazy time with spring breaks going on and is a popular time to go, but what weekdays throughout April are typically the best? We are planning a trip for next year right now based on the 20th-24th as that looks like the week with lowest (fingers crossed) crowd forecast.
    Very general rule of thumb: The two weeks before and two weeks after Easter are the busiest of Spring Break, with the immediate week before and after having the peak crowds. But there is no magic formula and crowd calendars aren't very reliable for DLR anyway. And, as noted by AnotherJenny, Disney can always start some kind of promotion or event that will draw local crowds to up the numbers if they think those numbers are low.

Looks like Arizona's spring breaks are in the middle of March - good news for your April visit.

Going to DL Sunday and Monday (Oct.13 & 14th) and it looks like it will be crazy busy. Touring plans has crowd levels at at 10/10 yikes. Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated. I don't think we have ever been to DL with crowd levels that high.

Really straight forward, nothing earth shattering.

Go early. Use Maxpass, it will be worth the expense when it is that busy. Make reservations for dinner.

I have been during the summer on 10/10 days. Each of the above makes a world or difference.

Enjoy!

Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities. Truth isn't

13! How is that possible?

Quote Originally Posted by tinker3 View Post
    Going to DL Sunday and Monday (Oct.13 & 14th) and it looks like it will be crazy busy. Touring plans has crowd levels at at 10/10 yikes. Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated. I don't think we have ever been to DL with crowd levels that high.
    Lots of single rider lines, get there early as the first couple of hours is the best time of the day for busy days.

If Touring Plans is basing their prediction on Columbus Day Weekend the past two years, that was also Gay Days Weekend, which really increased the crowds. This year, Gay Days went back to being earlier in October (in fact, it was just this past weekend), so that should alleviate some of the crowd intensity.

I feel for those at the park this week with fall breaks going on. Wait times look crazy, over an hour for Haunted Mansion

Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    Very general rule of thumb: The two weeks before and two weeks after Easter are the busiest of Spring Break, with the immediate week before and after having the peak crowds. But there is no magic formula and crowd calendars aren't very reliable for DLR anyway. .
    This formula has only ever worked for early Easters. The mid to late April ones all bets are off as school breaks are then spread over a 6 week timeframe.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjhanksaz View Post
    Looks like Arizona's spring breaks are in the middle of March - good news for your April visit.
    Arizona schools don't move theirs with Easter. Someone else adjacent doesn't either.....Nevada maybe. Late April Easter just creates 6 weeks of Spring Break crowds at DL. Even the LA area ones are all over the board.

Quote Originally Posted by sjhanksaz View Post
    March until usually a week or 2 after Easter has come and gone is when crowds have picked up. Generally it seems to be a week or 2 into March but not always. We have a March birthday in the beginning of the month so spent many years going for that and luckily it was before the Spring Break rush comes in. LOL Yet it isn't jammed packed but just a little heavier on crowds.

While more then likely it will be busy, I say just go early each day. It may not be as bad as they are making it seem but just be prepared for heavy crowds. Make use of MaxPass and go early as was suggested already. Know what you want to hit first and what is most important to get on. After that go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    If Touring Plans is basing their prediction on Columbus Day Weekend the past two years, that was also Gay Days Weekend, which really increased the crowds. This year, Gay Days went back to being earlier in October (in fact, it was just this past weekend), so that should alleviate some of the crowd intensity.

Gay Days always lands the first weekend of October. It just happened to be that time last year that it was the same as Columbus Day The time frame when Columbus Day would happen is usually more around when those from Utah head this way if I remember that right. Either way though October has been one of the crazier times to go for years now because of the Halloween offerings and the mix of Gay Days with those off of school in nearby states.
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Love the advice, thanks all. We added maxpass and will be there at opening (we usually are anyway) I am thinking with Gay days last week and the Utah break not starting until Oct. 17th it might be slightly quieter than years past. Do California schools have Colombus day off typically?

Love the advice, thanks all. We added maxpass and will be there at opening (we usually are anyway) I am thinking with Gay days last week and the Utah break not starting until Oct. 17th it might be slightly quieter than years past. Do California schools have Colombus day off typically?
    Not any around my part of Orange County. I don't know if it will be quieter or not though. I looked at the times for today and it looks packed. Either way though I do hope you have fun.
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    Not any around my part of Orange County. I don't know if it will be quieter or not though. I looked at the times for today and it looks packed. Either way though I do hope you have fun.
    Just being in Disney is fun, I am sure it will be great, thank you.