Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Easy to reserve Disney Flex Annual Pass days???

Easy to reserve Disney Flex Annual Pass days???

We are thinking about possibly getting the Disney Flex Annual Pass

Just wanted to know if it's pretty easy to reserve a day 30 days out or do the days fill up early?

Thanks for your help in advance.

"If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

2. # ADS

From what I've heard from friends, it's pretty easy once you get the hang of it. The days open up 30 days out (I think), so you may see days that look like they are blocked/full, but they just aren't open yet. I think the only day so far that booked up ahead of time was July 4th. I haven't heard from anyone yet that they regret getting this pass. But there can be a bit of a learning curve to mastering the reservation system.

So far it has been super easy to make flex reservations. BUT, I think that this pass probably has the most appeal to Deluxe passholders who are unable to downgrade to this pass while their current pass is active. As those passes come up for renewal, I foresee the total number of Flex passholders will increase which could in turn make getting advanced reservations more difficult.

So far, we have two Flex passholders in my family, and will add one more as soon as a Deluxe pass expires. Of these, at least 1 pass will probably remain Flex even if/when it becomes more difficult to book trips. The other two could upgrade back to Deluxe if reservations become too difficult to get semi-spontaneously.

Quote Originally Posted by currence View Post
    As those passes come up for renewal, I foresee the total number of Flex passholders will increase which could in turn make getting advanced reservations more difficult.
    This, plus Disney doesn't say how many spots they release. I could be very few on some days.

And I think a lot of people will just buy see how cheap it is and not realize the restrictions until days start filling up.

I know this weekend my sister was trying to get a reservation and the site was down. When she bought the pass the ticket booth said they could not issue a blockout day pass and she had to use the app to make a reservation. When there are app or site errors, and there frequently are, it seems like Disney has no way to help.

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherJenny View Post
    I know this weekend my sister was trying to get a reservation and the site was down. When she bought the pass the ticket booth said they could not issue a blockout day pass and she had to use the app to make a reservation. When there are app or site errors, and there frequently are, it seems like Disney has no way to help.
    We have had this problem a number of times and usually we can get it to work on at least one phone, but that requires you to trust another person to also try to log in and make your reservations. Unfortunately, the two times we had the hardest time was right after we bought the pass, so we were already at the park and trying to get in.

... When she bought the pass the ticket booth said they could not issue a blockout day pass and she had to use the app to make a reservation...
    Other people have reported that the Flex Pass is the one AP that doesn't receive a blockout day ticket if you buy it on a blockout day like the other APs do. So just good to know in advance if you plan to purchase or upgrade on a day you are blocked out.

I know there have been block out tickets in this bring a friend special for the summer, but I thought they did away with block out tickets several years ago.

If you renew or upgrade on a day when your pass is otherwise blocked they give you a pass that says blockout exemption. But the point was they don't do that for flex. When there are app or site issues making a reservation, don't expect Disney to issue you any kind of exemption.

If you renew or upgrade on a day when your pass is otherwise blocked they give you a pass that says blockout exemption. But the point was they don't do that for flex. When there are app or site issues making a reservation, don't expect Disney to issue you any kind of exemption.
    Got it, thanks. I thought I was missing something.

My sister just made the point that we could just plan a trip mostly on days where you don't need a reservation. I had forgotten that without reservations it's basically a So Cal Select. If you mostly go on weekends and July and August, this may not be the pass for you. If most of your trips are during the week and adding an occasional Saturday or Sunday is a bonus, this should work for now.

My sister just made the point that we could just plan a trip mostly on days where you don't need a reservation. I had forgotten that without reservations it's basically a So Cal Select. If you mostly go on weekends and July and August, this may not be the pass for you. If most of your trips are during the week and adding an occasional Saturday or Sunday is a bonus, this should work for now.
    This is pretty much our typical. But with one child left at home and near the end of her high school years having the weekend flexibility may be really nice
    "If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney