Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: HalloweenTime 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Shortpix77 View Post
    Thank you for reminding me! I haven't been on that version, so I'll try to get her over there earlier (before the party starts) to see if she wants to do it or not. I'm thinking she's going to look up at the thing and be like "NOPE" but sometimes she's just a determined little being :-)

tea4two: We're going on October 24 :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    We're going Oct. 27th -- we'll have to report back and compare notes.
    We're in on the 29th through Nov 2nd. We got to do both day and night rides last year and loved them both(weirdly enough I never rode it when it was Tower of Terror LOL). Our younger son(21 now) hated it until he realized that he did not need to try to hold himself down in the seat and that part of the fun is the weightlessness and now he's all into it even posing during the picture! LOL

Darlene aka MotoGP Goddess

2. # ADS

So according to GothicRosie additional tickets for OBB have been opened up for Oct 13, 15, 17, 22, 24, 27, 29 and 31. Gotta call the ticket line to purchase

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NickP View Post
    So according to GothicRosie additional tickets for OBB have been opened up for Oct 13, 15, 17, 22, 24, 27, 29 and 31. Gotta call the ticket line to purchase
    I saw this on DisneylandToday as well.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

HalloweenTime 2019

Yes! Luckily I saw it on DFB yesterday and my bonus daughter(older son’s gf from HS who is still family 15yrs later lol) was able to call and get tickets for the Halloween night party. Her and her fianc were there last month but they had missed out on the party.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

We went to the Halloween party tonight (and I brought my Halloween porg with me) and had fun. We don't do pictures with the characters, but I do like seeing the various characters that are out. Our goals were mostly trick-or-treating, parade and World of Color: Villainous.

I found the treat trails to be a bit odd. Unlike at Disneyland where trails are mostly just in walkways, there were many trails here that were in various queue spaces. There was even one in Fillmore's in Carsland and one that went through the bread factory in the wharf area (I did love this little tidbit in that area.). I did like that in some of the treat trails, there were various villains in the middle of the trail. My favorite was the treat trail in Stage 17 in Hollywoodland because the character was fantastic in interacting with the guests.

We went through the little AP trail next to Goofy's ride on the pier and got our AP party magnet, which I really liked.

The party is listed as being sponsored by Mars Wrigley. Mars makes sense because of some of the candy we got, but I only associate Wrigley with gum, which they don't give out and don't even sell at the parks, so I don't know what else that Wrigley owns. This year, it seemed like there were many more instances of alternative snacks (goldfish crackers, apple crisps, sun chips, pirates booty) rather than just candy. There was one station that we found that gave away the Go-Go squeeze apple sauce, but when we went back later in the evening, they didn't have them anymore. Sadness. The treat trail that's listed on Buena Vista street didn't seem to be put up until after they were done sweeping the park of non-party guests. I think we noticed it there around 8pm. Overall, I came away with a lot of treats from tonight.

I'd been hearing about the villains trail (it's called Villains Grove and there are no treats there) in the Redwood Creek area. I'd also heard that the line can be extremely long, so we waited until late to go. I think we got in line around 10:15 and waited maybe 10 minutes or so. It was fine, and there were some cool effects, and if it was open during a normal day, I'd probably linger in a few areas, but I'm not entirely sure I got what the fuss was about. I certainly wouldn't have been happy if we'd had to wait 30 minutes or more.

We sort of saw the parade (there's only one showing) in that we were having dinner from Boardwalk and watched the parade from where we were sitting. It looked to be the same parade as last year, though the headless horseman pre-show seemed to go much faster this year. I was disappointed when the horseman pretty much just meandered last year.

There were two showings of Villainous. We caught the first show and since it wasn't nearly as crowded as a regular night, we got a pretty decent view. I absolutely loved the show. They did some cool effects with the water and lights and lasers and even some effects on the coaster, and we got to see characters we don't normally see in Disney shows. I also loved that there really was a coherent whole story to the show, which I don't feel any of the other World of Color shows have had. I haven't been a particular fan of World of Color, though I've come to appreciate it, and I like certain segments, but I think Villainous is my favorite overall World of Color show. If it was showing every night during Halloweentime, I'd make an effort to see it several times.

Some people have asked about Fastpass and wait times for rides. Fastpass is not in operation during the party but Fastpasses are accepted right up until the regular operating day ends at 6pm and the party starts. I didn't pay that much attention to ride times, but the two times we went through the treat trail near Soarin', the wait times were 10 minutes and 15 minutes. The wait time for Guardians after dark was quite a bit longer. Right around 6pm, the wait time was 90 minutes but that included non-party guests, as they were allowing non-party guests to enter the standby line right up until 6pm. Unless you happen to have a Fastpass for that 5pm to 6pm hour, I'd suggest doing the after dark version of the ride later in the evening. I didn't make it back there later to see what the wait time was when it was only party guests.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

I'm so ready to be there!! 14 days and counting. I am the same as you with the Headless Horseman last year. I am not even sure I would call it a "meander". LOL Love your Punkin' Porg!

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post

The party is listed as being sponsored by Mars Wrigley. Mars makes sense because of some of the candy we got, but I only associate Wrigley with gum, which they don't give out and don't even sell at the parks, so I don't know what else that Wrigley owns.
    I believe Mars Wrigley is the parent name. Mars & Berkshire Hathaway did a buyout of Wrigley about 10 years ago.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by currence View Post
    I believe Mars Wrigley is the parent name. Mars & Berkshire Hathaway did a buyout of Wrigley about 10 years ago.
    Oh, I didn't know. Thanks for the info!

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Anyone who has already gone to Oogie Boogie Bash (cstephens!): What time can you enter DCA with the event ticket? I thought previous years was 3pm, but the website says "up to" four hours before the party start time, which would be 2pm for the party this Thursday. I can't find a time anywhere on my ticket or in my confirmation email, and the "up to" verbiage is giving me pause and making me wonder if it varies per date? Help me out if you know, please!

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Anyone who has already gone to Oogie Boogie Bash (cstephens!): What time can you enter DCA with the event ticket? I thought previous years was 3pm, but the website says "up to" four hours before the party start time, which would be 2pm for the party this Thursday. I can't find a time anywhere on my ticket or in my confirmation email, and the "up to" verbiage is giving me pause and making me wonder if it varies per date? Help me out if you know, please!
    I thought it was 3 hours like in prior years but the husband noticed the same as you, that the ticket didn't say. We went on a Sunday, with a 6pm start, and we went through the turnstile around 2:50, and they had everything set up already for registration, wristband and bag and map pickup, so I'm not sure. Do you have a Twitter account? If so, you can ask DisneylandToday there. If not, I can do it for you. They're pretty good at responding to direct questions.

According to the Disneyland website page for Oogie Boogie Bash, it says 4 hours. I thought they had added the hour over the last year or 2 but can't remember.

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

HalloweenTime 2019

It depends on the day. Some days are 3 and some are 4. 3hrs on Tuesday and Thursday and 4hrs on Sunday. 4hrs also on the 29th and 31st parties. That’s the info I found on the Disney page under “Know Before You Go”.

I think the earliest entrance that I've read for parties on weekdays is sometime around 2:45/2:50 pm for a OBB that started at 6 pm (so assume the early entry time would be 3 pm). Turnstile CMs were being more strict about this earlier in the season, but now I haven't read that they're being quite such sticklers.
    By the way, what are your costumes?

Here ya' go... Right from the website

"Admission, Tickets, Parking and Disney PhotoPass

Event ticket provides admission to Disney California Adventure Park up to 3 hours prior to the event’s start time on Tuesdays or Thursdays or 4 hours on Sundays as well as October 29 and 31, 2019.
    Tickets are only valid for one specific event date and hours."

Thanks everyone! I knew I had to be missing it somewhere, but it was not being obvious for me :-) 3:00 it is! Also, I just checked the forecast and we could NOT have chosen a hotter day, lol. Nothing says Halloween like temperatures over 90...

Blog Entries
    Thanks everyone! I knew I had to be missing it somewhere, but it was not being obvious for me :-) 3:00 it is! Also, I just checked the forecast and we could NOT have chosen a hotter day, lol. Nothing says Halloween like temperatures over 90...
    Yeah I was wondering about that for you and the fam. Anaheim was hottest location in the country on Monday. My daughter is coming in for Wed/Thur. Have fun and stay cool!

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

I noticed that too and at so glad we’re in next week. Lol. Although last year it got into the 80s on Halloween and our younger son’s costume was a long leather duster jacket and leather pants with a blond wig. Lol. He was sweating like crazy. Lol

Blog Entries

Ugh! The headless horseman statue is not lit tonight. Do they only light it (eyes and smoke) on party nights?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    Ugh! The headless horseman statue is not lit tonight. Do they only light it (eyes and smoke) on party nights?

It turns out they were late in turning on the lighting.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program

The party was so great! Also, apparently my 4yo is braver than I give her credit for -- she asked over and over all night to go on Guardians and I finally gave in, and she loved it. Monsters and all! Lol. She can also do Soarin and Radiator Springs Racers now, hooray! Big kid rides :-)

She also lasted much longer than I thought she would -- we stayed until the party ended. The first World of Color was cancelled due to wind, and they started the second show twenty minutes late. I'm just glad they didn't cancel that one too! Kiddo really wanted to see it.

Only thing we didn't do was Villains Grove. I heard it was really well done, but without the appeal of candy I'm not sure the kiddo would've actually cared, and the line was crazy the whole night... Oh well! The dance party was fun and the Mickey show was cute. I also liked the immersive treat trails, especially the one in the Animation building with Oogie Boogie. The screens in there make that room an amazing trail location!

That's great that you and your daughter had a fun time! Hooray for big kid rides -- that's DLR progress! Our party is this Sunday -- time to make sure the costumes are prepped and ready to go!

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    The party was so great! Also, apparently my 4yo is braver than I give her credit for -- she asked over and over all night to go on Guardians and I finally gave in, and she loved it. Monsters and all! Lol. She can also do Soarin and Radiator Springs Racers now, hooray! Big kid rides :-)

She also lasted much longer than I thought she would -- we stayed until the party ended. The first World of Color was cancelled due to wind, and they started the second show twenty minutes late. I'm just glad they didn't cancel that one too! Kiddo really wanted to see it.
    So glad y'all had a good time. And how great that she got to go on those rides and enjoyed them.

I was at Disneyland on Thursday night and noticed how bad the winds were. I didn't think they cancelled World of Color for wind, but maybe I was thinking about rain. I'm glad you got to see the second show. Did you enjoy it? It's my favorite of the World of Color shows.

Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    That's great that you and your daughter had a fun time! Hooray for big kid rides -- that's DLR progress! Our party is this Sunday -- time to make sure the costumes are prepped and ready to go!
    So how was it? Did you guys enjoy yourselves?

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    So glad y'all had a good time. And how great that she got to go on those rides and enjoyed them.

I was at Disneyland on Thursday night and noticed how bad the winds were. I didn't think they cancelled World of Color for wind, but maybe I was thinking about rain. I'm glad you got to see the second show. Did you enjoy it? It's my favorite of the World of Color shows.
    I think it's because the wind would turn World of Color into a bit of a tsunami for the spectators? Or maybe it messes with the imagery if the wall of water doesn't stay where it's supposed to. It was REALLY windy though, so people kind of understood why. I heard disappointment, but none of the usual complaining about Disney being cheap or lazy, haha. We really loved the show! I loved the little girl character they created for it, and the focus on the villains was fun without being too scary for the littles.

So how was it? Did you guys enjoy yourselves?
    It was really fun! Not the same as being in DL, but still lots of fun. Very spread out though -- it felt like much more walking, so I'm glad we went with comfortable costumes and super comfortable shoes. (Reused our Newsies outfits because of the cooler temps and not being sure about how the party would work out in DCA.) Loved the Villains Grove -- hope they do it again and that you get to see it next year! Super immersive and so beautiful -- the sprites from Brave invite you in and keep drawing you deeper and deeper into the Grove. Got some fun photos with rare characters: Blue Fairy and Pinocchio, Snow White and Dopey, Shan Yu, Big Bad Wolf. Loved the immersive treat trails -- Oogie and Mad Hatter were in especially fine form with guests. Were you able to hit the AP treat trail? It was so hidden by Goofy's Sky School that we almost missed it. Learned a new favorite: IC during WOC! (By the way, the long line for the Villains Grove gets much shorter during the WOC shows.) Ended the evening with Starbucks and people watching by the fountain at Carthay Circle.