Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: HalloweenTime 2019

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

HalloweenTime 2019

HalloweenTime is a big enough event that I thought I'd start a separate thread for it.

The lobby of the Grand Californian Hotel has a HalloweenTime sculpture again this year. Here are pics from last weekend, when they first started putting it up. A lot more work has been done since last week. They're expected to finish by Tuesday.

They have Halloween treats available for purchase in the lobby area as well. The cookie shots are really good.

And there's a meet and greet for the amazing artists who made the sculpture.

I also love the Halloween decor in the lobby.

Not really HalloweenTime related per se, but rather regarding the Haunted Mansion's 50th, there are some nice photo ops at the Disneyland Hotel.

Speaking of the Haunted Mansion, we attended the new Haunted Mansion themed classic afternoon tea at the Disneyland Hotel yesterday and had a great time. Pics are here, here and here. The Haunted Mansion tea runs through the first week of November.

We got to ride Haunted Mansion Holiday yesterday, and I loved the new gingerbread house. And I found the monkey bride on our second ride. There also seem to be some new decorations / gift wrappings in the attic. I'll need to take a better look next time because I was so pre-occupied with finding the monkey bride.

We got to see the Halloween Screams fireworks last night and really enjoyed it.

On a different note, I'm not a fan of the new "pumpkins" on display in Downtown Disney.

We didn't get a chance to try any of the HalloweenTime treats - and there are a lot of them! I'm glad that the bacon cheddar ale soup is back at Pacific Wharf, and the third bread pudding flavor there has been released - maple bacon bread pudding.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

2. # ADS

We went last Friday and didn't try any of the food offerings. Will next time for sure since we should have more of a chance ourselves. BTW, agree about those pumpkins in DTD. I don't mind different varieties of pumpkins but they look a little to bright for fall. At least in the picture they do.

BTW, I actually got to the Alice tea in August. Was able to get my MIL and daughter to go. MIL loves Alice in Wonderland. We enjoyed it. They had the Haunted Mansion decor when we went as well. Going to try to plan to do the Christmas one and decided to pass on the Halloween one. Glad I did after seeing the food flavors. They do a great job though with how everything looks though!

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    Going to try to plan to do the Christmas one and decided to pass on the Halloween one.
    The Christmas tea is supposedly themed to Frozen.

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    The Christmas tea is supposedly themed to Frozen.
    If that is true then I will be making sure to plan that into things.
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

I always look forward to your Halloween pictures and reports! Every year we go ON Halloween(to the party also) and every year I tell myself that I am going to schedule it in Sept/Early Oct to be able to get some Halloween merchandise but then I never do. LOL By the time we get there pretty much everything is picked over and no special things left. Maybe next year. LOL This year we are taking the whole family which is my husband, myself, our 30yr old son, his 25yr old GF and our 21yr old son and staying at our Home away from Home GC. Our oldest son has not been since 2008 so he has a lot to catch up on(plus neither he or Hanna have ever stayed at the GC so we got them their own room for 2 of the 4 nights we are there as a surprise for them. They don't know yet... LOL)

Darlene aka MotoGP Goddess

That will be fun with them along. Especially when the oldest hasn't been for so long. It will be fun seeing him check out all the things he hasn't seen since the last time. What a nice surprise for them as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    That will be fun with them along. Especially when the oldest hasn't been for so long. It will be fun seeing him check out all the things he hasn't seen since the last time. What a nice surprise for them as well!
    Thanks! We're all looking forward to it and I am sure when they realize they have their own room it will be even better. LOL I love my family but 5 adults in one room for 5d/4n plus needing to get ready and into costumes is just too much togetherness for me to take. LOL Now for me to just get my Mad Madam Mim costume sewn! I've been putting it off during the house restoration(April to September restoring my 90yr old house) because it's too difficult to focus on sewing with construction going on and now I need to get my butt moving! LOL

Darlene aka MotoGP Goddess

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If it makes any difference - I went to the park yesterday for a few hours in the late afternoon and it was quite crowded. Not huge - but most major attractions were 60 minutes wait and the many walkways were slow to pass. The Coco show was 6 or 7 deep all the way around. So it was a solid day but not jam packed (well, unless you count the AP line for the button - 90 minutes... )

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    Further to this, the elevators at the Disneyland Hotel have some hitchhiking ghosts on the doors and inside the elevators too.

The Oogie Boogie Halloweentime sculpture in the lobby of the Grand Californian is finished.

Some pics from Haunted Mansion Holiday but not of the gingerbread house so as not to spoil it - here, hatbox ghost, and pumpkin angel trumpeter.

I'm not a fan of the fake weird colored pumpkins in Downtown Disney, so I was happy to see actual pumpkins as decorations. I also love the "candy corn" hanging floral and the hidden Mickey hanging florals.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

While we were at the Disneyland Hotel for tea yesterday, a friend mentioned another Haunted Mansion photo op backdrop that I hadn't seen, so I went to take a look. Pretty awesome.

I had the cheddar bacon ale soup at Pacific Wharf for dinner yesterday, and it was just as good as it always is. Glad to have it back on the menu but I don't see why it can't be there all the time!

Got a chance to try the maple bacon bread pudding at Pacific Wharf, the third in a series of seasonal bread pudding flavors they've had there in the past several months. It was pretty yummy, I think my favorite of the three, though, is still the first one, the lemon blueberry bread pudding.

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I really loved the maple bacon flavor. I missed the lemon blueberry and that's too bad. One of my favorite flavor combinations.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Gotta try that soup! Putting that at the top of the list for our next visit.