We are headed to WDW in January for the half marathon. Looking at room options for those dates. We have travel often this summer due to my son's baseball. What I am noticing that with a family of four (me, my wife, daughter 20, son 14) a normal hotel room (standard 2 queen bed room) just isn't enough space for us anymore. I have been looking at the DoubleTree Suites in the Disney Springs area. Having that extra sitting room with the pull out sleeper sofa is really nice. Gives us a chance to spread out a little. But of course the family wants to stay at a Disney World Resort. I think we outgrown the value resorts. They are fine when it is just me and my daughter doing our annual trip together, but we are needing more space. I have been looking at the moderate resorts but even they seem limited in space.

The family thinks that if we go to the Disney Springs area hotels that the experience won't be the same. That it's just not the same feel as being at a Disney World Resort. Has anyone stayed at the Disney Springs hotels and what are your thoughts? Any thoughts on the Double Tree?