Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: The Best Thing I Ever Ate at Disney's Animal Kingdom

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

The Best Thing I Ever Ate at Disney's Animal Kingdom

The Best Thing I Ever Ate at Disney's Animal Kingdom by Roan Poulter

Restaurant review of the dining options at the Walt Disney World park.

Read it here!

2. # ADS

For me at AK, everything "food" revolves around Flame Tree BBQ. Is it the best BBQ? No. Is it the only place you can really find good BBQ at WDW? Yes. And so you can find me there on every trip to AK.

Working for Disney. No, no. Working (in a Modesto office) for (the money to take a trip to) Disney (World/Land)

WDW Trips: June 2002, Feb 2004, Dec 2006, Dec 2008, Jan 2010, Feb 2011, Dec 2012
    Disneyland Trips: Feb 2006, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, Feb, March, June 2015 (x2), Nov 2015

Love eating at Flame Tree and getting one of the tables that looks across the water at Everest... That's a really nice view while enjoying the meal.

I tried the mac and cheese at 8 Spoon after someone recommended it (possibly here on MP), though I've only tried the one with the shrimp so far (I like it enough I might find it hard to shift over to the pulled pork version, but I will try one day!)

My only complaint with some of the small kiosks like 8 Spoon and Mr. Kamal's is that they often have somewhat limited hours. If you are looking for a quick bite later in the day, you may be out of luck. (luckily Flame Tree is pretty much always open )

For non-alcoholic cool down drinks, I've got to admit I like the Night Blossom (slushie type drink) they have at Pongu Pongu snacks in Pandora. There is an alcoholic version too called the Rum Blossom, but I've not tried that version.

-Dave

We are Yak &Yeti and Tiffins fans.

MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    Blog Entries

Yak and Yeti is not fine dining. Also, there didn't seem to be a recommendation for a drink. If the best drink you have ever had is Bud Light...