Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Disneyland Resort Update for August 5 - August 11, 2019

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Disneyland Resort Update for August 5 - August 11, 2019

Disneyland Resort Update for August 5 - August 11, 2019 by Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix

Disneyland celebrates Haunted Mansion 50th Anniversary | Here we glow again | Passholders save 40% during Pop-Up Disney's final month | Two more Oogie Boogie Bashes sell out | This and That...

Read it here!

2. # ADS

DLs Haunted Mansion opened the same day as the Tate murders. I never knew/ realized that as both events are in the news at this time. Kind of sobering thought, at least it is to me. I mean I could imagine the horrific tragedy being talked about as people were waiting in line to experience the attraction as the news spread that day and the day after...

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

its very odd that they would redesign alien pizza planet and put the drink fill stations in the public area outside of the registers - then state that refills are no longer free. How do they expect to control that? Station a cast member there full time?

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    its very odd that they would redesign alien pizza planet and put the drink fill stations in the public area outside of the registers - then state that refills are no longer free. How do they expect to control that? Station a cast member there full time?
    Maybe RFID chips are now cheap enough they can include them in disposable cups? Wouldn't seem to environmentally friendly to put them on a one use cup, but technically that could be how to do it.

Pretty sure that's what they use on the refillable mugs people buy at resorts at WDW, and it's the reading of the chip that lets the soda dispense. So if they wanted to program them for one dispense only, that might work.

Just guessing here.

{edit: what I get for reading the comment before the actual update - oops!. I guess if the station is used for both the pass-holder refillable (for 99 cents) mugs and also single use drinks, it's more complicated. I'm actually not sure how they deal with that at WDW (never bought a refillable mug, nor observed how it works for single drink purchases at locations where the refillable mugs are valid)}
    -Dave