Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Disneyland Resort Update for July 9-14, 2019

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Disneyland Resort Update for July 9-14, 2019

Disneyland Resort Update for July 9-14, 2019 by Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix

Disney Gallery hosts Haunted Mansion exhibit | Passport and parking renewal options | Pixar parking puzzle; Downtown Disney lot closes | Toon Town fight goes viral | This and That...

Read it here!

2. # ADS

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

On the parking lights I noticed they counted a lot of the areas next to pillars as parking spaces - when in Fact it's not a space. Seems like any place not covered as a car is a space.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Not mentioned by most media is that they now have electric charging on the 3rd floor of Pixar as well as a few additional spaces on the 2nd floor. It's great that they have increased the total number of spaces, but is a bit unfortunate that they are now on multiple floors, as it is impossible to change levels once assigned. We have been parked on the 3rd floor the two times we've gone since Pixar parking opened. The first time I arrived early and was able to get a charging space. The second time, it was a lot later, and all of the spots were full. The Cast members seem to have no way of knowing if there are open chargers on either floor so I'm not sure what (if any) is their logic on what floor they are sending electric cars.

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

that reminds me of another point. IN most shopping centers the lights for open spaces are great because if its really busy you can search easily. In the Disney model they still require staff to get you the a certain floor and you need to stay there because there is no way for you to switch floors. That may mean you travel from M&F to Pixar Pals and or vice versa to find a space later in the day. You would think that the space marking system can provide a number of open spaces on each floor for CMs to direct folks. Im assuming they have this. Growing pains with any new system - but could the exit thing (and the charging thing) be the "wrong way" design issue that M&F suffered.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney