Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: My Disney Top 5 - Things to Love About the PeopleMover at the Magic Kingdom

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

My Disney Top 5 - Things to Love About the PeopleMover at the Magic Kingdom

My Disney Top 5 - Things to Love About the PeopleMover at the Magic Kingdom by Chris Barry

Chris boards the PeopleMover for a trip around the Magic Kingdom's Tomorrowland.

Read it here!

2. # ADS

Hey Chris,
    Thanks again for another thought provoking Top 5 article. Enjoyed it as always.
    We have always had a good time riding the People Mover. The #1 reason we like it is because it is usually available without too long a wait, and #2 is how long it is. Gives us a chance to relax and strategize.
    Would have been awesome to have it go around more of the park. Maybe all the way around? Might take too long but it really is a great way to enjoy the scenery.
    Thanks again and see you soon at WDW.
    Chuck

One of my favorite things about the PeopleMover is the sound system. Instead of speakers in each ride vehicle, they are overhead. As you ride through, you hear the narration, a short clip on a continuous loop. Im told that if you stand underneath the track near the entrance to Space Mountain, that you will hear the same blurb over and over, like a broken record! Will have to test that theory on my upcoming trip!

I love this ride! And like other posters, I like how relaxing it is, giving you a tour of Tomorrowland with the futuristic music. I remember having my 1yo daughter on it while the rest of the family did Space Mt. We just kept looping on it. No lines and lots of theming - that's a great attraction right there.

I just wish they still had this at DL. How many time have I wandered through the cattle rush of DL Tomorrowland, wish I could take in the ambiance of this area on a PeopleMover.

Working for Disney. No, no. Working (in a Modesto office) for (the money to take a trip to) Disney (World/Land)

WDW Trips: June 2002, Feb 2004, Dec 2006, Dec 2008, Jan 2010, Feb 2011, Dec 2012
    Disneyland Trips: Feb 2006, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, Feb, March, June 2015 (x2), Nov 2015