Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: October 13-18 Happenings?

October 13-18 Happenings?

I was surprised to see a few hotels completely booked during the week of October 13-18. They are open the weeks before and the weeks after. Also the rates for the hotels that are taking reservations are higher than normal. I know some schools have Monday off for Indigenous People's Day (aka Columbus Day). The convention center has MRI Software and then CoreNet events happening which don't seem like huge crowd draws. So that leaves me to wonder if something is happening at the park like Cheerleading comps? Anyone know of happenings that might mean more people that week?

TIA

2. # ADS

Some local schools have the whole week off, not just the Monday. That can bring in crowds to the parks -- it was noticeable last year. Toward the end of the week, you might be seeing families from UT coming in for their fall break.

Traditionally UEA, although I'm seeing the convention is cancelled, there is still a fall break on their school calendar. So Utah invades California. My quick Google search for this year's dates show some Utah school boards are looking to take that break off their calendar for 20-21.

Oogie Boogie Halloween party on the 13th, 15th and 17th. I don't know that Disney has ever hosted cheer championships in CA, I only know that they have them in Orlando.

Darlene aka MotoGP Goddess

Quote Originally Posted by LdyApxr View Post
    Oogie Boogie Halloween party on the 13th, 15th and 17th. I don't know that Disney has ever hosted cheer championships in CA, I only know that they have them in Orlando.
    They happen at the convention center usually and frequently. Which inundates the park.