Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: miscellanous food and experiences

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well I guess I was only aware of the blue lemon in June. Too bad for me.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

2. # ADS

Had a new item from Smokejumpers Grill in DCA today that is not on the menu yet. Its called the Signature Mac n Cheese. Its got green chili Mac and cheese, pork belly pieces, cornbread, chipotle crema, and green onions. You can get it with a side of fries or onion rings and the cost is $12.49.

Was super yummy but just be aware if you dont like spiciness the Mac and cheese has a good kick to it!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by indiejones33 View Post
    Had a new item from Smokejumpers Grill in DCA today that is not on the menu yet. Its called the Signature Mac n Cheese. Its got green chili Mac and cheese, pork belly pieces, cornbread, chipotle crema, and green onions. You can get it with a side of fries or onion rings and the cost is $12.49.

Was super yummy but just be aware if you dont like spiciness the Mac and cheese has a good kick to it!
    That sounds great - and not In a bread bowl for once (though I like them, change of pace is good too)

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

The mac & cheese is on the menu online and appears to have replaced the jackfruit sandwich. So sorry vegetarians and vegans, back to the Disney veggie burger.

Are they still doing the mobile ordering AP buttons at DCA?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NickP View Post
    When announced there was no deadline date posted. Just said "while supplies last"

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    They just announced new buttons being available.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Yup just coming here to post that. No word if last months button are still around but I will make a point of checking when I am there this weekend!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    3 DCA and one Disneyland Hotel. #APspleasecomethoughnotdisneyland

Blog Entries

Fantasia Ice Cream returns 8/2

Posted on Josh D'Amaro's instagram - Fantasia Ice Cream returns to Gibson Girl on Friday, 8/2. tied to the return of MSEP. So it may not be here for long.

for those that dont know - fantasia is a combination of cherry, pistachio, and banana ice creams with walnuts and cherries inside.

When Disneyland AP posted about the buttons on their FB I asked if the old locations still had buttons, surprisingly they private messaged me back that the old locations are out of stock, done with the promo

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    3 DCA and one Disneyland Hotel. #APspleasecomethoughnotdisneyland
    Yeah, but that makes sense. Deluxe APs are blocked out of DL until mid-August. Why have an AP promotion at DL when they can't go?

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

haha yeah, pretty sure that's why he made the hashtag he did

Blog Entries
    haha yeah, pretty sure that's why he made the hashtag he did
    Right. I know they can't get into dl. But they want folks to still come out despite the blocked park - so whip up a button campaign. It's cute - I've been collecting - but u can see why it's done. Gotta keep them happy and occupied.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    I had some yesterday. Very tasty - though it was partially melted when served so I had soup for my last quarter of cup.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    I had some yesterday. Very tasty - though it was partially melted when served so I had soup for my last quarter of cup.
    I think I might have asked for a different serving if I was given partially melted ice cream.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    The husband had Fantasia ice cream in a waffle cup. The waffle cups come in red, blue and green. Not sure if you can get a non-colored waffle cup. I got a different flavor ice cream and a waffle cup, and the waffle cup was still colored. Knowing that, I'd probably not get a waffle cup during this promotion as I don't need the added color.

I had the spicy fried chicken sandwich at Carnation Cafe which is part of the Electrical Parade promotion. The spicy chicken was good, but I wasn't fond of the watery slaw or the 1000 island dressing on the bread.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Saw the Electrical Parade tonight. It's still a lot of fun, and that opening music just really gets you. I was sad that the centipede no longer seems to be in the parade.

... I was sad that the centipede no longer seems to be in the parade.
    Oh no!

Blog Entries
    Saw the Electrical Parade tonight. It's still a lot of fun, and that opening music just really gets you. I was sad that the centipede no longer seems to be in the parade.
    But it was there during the parks blog live stream - so maybe it was just out of commission when u saw it.

See 17:50
    https://youtu.be/McH67IumAPk

I saw him on Wednesday night at the late parade.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I should have worded my post differently. No sign of the centipede on my viewing so I presumed it was gone. One of the times I saw the parade on its prior incarnation, it was in bad shape - none of its legs were lit - so I figured it was gone permanently.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Saw the first Electrical Parade tonight and was happy to see the centipede back!

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

From last week:

There's a new entrance and marquee for the Sunset Showcase Theatre and Philharmagic, next to Award Weiners.

Fun to see Mary Poppins and Bert riding the carousel.

We had brunch at Storytellers Cafe for the first time in quite some time. Didn't know that they'd remodeled the buffet line a bit. The food was good as usual, and we had fun with the characters.