Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: miscellanous food and experiences

I love when Mary Poppins is on the carousel. Husband and I did a date night in Disneyland Friday. It seemed like a lot of people in parts but nowhere near what I thought it would be and lines were short for most rides. He couldn't remember if he had been on Hyperspace or not since he hasn't had a pass in years so made sure to do that for him. We grabbed a late meal at Rancho del Zocalo since it was nearby in the moment.

BTW, I had picked up for myself recently 2 new Loungefly purses made for the parks. Both for the Haunted Mansion's 50th, Hatbox Ghost and the other one.

And not Disney parks but Target started putting out some merchandise for the Haunted Mansion's 50th as well. I have yet to see the POP figures. Only the t-shirts. I came across this little bowl and spoon set this afternoon in one of the Targets here.

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

2. # ADS

Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar
    How did the seating area for Award Wieners change, since this goes through part of what used to be there?
    Pam
    DL trips: too many to remember actual dates, but they began in the 60s!
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pammer View Post
    How did the seating area for Award Wieners change, since this goes through part of what used to be there?
    It's essentially where the queue for muppetvision was.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

miscellanous food and experiences

I saw the HM Pops in our Target (San Luis Obispo) on Friday. I would’ve totally bought Madame Leota but they didn’t have her in stock.

-- Cindy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chahn View Post
    I saw the HM Pops in our Target (San Luis Obispo) on Friday. I wouldve totally bought Madame Leota but they didnt have her in stock.
    The Funko website tells you where each item can be found (hot topic, target, etc)

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    The Funko website tells you where each item can be found (hot topic, target, etc)

We were in a few different malls over the weekend and no one had anything Haunted Mansion aside from the few things in Target we saw.

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

According to the menu on Disney's site the philly sandwich at Award Wieners is now a plant based philly dog. For years I wished they'd add a veggie dog, because many of the toppings on special items were otherwise vegetarian. I can't day that I have any plans to actually eat there again, because the veggie sandwich was pretty one and done for me, but if a really good special comes out, I might try it now.

Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar
    It's essentially where the queue for muppetvision was.
    OK - thanks!
    Pam
    DL trips: too many to remember actual dates, but they began in the 60s!
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Saw the first showing of Electrical Parade last night. Centipede was missing again. Evil stepmother was also missing from the float with the evil stepsisters. And is the prince supposed to be there with the glass slipper too? Cause the stepsisters were the only ones on the float.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    Saw the first showing of Electrical Parade last night. Centipede was missing again. Evil stepmother was also missing from the float with the evil stepsisters. And is the prince supposed to be there with the glass slipper too? Cause the stepsisters were the only ones on the float.
    wow - those entertainment budget cuts are hitting hard!

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    wow - those entertainment budget cuts are hitting hard!
    Really?

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

The husband saw the first Electrical Parade last night. He said the centipede and the prince were back. When I asked about the evil stepmother, he said she's not in this parade. She's in the Christmas parade. So apparently, I don't know this parade well enough to know that she wasn't missing.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

This isn't about Disneyland but I thought people might be interested since there are so many food-related occasions at Disneyland/DCA nowadays. We were at WDW last week, and it happened to be our first visit during Epcot's Food and Wine festival. If you're interested in seeing some of the items we tried, go to my Twitter page here and then type " @cstephens2 #tasteepcot " into the search engine on top. I don't know why all of my hashtagged posts aren't showing up, but most of them seem to be, so you can get an idea of what's available there. I have to admit, the plethora of choices was pretty overwhelming.

I also have a lot of stuff posted on my twitter page about our trip, but you'll have to wade through/scroll past my non-Disney posts to see them.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

A group of us had dinner at Cafe Orleans last night. I was surprised at how limited the entree menu was. I don't expect to go back anytime soon.

However, I did get a chance to try the charcuterie plate, which was actually quite good. I was very pleasantly surprised.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Wanted to mention this and didn't know where to put it so I'm sticking it here - Duke Kaboom has been put to use making popcorn. I laughed when I noticed this.

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    Wanted to mention this and didn't know where to put it so I'm sticking it here - Duke Kaboom has been put to use making popcorn. I laughed when I noticed this.
    I saw that yesterday! So cute.

Does anyone know if Jamba Juice in DtD uses mobile ordering? I can't tell if the app is telling me it's unavailable because they don't or because I'm 400 miles away.

ETA: nevermind, I just read the park update saying it's closed for renovation.

Last edited by candles71; 11-20-2019 at 10:21 AM.

As I know many ask about Vegan options, my friend is currently at DL and they dined at Lamplight last night. They veganized both the nachos and the ratatouille for her. Both were delicious she said and the server offered tofu for the ratatouille, which she said was nicely grilled and perfect. The nachos has black beans, roasted veggies and vegan cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    As I know many ask about Vegan options, my friend is currently at DL and they dined at Lamplight last night. They veganized both the nachos and the ratatouille for her. Both were delicious she said and the server offered tofu for the ratatouille, which she said was nicely grilled and perfect. The nachos has black beans, roasted veggies and vegan cheese.
    That's awesome! We've had great experiences with Lamplight accommodating food allergies as well. I went with a friend who is allergic to garlic and onions (yikes, I know), and they were wonderful in helping her find something that worked.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Rescue Rangers purse with Zipper hanging on the side there. Since that was done I am hoping for a cute Darkwing Duck purse to come along.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

We had lunch at Tangaroa Terrace yesterday, first time since they've re-done the restaurant. I enjoyed the ramen, and the husband enjoyed the pupu platter.