Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Batuu Boot Camp - What you need to know before your first visit to the Black Spire Ou

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Batuu Boot Camp - What you need to know before your first visit to the Black Spire Ou

Batuu Boot Camp - What you need to know before your first visit to the Black Spire Outpost by Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix

8 tips to guide you through opening week

Read it here!

2. # ADS

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Question - Cast members on other threads (Facebook group SWGE for one) have mentioned that you will not be allowed to line up for Smuggler's Run if you are within your last hour of the reservation window. I can't believe its true - so I wanted to ask here to see if MP has heard anything about the limits of the window.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

I was at the Previews last night and the line for Smugglers Run was open all the way until the very end of our time slot. That being said, the wait time was only about 5 minutes at the end of the night, whereas it was 60 minutes at the start. So as suggested, it may be to your advantage to NOT go immediately to Smugglers run. Also note that there are no Fast Passes and as such the line moves quite quickly (we can only WISH that they NEVER open FastPass for this attraction). Even when the queue was close to full(without the extended queue) the wait was only about 30 minutes.
    The line for Oga's Cantina was long all night long. They do cut the line off once it reaches a certain length and then reopen it when it shortens up, so I would suggest trying to hit the line when they re-open it in order to make your wait time about half what it may be otherwise. Also be sure and stay long enough to see DJ Rex's "power outage". Lots of fun Star Tours references.
    If you are interested in the Green/Blue milk, don't waste your money on the Green. It smells like someone mixed all the chemicals under your kitchen sink and then threw in some herbs, and only tastes marginally better. The Blue milk is much tastier, though still not great in my opinion. I feel no need to try either one a second time.
    And as a final note, don't set your hopes too high for Smugglers Run. It's NOT the star attraction of this land. It's fun, it's cool, but by no means is it going to "knock your socks off".

------------------------------------------
    The Entrapment: A thrilling, escape room experience
    http://www.theentrapment.com

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by indyjones View Post
    I was at the Previews last night and the line for Smugglers Run was open all the way until the very end of our time slot. That being said, the wait time was only about 5 minutes at the end of the night, whereas it was 60 minutes at the start. So as suggested, it may be to your advantage to NOT go immediately to Smugglers run. Also note that there are no Fast Passes and as such the line moves quite quickly (we can only WISH that they NEVER open FastPass for this attraction). Even when the queue was close to full(without the extended queue) the wait was only about 30 minutes.
    The line for Oga's Cantina was long all night long. They do cut the line off once it reaches a certain length and then reopen it when it shortens up, so I would suggest trying to hit the line when they re-open it in order to make your wait time about half what it may be otherwise. Also be sure and stay long enough to see DJ Rex's "power outage". Lots of fun Star Tours references.
    If you are interested in the Green/Blue milk, don't waste your money on the Green. It smells like someone mixed all the chemicals under your kitchen sink and then threw in some herbs, and only tastes marginally better. The Blue milk is much tastier, though still not great in my opinion. I feel no need to try either one a second time.
    And as a final note, don't set your hopes too high for Smugglers Run. It's NOT the star attraction of this land. It's fun, it's cool, but by no means is it going to "knock your socks off".
    thanks for the update. Yeah - I expected SR to be good not blown away. its more about the sets and queue almost than the attraction. ROTR will be better. Although I am worried about motion sickness on the SR ride (I cant ride Star Tours - did it once to say I did it and then thats it). Would you say SR is the same as Star Tours, Less, or More motion?
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Smugglers run not as rough as Star Tours

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    thanks for the update. Yeah - I expected SR to be good not blown away. its more about the sets and queue almost than the attraction. ROTR will be better. Although I am worried about motion sickness on the SR ride (I cant ride Star Tours - did it once to say I did it and then thats it). Would you say SR is the same as Star Tours, Less, or More motion?
    I though SR was much less than Star Tours. It wasn't as rough and the movement was much less. Of the 3 times i rode the only time I felt any dizzyness at all was the final time and I was the pilot so you get more of the sense of the scene moving all around you rather than just in front of you. If you want to sit further back then try and be either an Engineer or a Gunner rather than the Pilot.

As for the queue, my only issue with the queue was that it was lifeless. It was a pretty huge maintenance bay with stuff all over, but nothing moved, no steam, no noise. I'm hoping that once the Play App stuff comes online that lots of stuff will be happening in that queue, but there was nothing when we went and that disappointed me.
    ------------------------------------------
    The Entrapment: A thrilling, escape room experience
    http://www.theentrapment.com

Blog Entries

Here's another question. Do all of the names have to match on the reservation or only the one who made the reservation. I think it matters but I have friends who say no you jus need to bring ID. Frankly I saw that's why u need the ID - to match the names. Just curious what others thought or experienced.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by indyjones View Post
    If you are interested in the Green/Blue milk, don't waste your money on the Green. It smells like someone mixed all the chemicals under your kitchen sink and then threw in some herbs, and only tastes marginally better. The Blue milk is much tastier, though still not great in my opinion.
    I still need to try the green milk from the milk stand. I tried the blue milk but it was just ok. I hadn't expected it to be a slushie, and it was kind of bland. I did, however, really like the Blue Bantha from Oga's Cantina, which is chilled blue milk, and it comes with a cookie. It's just liquid, no ice, so you just get the milk flavor and texture, and I really enjoyed that. The cookie was good too. It looked like a bantha's horn, and it tasted like a Girl Scout samoa cookie on a butter sugar cookie. I'd definitely get that again.

I can ride Star Tours on good days. I have nausea issues, so on bad days, I don't ride it. Star Tours is also less bouncy in the front than in the back rows. I didn't have an issue with Smugglers Run for the most part. I didn't ride twice in the same day, though, and I didn't pilot at all, so I don't know if that would make a difference one way or the other.

Here's another question. Do all of the names have to match on the reservation or only the one who made the reservation. I think it matters but I have friends who say no you jus need to bring ID. Frankly I saw that's why u need the ID - to match the names. Just curious what others thought or experienced.
    The person whose name the reservation is under has to be there. Anyone else listed on the registration can be there and get the wristband, but if you're not on the registration, you don't get to go in. All of us had to show our ID and our admission media, which we thought was weird, to get our wristband. The CM seemed to check each of our names with a list on her screen. One of our group couldn't be there, so of course, they didn't go, but we wouldn't have been able to substitute someone in that person's absence.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Although I am worried about motion sickness on the SR ride (I cant ride Star Tours - did it once to say I did it and then thats it). Would you say SR is the same as Star Tours, Less, or More motion?
    Are you going to be able to ride Rise of the Resistance? I'm really looking forward to that, but I think that's gonna be harder for me. My understanding is that it's like Ratatouille at Disneyland Paris and Spiderman at Universal Orlando (or Islands of Adventure, I forget which) in that it's a combination of moving vehicle and projection.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    Are you going to be able to ride Rise of the Resistance? I'm really looking forward to that, but I think that's gonna be harder for me. My understanding is that it's like Ratatouille at Disneyland Paris and Spiderman at Universal Orlando (or Islands of Adventure, I forget which) in that it's a combination of moving vehicle and projection.
    Right! Give me old fashioned AAs please (though I know that's a pipe dream)

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk