Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: SWGE first impressions

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGoofyGuy View Post
    Does anybody know which rides in DL and CA will not allow you to ride if you are carrying a lightsaber in a Savi's case?
    I know for sure that Indiana Jones doesn't -- I volunteered to be the designated light saber holder for my group. The CMs did offer us the rider swap option though once we got to the front -- so I could've ridden with my friend once they finished and swapped with someone else to then be the saber holder.

2. # ADS

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

FYI for anyone who's been waiting - the deluxe lightsabre sheaths are back in stock at Dok's.

The turkey jerky (both the spicy and sweet) are still available at Ronto Roasters, but they're not listed on the main menu board anymore. There's a small sign on the counter.

Still no loth cats or porg in the creature stall.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Just came back from a 3 day trip. My wife caught the saber bug. Rey's Legacy Saber was calling to her! She got the shoulder Porg too, although they don't sell those in Batuu. We had to get that in "The Land Of Tomorrow". I bought one of the deluxe sheaths for my previously purchased Obi-Wan Legacy saber. They are way nicer than the Savi's sheaths. Also bought the Jedi Tunic and belt. Too hot to wear this trip. Good grief the temperatures were horrible. My wife bought a Rey belt as well. She's planning on making her own Rey vest and shirt so we can bound in December. I feel like the dark side is pulling at me though-The Kylo Ren saber is calling to me. LOL!

There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

The Disneyland Twitter and FB feeds posted a pic about the creature stall and all the available options there to adopt, and prominent in the picture were porg, and loth cats could be seen in the background. I went to the creature stall last night. Yeah, not a porg or loth cat to be seen.

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

But they got u to visit, right? Good marketing.. (though you were probably going anyway).

How about a puffer pig?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Stock photo to just reuse as they want I am sure. So they won't show how the merchandise is at this point that is there. SMH Daughter has the porg since she got it during our time there in June. Wouldn't mind a loth cat though added to the creatures we have. Yet it never surprises me when Disney doesn't stock things well or quicker. This has been going on for many years now.

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    But they got u to visit, right? Good marketing.. (though you were probably going anyway).

How about a puffer pig?
    Well, no, the marketing didn't work on me because yes, I was going anyway. And I would have been checking the creature stall anyway. I even commented on their FB post that they've been out of both for some time, and someone on Twitter asked about the availability of both, and they responded that you never know and to check with the person managing the stall. And if someone went because they saw that post and neither the porg featured prominently in the picture nor the loth cat was available, I think they'd be upset.

I think they have the puffer pig. I don't recall that ever being out of stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    Stock photo to just reuse as they want I am sure. So they won't show how the merchandise is at this point that is there. SMH Daughter has the porg since she got it during our time there in June. Wouldn't mind a loth cat though added to the creatures we have. Yet it never surprises me when Disney doesn't stock things well or quicker. This has been going on for many years now.
    I got the loth cat the first day I was there, and I've been resisting getting the porg. It's been a bit easier since they haven't been available for some time now there. I know it's not a lack of stock but rather in how they allocate it, because there were plenty of porg and loth cats at Galaxy's Edge in Hollywood Studios at WDW.

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    Well, no, the marketing didn't work on me because yes, I was going anyway. And I would have been checking the creature stall anyway. I even commented on their FB post that they've been out of both for some time, and someone on Twitter asked about the availability of both, and they responded that you never know and to check with the person managing the stall. And if someone went because they saw that post and neither the porg featured prominently in the picture nor the loth cat was available, I think they'd be upset.

I think they have the puffer pig. I don't recall that ever being out of stock.

I got the loth cat the first day I was there, and I've been resisting getting the porg. It's been a bit easier since they haven't been available for some time now there. I know it's not a lack of stock but rather in how they allocate it, because there were plenty of porg and loth cats at Galaxy's Edge in Hollywood Studios at WDW.
    Which seems to be typical.

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

I've seen the lothcat in stock in the morning and out of stock by the afternoon and vice versa. In the beginning they were getting restocks throughout the day and I'm guessing have no clue what was in the box. I'm not sure if they consistently sell enough all day long now, but I imagine that like most stores at DLR that they get new items at various times throughout the day and not consistently at the same time.

It would be disappointing to find something out of stock in the morning, buy something else, and then find out they got more later that day, though. And I'm sure that happens often.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sounded like fun. I've seen others who didn't do anything in the ship - just sat in the seats - and still got a couple of credits. This sounded a lot more interesting.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    Sounded like fun. I've seen others who didn't do anything in the ship - just sat in the seats - and still got a couple of credits. This sounded a lot more interesting.
    Everybody gets the first coaxial. Our right pilot didn't pull the hyperspace lever - it eventually does it automatically. Our engineers didn't fire the missiles - that eventually got done automatically. We'd figured out that you don't earn credits if you don't hit anything, but we'd also figured out that if you are on manual mode and fire and don't hit anything significant, you lose points that way. We earned 2,000 credits, probably for the one coaxial, but the damage we caused cost 5,000 credits, which is why we were net -3,000 credits, and yes, they took that out of the husband's account. He's got lots so he didn't care.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, at one point during our flight, we heard Hondo say "you are the worse gunners I've ever seen!". I was proud to be one of the gunners.

SWGE first impressions

I can't wait to see all of this at DL! Will be done for boo's 21st, so that's the first stop! hopefully the loth cats will be in stock!!did manage to get a ressies at Olga's for her birthday!

Quote Originally Posted by foolishmortal View Post
    I can't wait to see all of this at DL! Will be done for boo's 21st, so that's the first stop! hopefully the loth cats will be in stock!!did manage to get a ressies at Olga's for her birthday!
    That is what we did for our son's 21st in June. I was able to snag the reservations for getting into the land and made sure to get in the line for Oga's on his birthday. Have fun when you go!

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

I will never get why one can't take a few seconds to read the menus. If one does it in a restaurant then why can't they do the same in a theme park. SMH

And yes that cart is an eyesore. It almost looks like they should be loading trash on to it or something. We all know Disney loves to make money but setting it up like that....just no.

Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    I will never get why one can't take a few seconds to read the menus. If one does it in a restaurant then why can't they do the same in a theme park. SMH

And yes that cart is an eyesore. It almost looks like they should be loading trash on to it or something. We all know Disney loves to make money but setting it up like that....just no.
    The previous version of the Android app only showed the item titles, and none of the details when ordering.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    We tried the happabore sampler at Oga's Cantina, and it was ok.

And it's nice that you can order the yub nub just as a drink, without the souvenir mug. I wish they'd bring back the bespin fizz and call it something else since it can't fizz anymore. I actually enjoyed the drink.

still no fizz huh? You'd think they'd have that fixed by now.
    I got the Yub Nub the one time I've been to Oga's and specifically got it for the mug for my wife, ended up liking the drink so I am glad you can get it without the mug if you want

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NickP View Post
    still no fizz huh? You'd think they'd have that fixed by now.
    There's no fixing it. The device malfunctioned and it's gone now. That's why there's no Bespin Fizz and the non-alcoholic drink that used the same device - I can't remember what that was called.

There's no fixing it. The device malfunctioned and it's gone now. That's why there's no Bespin Fizz and the non-alcoholic drink that used the same device - I can't remember what that was called.
    Assuming it was the same name on both coasts, I'm pretty sure it's the Carbon Freeze.

That was a pretty cool effect (and I liked both that and the Bespin Fizz when I visited WDW). Sorry to hear the machine seems to have been removed from DL. Hopefully they replace it someday.
    -Dave

And it's nice that you can order the yub nub just as a drink, without the souvenir mug.
    They don't always do this. We tried a few visits ago and they would only sell it with the mug. The only time they allowed us to order it without the mug was when the mugs were out of stock.
    Team "Club 34" - NOW MASTERS!
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Ready Player One (Spring 2015)
    2nd place Family in MouseAdventure Card Games: Deuces Wild (Spring 2014)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure 365 (Fall 2013)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Musical (Spring 2013) - top score in all of Basic!