Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
Results 426 to 450 of 485

Thread: SWGE first impressions

  1. #426

  2. # ADS

    Join Date
    Posts
     

  3. #427
    Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Blog Entries
    4

    So it seems under current corp model:
    Something very popular? Raise prices to take advantage of the hype....
    Something not selling and revenue down? Raise prices to make up revenue...

    Now, I'm not privy to how many mugs are sold, and it has been reported that spending is up per guest (of course it is - you raised prices), but if attendance is down that means food and merch is down. Just not happy to see prices go up so often. (While STILL cutting entertainment).

    Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

  4. #428
    Registered User
    MousePad Subscriber
    cstephens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Dystopia
    Blog Entries
    1

    Droid personality chips are back in stock. Still out of loth cats. Temple guard lightsabre back in stock.

    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine


    Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

  5. #429
    Registered User
    MousePad Subscriber
    cstephens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Dystopia
    Blog Entries
    1

    Don't know when it happened, but the Ithorian Garden Loaf is no longer on the menu at Docking Bay 7. Also, the Felucian Garden Spread, previously only available at lunch, is now on the lunch and dinner menu. And, the braised shaak roast was only available at dinner but is now available for lunch and dinner. The menu for lunch and dinner is identical now.

    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine


    Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

  6. #430
    Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Blog Entries
    4

    Cheaper operations. No change out - everything the same...

    Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

  7. #431
    Registered User
    MousePad Subscriber
    cstephens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Dystopia
    Blog Entries
    1

    Probably a matter of supply and demand. I had the garden loaf and it was fine, but while I'm not a vegetarian, I'm not a fan of non-meat being used to replicate meat. I don't know how many people ordered the garden loaf, so I'm not really surprised it was taken off. And, with it being taken off the menu at night, they needed a non-meat option, so it made sense for the garden spread to be made available at dinner. And while the pot roast would be more than I'd be likely to order for lunch, I know others don't feel the same way. I can't think of any other counter service place that has different menus for lunch and dinner, other than I think the occasional specialty stuff at Tomorrowland Terrace or Galactic Grill or whatever it's called.

    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine


    Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

  8. #432

    does the temple guard saber come with a yellow blade?


  9. #433
    Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by NickP View Post
    does the temple guard saber come with a yellow blade?
    It's a yellow crystal that can't be swapped out. The blade costs extra.

    Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

  10. #434
    Registered User
    MousePad Subscriber
    cstephens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Dystopia
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ahsoka's lightsabres were back in stock last night. Haven't seen those in months.

    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine


    Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

  11. #435
    Registered User chahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Central Coast, CA

    SWGE first impressions

    Are they still requiring a holocron purchase to buy a kyber crystal? We built at Savi’s in August and would like to get more colors on my October trip.

    -- Cindy

  12. #436
    Registered User
    MousePad Subscriber
    cstephens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Dystopia
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by chahn View Post
    Are they still requiring a holocron purchase to buy a kyber crystal? We built at Savis in August and would like to get more colors on my October trip.
    No, currently you can buy a kyber crystal without buying a holocron.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine


    Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

  13. #437
    Disneyphiles Janis and Aaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    36 miles from Disneyland
    Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    No, currently you can buy a kyber crystal without buying a holocron.
    Each person can buy one crystal of each color. Yesterday they were behind the main counter. Two weeks ago they were behind the side counter with only a tiny sign. If you don't see them, ask!
    Team "Club 34" - NOW MASTERS!
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Ready Player One (Spring 2015)
    2nd place Family in MouseAdventure Card Games: Deuces Wild (Spring 2014)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure 365 (Fall 2013)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Musical (Spring 2013) - top score in all of Basic!

  14. #438
    Disneyphiles Janis and Aaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    36 miles from Disneyland

    As of 9/20/19, droid personality chips were back in stock! They are in a small box at the check stand by the full-size BB-8, and they had all 6 colors. Droid backpacks were also in stock.

    Team "Club 34" - NOW MASTERS!
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Ready Player One (Spring 2015)
    2nd place Family in MouseAdventure Card Games: Deuces Wild (Spring 2014)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure 365 (Fall 2013)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Musical (Spring 2013) - top score in all of Basic!

  15. #439
    Registered User
    MousePad Subscriber
    cstephens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Dystopia
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Janis and Aaron View Post
    Each person can buy one crystal of each color.
    Yes, that's per the 1 per item per person restriction still in effect at all the stores on Batuu.


    They didn't have any blue or red kyber crystals in Dok's tonight. CM said they're waiting for a shipment. The other 4 colors are available.


    A friend bought Ahsoka's lightsabres tonight. It was fun to watch. I'd not held any of the lightsabres before. I was surprised at how heavy the hilts are.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine


    Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

  16. #440
    Registered User chahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Central Coast, CA

    SWGE first impressions

    I was surprised by the weight also when holding my BIL’s lightsaber from Savi’s. Thanks for the stock updates. I’ve got about a month before my visit but I’m hoping to pick up white, yellow, blue, & green crystals to share between the sabers in our house.

    -- Cindy

  17. #441
    Disneyphiles Janis and Aaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    36 miles from Disneyland
    Quote Originally Posted by chahn View Post
    I’ve got about a month before my visit but I’m hoping to pick up white, yellow, blue, & green crystals to share between the sabers in our house.
    If you're getting several crystals, it might be fun to get a holocron. The holocron is pretty pointless without a variety of crystals, but if you have several it can be a fun item.
    Team "Club 34" - NOW MASTERS!
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Ready Player One (Spring 2015)
    2nd place Family in MouseAdventure Card Games: Deuces Wild (Spring 2014)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure 365 (Fall 2013)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Musical (Spring 2013) - top score in all of Basic!

  18. #442
    Registered User
    MousePad Subscriber
    cstephens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Dystopia
    Blog Entries
    1

    Last week, I had a chance to visit the Disney's Hollywood Studios (DHS) version of Black Spire Outpost (BSO). For the most part, it's the same, with a few mostly non-important differences (they don't have the third listing at the popcorn place - the item that's crossed out in the Anaheim location - they only have the popcorn and the MSE droid listed, they don't have all of the boxes/crates on the bottom floor outside Dok's that people can sit on looking at the Falcon - it's just empty space there, the walkway that enters into the Rise of the Resistance area and the Resistance area in general is much shorter than in Anaheim). I'll note the major differences that I noticed below.

    Oh, not a major difference but it was cool - this gadget sits on top of one of the seating containers inside Docking Bay 7. I tried to get video but it didn't come out well, so I just have the picture.

    Each of the 4 food locations (not counting the popcorn place) has an alcoholic drink. We didn't go into Oga's Cantina there, but I remember seeing the menu, and there was an extra alcoholic drink that's not available in Anaheim. At Docking Bay 7, they had the Takodana Quencher, which I thought was pretty good. The alcoholic blue milk at the milk stand comes with rum, so we tried that. It was pretty tasty. The alcoholic green milk comes with tequila, I think. We didn't try that. I don't remember what alcoholic drink they had at Ronto Roasters, but we didn't try that. My favorite drink at the Anaheim one is the meiloorun, which I didn't see on the menu at DHS.

    Anaheim BSO's creature stall has been out of porgs and loth cats for some time now. Both were in stock at DHS BSO.

    I was so conflicted when I saw that DHS BSO's toy stall had the dejarik toy that I've been waiting for. I forced myself to wait, hoping that it would come back in stock in Anaheim. The box is pretty heavy so it was a concern to put it in my luggage to get it home. Turns out I made the right decision. After coming home on Friday, I went to BSO in Anaheim on Saturday night and found the toy in stock there as well. Yes, I bought it. Oh, and on a different note, the Jedi journal is back in stock too.

    In Anaheim, the purchasing limit is 1 per person per item, and there are signs at each cash register. I noticed that the cash registers in DHS did not have those signs, which I presume means they didn't have the same purchasing restriction. I didn't buy anything there and I didn't ask, so I can't be 100% sure.

    My biggest criticism about DHS BSO is how one of the entrance/exit areas is done. Anaheim BSO has 3 entrance/exit areas, but DHS BSO only has 2. As I mentioned earlier, one is like the Anaheim one in that it is through the Resistance area. The entrance/exit at Anaheim that goes towards Fantasyland, which goes through the First Order square area, doesn't exist at DHS. It's just a wall. Their second entrance/exit is like the one in Anaheim that goes towards Frontierland, through where the Droid Depot area is. In the case of all three entrance/exits in Anaheim, there is some kind of transition into and out of BSO. The Resistance entrance/exit at DHS has a transition area too, but the second exit has none. Zero. You go from BSO to Toy Story Land, and if you stand in one section, you can actually see both at the same time. I absolutely hated that because it completely ruined the story that you're supposed to have travelled to the planet of Batuu. Here's video that I took showing the lack of transition there.

    I thought that had been my only major criticism of DHS BSO, until I went into the stores on Hollywood Blvd., the DHS equivalent of Main Street. One entire shop had almost all of the merchandise from BSO, except for Dok's and Savi's and the build-a-droid, and a few other things. I thought it completely destroyed the story of the items being from Batuu and made them just Disney/Star Wars merchandise.

    Since we were at DHS, I wanted to at least see the BSO there but I doubt we'll be going there on future visits.

    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine


    Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

  19. #443
    Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Blog Entries
    4

    Thanks for the report. Sounds like it was a good time

    Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

  20. #444
    Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    Last week, I had a chance to visit the Disney's Hollywood Studios (DHS) version of Black Spire Outpost (BSO). For the most part, it's the same, with a few mostly non-important differences (they don't have the third listing at the popcorn place - the item that's crossed out in the Anaheim location - they only have the popcorn and the MSE droid listed, they don't have all of the boxes/crates on the bottom floor outside Dok's that people can sit on looking at the Falcon - it's just empty space there, the walkway that enters into the Rise of the Resistance area and the Resistance area in general is much shorter than in Anaheim). I'll note the major differences that I noticed below.

    Oh, not a major difference but it was cool - this gadget sits on top of one of the seating containers inside Docking Bay 7. I tried to get video but it didn't come out well, so I just have the picture.

    Each of the 4 food locations (not counting the popcorn place) has an alcoholic drink. We didn't go into Oga's Cantina there, but I remember seeing the menu, and there was an extra alcoholic drink that's not available in Anaheim. At Docking Bay 7, they had the Takodana Quencher, which I thought was pretty good. The alcoholic blue milk at the milk stand comes with rum, so we tried that. It was pretty tasty. The alcoholic green milk comes with tequila, I think. We didn't try that. I don't remember what alcoholic drink they had at Ronto Roasters, but we didn't try that. My favorite drink at the Anaheim one is the meiloorun, which I didn't see on the menu at DHS.

    Anaheim BSO's creature stall has been out of porgs and loth cats for some time now. Both were in stock at DHS BSO.

    I was so conflicted when I saw that DHS BSO's toy stall had the dejarik toy that I've been waiting for. I forced myself to wait, hoping that it would come back in stock in Anaheim. The box is pretty heavy so it was a concern to put it in my luggage to get it home. Turns out I made the right decision. After coming home on Friday, I went to BSO in Anaheim on Saturday night and found the toy in stock there as well. Yes, I bought it. Oh, and on a different note, the Jedi journal is back in stock too.

    In Anaheim, the purchasing limit is 1 per person per item, and there are signs at each cash register. I noticed that the cash registers in DHS did not have those signs, which I presume means they didn't have the same purchasing restriction. I didn't buy anything there and I didn't ask, so I can't be 100% sure.

    My biggest criticism about DHS BSO is how one of the entrance/exit areas is done. Anaheim BSO has 3 entrance/exit areas, but DHS BSO only has 2. As I mentioned earlier, one is like the Anaheim one in that it is through the Resistance area. The entrance/exit at Anaheim that goes towards Fantasyland, which goes through the First Order square area, doesn't exist at DHS. It's just a wall. Their second entrance/exit is like the one in Anaheim that goes towards Frontierland, through where the Droid Depot area is. In the case of all three entrance/exits in Anaheim, there is some kind of transition into and out of BSO. The Resistance entrance/exit at DHS has a transition area too, but the second exit has none. Zero. You go from BSO to Toy Story Land, and if you stand in one section, you can actually see both at the same time. I absolutely hated that because it completely ruined the story that you're supposed to have travelled to the planet of Batuu. Here's video that I took showing the lack of transition there.

    I thought that had been my only major criticism of DHS BSO, until I went into the stores on Hollywood Blvd., the DHS equivalent of Main Street. One entire shop had almost all of the merchandise from BSO, except for Dok's and Savi's and the build-a-droid, and a few other things. I thought it completely destroyed the story of the items being from Batuu and made them just Disney/Star Wars merchandise.

    Since we were at DHS, I wanted to at least see the BSO there but I doubt we'll be going there on future visits.
    Thanks for the report! I'd been wondering about their transitions. That sounds like it would take away a bit of the remote feeling that Anaheim BSO has. I remember during previews that it was actually a bit jarring to come through the transition and find myself in Fantasyland again. I'd REALLY felt like I was in another world, not just a part of Disneyland. Being able to see Toy Story Land from inside BSO would definitely ruin that feeling.

  21. #445

    One of the DL entrances to BSO (I think the FL one, or maybe the center one) has an old western wagon that's totally visible if you are exiting or standing at the entrance looking out. It's odd and I really think they should move it. The only other thing we have seen that was kind of funny was over by the Rise Of The Resistance area where there's a break the the rocks to the south with no trees and we saw the Mark Twain's gold stacks go by. We've heard the train whistle a couple times in that area as well. But other than that, it always feels like we're somewhere besides DL when we're in Batuu.

    There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions

  22. #446
    Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGoofyGuy View Post
    One of the DL entrances to BSO (I think the FL one, or maybe the center one) has an old western wagon that's totally visible if you are exiting or standing at the entrance looking out. It's odd and I really think they should move it. The only other thing we have seen that was kind of funny was over by the Rise Of The Resistance area where there's a break the the rocks to the south with no trees and we saw the Mark Twain's gold stacks go by. We've heard the train whistle a couple times in that area as well. But other than that, it always feels like we're somewhere besides DL when we're in Batuu.
    There is this general idea of transition, right? As you exit u should start to see elements ahead of you of where you are going.

    Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

  23. #447
    Registered User
    MousePad Subscriber
    cstephens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Dystopia
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGoofyGuy View Post
    One of the DL entrances to BSO (I think the FL one, or maybe the center one) has an old western wagon that's totally visible if you are exiting or standing at the entrance looking out. It's odd and I really think they should move it. The only other thing we have seen that was kind of funny was over by the Rise Of The Resistance area where there's a break the the rocks to the south with no trees and we saw the Mark Twain's gold stacks go by. We've heard the train whistle a couple times in that area as well. But other than that, it always feels like we're somewhere besides DL when we're in Batuu.
    Yes, there are definitely some things that you can see in Anaheim BSO that aren't part of Batuu (at least one spire of Big Thunder Railroad is clearly in the skyline but because of the rockwork of that and in Batuu, it kinds of blends better), but I think having the trappings of Frontierland upon your exit fits in a little better with the transition. I know that before, during and right after Fantasmic, there are elements of that that show up in the Resistance area that are a bit intrusive. I think the Twain's stacks would be pretty jarring too. Other than the occasional hovering helicopter, though, I think they did a pretty good job of hiding the real world in Anaheim BSO.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine


    Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

  24. #448
    Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    There is this general idea of transition, right? As you exit u should start to see elements ahead of you of where you are going.

    Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    Yes, there are definitely some things that you can see in Anaheim BSO that aren't part of Batuu (at least one spire of Big Thunder Railroad is clearly in the skyline but because of the rockwork of that and in Batuu, it kinds of blends better), but I think having the trappings of Frontierland upon your exit fits in a little better with the transition. I know that before, during and right after Fantasmic, there are elements of that that show up in the Resistance area that are a bit intrusive. I think the Twain's stacks would be pretty jarring too. Other than the occasional hovering helicopter, though, I think they did a pretty good job of hiding the real world in Anaheim BSO.
    The rock work changes and the transition is quite good. Maybe it's just me on the wagon, but it's clearly in sight before you actually leave Batuu. Don't get me wrong, I really think they did an awesome job and my wife and I quite enjoy the experience.
    There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions

  25. #449

    Does anybody know which rides in DL and CA will not allow you to ride if you are carrying a lightsaber in a Savi's case?

    There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions

  26. #450
    Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGoofyGuy View Post
    Does anybody know which rides in DL and CA will not allow you to ride if you are carrying a lightsaber in a Savi's case?
    I think the only ones that would allow it would be pirates, jungle cruise, and small world. Maybe haunted. All the rest no. Anything with a confined space or restraints wouldn't allow them (space MTN, Matterhorn, big thunder). I'm not too sure about dumbo or Astro orbiter. Buzz probably would.

    Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •