Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: SWGE first impressions

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGoofyGuy View Post
    FYI. They got new stock in on most of the Legacy lightsabers, but they raised the prices up $20 on some of the models. Still no AP discounts, and they suspended selling additional scrap metal pieces for the Savi's lightsabers.
    Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    As long as you show up for your reservation, you'll be fine. When you check in, tell them you had a reservation for 5 but it's only 3 of you now so they can put you in the proper location. By Saturday night, maybe you'll end up with another 1 or 2 people who will end up joining you. But if not, that's ok. They only charge you $10 per person if you don't show up at all.

I saw the selection last night. The only ones I can think of that they were missing were Luke's and the temple guards. Didn't notice about the prices cause I haven't really been paying attention since I'm likely not getting one.

And they have blue, green, red and purple kyber crystals again, but you can only buy them if you're also buying a holocron - both Jedi and sith are available.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGoofyGuy View Post
    The models that were originally $109.99-Obi Wan, Rey, and Mace Windu are now $129.99. The Darth Maul and Asajj Ventress were originally $129.99 are now $139.99.
    Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    I would call and let them know of the change. I have no idea how they will do it otherwise as I don't do reservations often and when I do its usually those of us there.
    thanks guys, I am definitely going to Ogas, miss out when I went on opening day, line was just too long to not explore the rest of the area, go on SR.

Sucks about the rise in cost of the legacy sabers. Have still been debating the Mace saber but undecided because I don't know how it compares to the Black Series lightsaber. Can't find any good comparison videos, articles

2. # ADS

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NickP View Post
    thanks guys, I am definitely going to Ogas, miss out when I went on opening day, line was just too long to not explore the rest of the area, go on SR.

Sucks about the rise in cost of the legacy sabers. Have still been debating the Mace saber but undecided because I don't know how it compares to the Black Series lightsaber. Can't find any good comparison videos, articles
    Have you checked out Sir James | Gamerfusion on Youtube? he has done several videos. Maybe he can answer a comparison question.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    Have you checked out Sir James | Gamerfusion on Youtube? he has done several videos. Maybe he can answer a comparison question.

Like olegc said- Sir Games has a great You Tube channel with lots of information. I bought the Obi Wan Legacy lightsaber when we went for our preview in June, and kind of got the lightsaber bug now. I was planning on getting the Mace Windu the next time we went in the fall. So I know it's only $20, but still........
    There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions

thanks guys I will check him out

Galaxy Hops

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherJenny View Post
    (I probably could have said something, but we were done anyway.) And another tip, if you're going to order beer, read that menu online. We asked our server what they mean by "Galaxy hops" on the menu and got a shrug. The descriptions of wine and beer aren't really helpful, if that's something that really matters to you.
    LOL! That's funny... Galaxy hops are just a regular variety of hops, used in many beers. I'm sure they used that particular variety on purpose considering the location, but they could have easily just been Willamette, Simcoe, Sterling, etc. (Brewery owner, here)
    Trips to DL: 2x 1978-1988, 90, 95, 98, 99, 00, 05 (2x), 10, 12, 15, 16, 17(2x), 18, 19(2x), 21. WDW 11/2020.
    Me: 46, DH: 49, DC: 17, DS: 13

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    They have the fancier lightsabre sheaths back in stock at Dok's. I haven't seen those since shortly after Black Spire Outpost opened.

The Droid Depot is out of the R2 popcorn bowl but they have these cute mugs instead.

And the Droid Depot is out of droid personality chips again, so they just have accessories up in that spot.

Oleg - Are these the dice you were previously looking for? They had these at the Black Spire Outpost stall of the marketplace tonight.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah those are the ones. Thanks...

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Got a chance to take my boys (19 & 12) this weekend and they had a blast. Seeing as I went on opening day and was limited to four hours then, I took some time to just explore this time out but really the focus of this visit was taking the boys for the first time and they enjoyed it and it was fun to experience it through their eyes.
    We went on Smugglers Run first thing in the morning and when we lined up the original wait time was 35 min but once we were in line and it was snaking through the backstage it was probably closer to an hour, which was fine because the line constantly moves, there is no standing around. Having been on the ride twice before and not being particularly impressed with it, I wanted to make a point for all of us to ride together and explore the inside of the Falcon, get pics at least once. For the first time ever I drew Pilot but I gave it up for Gunner so both my boys could be pilots. They enjoyed it and afterwards went through the single rider line while I went and explored this time without having to deal with crowds.
    After the boys were off SR, I introduced them to Ronto Wrap, which they both loved. We would share two more throughout the day and mobile ordering is super convenient.
    Didn't go back to GE until 5:40 for our reservation at Oga's, as this was something I wasn't able to do last time either. They were ready to seat us almost right away but I asked for a sit down area, since my youngest needed a bit of a break, this took about another 5 - 10 min to wait and as we were in line I heard one of the cast members call for maintenance as DJ Rex had broken down. We were then seated with another party of six people, all probably about in their mid 20's, very friendly. We were put in the booth right next to the non-functioning Rex and my oldest got up to take some pictures around the Cantina and when he was taking pics of Rex the cast member who put in the maintenance call told my son "It's not polite to take pictures of Rex while he is sleeping. You wouldn't want someone taking pictures of you while you were sleeping." I honestly couldn't tell if the tone was playful or more on the side of don't take pics and post this on social media.
    Anyways I ordered the Yub Nub, as my wife wanted the mug (she didn't come on the trip with us this time). I am not much of a drinker but the drink was good. They were out of the Carbon Freeze and the Bespin Fizz. The boys wanted the Carbon Freeze but had to settle for the Blurrgfire and the Jabba Juice, which neither enjoyed very much, they were both very tart.
    Our server was nice but we only saw her maybe twice. Then one of the leads (I am assuming) came around to tell us we were at the 40 minute mark and we would need to be leaving soon. Had I been wanting a second round of drinks I would have said something about the service but we were done, had our experience and I was good with leaving. In the future I will go with folks who can partake with me.
    While we were in the Cantina I placed mobile orders for Kaadu ribs for myself and my oldest at Docking Bay 7. They were decent but not worth $20. I subbed the slaw for mash potatoes, which were just ok and I am not a fan of blueberry muffins, which is kind of weird to serve with ribs, I took a bite and it was ok but not something I would normally order. I am up to try something else there in the future though. Youngest wanted his own Ronto wrap instead of something from Docking bay and as he ate it at the counter we were surprised that Chewy ran up next to us, startled us a bit, and was shaking the roasting cage that he wanted his own wrap, it was pretty funny, cute.
    After that, youngest decided he wanted to build a droid, so we went and did that. It wasn't something I budgeted for but I'm a pushover, he enjoyed it and it was a cute little experience. Oldest decided he wanted a resistance jacket so he bought one for himself. By the time we were done it was night and part of this trip, for me, was seeing GE at night (my opening day reservation was 11a-3p) and it did not disappoint. I took some cool pics of the Falcon and Ren's fighter. After that we left. Great trip with my boys, which was the most important thing. Looking forward to taking them again once RotR opens.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    They were out of the Carbon Freeze and the Bespin Fizz.
    The machine that makes the fizzing is currently out of operation, and it's unclear if or when the machine might be brought back into action.

Sounds like everyone had a good time. Thanks for the trip report!

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Soo quick question, is it possible to be able to enter and enjoy ride and the atmosphere if we go only in the evening to the park? I've got a one shot chance at a conference coming up with twighlight tickets. And i wanted to plan ahead to make the most out of the short visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Boo's Mommy View Post
    Soo quick question, is it possible to be able to enter and enjoy ride and the atmosphere if we go only in the evening to the park? I've got a one shot chance at a conference coming up with twighlight tickets. And i wanted to plan ahead to make the most out of the short visit.
    I don't see why not but just know there is the chance you could be standing in a line that is an hour or so long. If that is ok then there is no reason you shouldn't be able to go do the ride and look around for the evening.
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

OK, so there's still a wait to even enter the area? Are you timed once you get in or is just the Bar that has the time limit?

She was referring to Smuggler's Run. While it is possible they could be using a virtual queue for entering the land, so far they haven't used it other than on the first day SWGE was open without reservations. Chances are you will be able to enter and exit the land freely.

"You're not a grown up! You're a Dad!" -ARG

Visit my website for my photos and writing
    Read my grandmother and sister's poetry at Generations Poetry

Thank you guys for your help and clarification!

Sorry should have made it more clear but yes as JeffG said that is for the ride, Smuggler's Run. There hasn't been a wait to get in the land since the first day it officially opened to the public. Its been free to enter and exit as you want. Which you can spend the whole time in the land if that is what you decide to do as well.

I would suggest putting the Disneyland app in your phone if you haven't yet. This way if by chance you want to grab some food or try the "milk" and its busy you can do mobile ordering.

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    What day/date is your visit? Remember that Deluxe APs are unblocked from Disneyland in about a week and a half, so that will add to the crowds. A weekend will also be more crowded. Lately that I've seen, even late on a weekday evening, the wait time can get up to 45 or 50 minutes, which isn't terrible especially since there's stuff to look at in the queue.

I don't know when your conference is, but keep in mind that the relatively low crowd levels may change once the bulk of passholders are unblocked (8/19 for Deluxe, 8/26 So Cal, 9/3 So Cal Select). If they do need to restrict crowds, they guarantee entry with Olga's Cantina or Savi's Workshop reservations, and you can currently make those reservations up to 14 days in advance (there are rumors that this will increase to 60 days in advance at some point so if you know that you want to go and your trip is more than two weeks away, I would recommend periodically checking even before the 14 day mark).

If you are concerned about getting into the land, I recommend making a reservation for about 30 minutes after you are confident that you will be in the park. I believe the reservation will let you enter 15 minutes early if there are capacity restrictions [edit- if there are capacity restrictions, the reservation lets you enter the land 1 hour before the reservation time. checkin at Olga's is up to 15 minutes before the reservation], but they only hold your spot for 15 minutes after the reservation time, so you want to make sure that you are able to get there. That would give you the maximum time if there are capacity restrictions. Once allowed in, you can stay as long as you like. Obviously a Cantina reservation will be cheaper than making a lightsaber, unless that was already on your to-do list. If you are going after the block-outs lift I would recommend at least making a reservation for Olga's. It can be cancelled up to the day before without penalty, so if it turns out that crowds remain light in the days leading up to your planned trip, you can cancel the reservation if you don't think it will be needed and don't otherwise want to go. The lightsaber reservations are non-refundable.
    Last edited by currence; 08-08-2019 at 03:35 PM. Reason: updated Cantina entry information

So at least right now, they are taking walk-ins at Oga's. My son and I decided to go down after work on Friday. I checked for reservations at 6 PM and none were available (not surprisingly). We were in Galaxy's Edge around 10:30 and the line for Oga's looked really short so we took a chance and asked if we could do a walk-in, and they said yes! They might be less accommodating once Deluxe APs are unblocked in few weeks (since I suspect the crowds will be out in force once that happens), but as for right now, you might be in luck.

Team "Club 34" - NOW MASTERS!
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Ready Player One (Spring 2015)
    2nd place Family in MouseAdventure Card Games: Deuces Wild (Spring 2014)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure 365 (Fall 2013)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Musical (Spring 2013) - top score in all of Basic!

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    What day/date is your visit? Remember that Deluxe APs are unblocked from Disneyland in about a week and a half, so that will add to the crowds. A weekend will also be more crowded. Lately that I've seen, even late on a weekday evening, the wait time can get up to 45 or 50 minutes, which isn't terrible especially since there's stuff to look at in the queue.
    We'll be there Fri, Sept 27th.

Quote Originally Posted by currence View Post
    I don't know when your conference is, but keep in mind that the relatively low crowd levels may change once the bulk of passholders are unblocked (8/19 for Deluxe, 8/26 So Cal, 9/3 So Cal Select). If they do need to restrict crowds, they guarantee entry with Olga's Cantina or Savi's Workshop reservations, and you can currently make those reservations up to 14 days in advance (there are rumors that this will increase to 60 days in advance at some point so if you know that you want to go and your trip is more than two weeks away, I would recommend periodically checking even before the 14 day mark).

If you are concerned about getting into the land, I recommend making a reservation for about 30 minutes after you are confident that you will be in the park. I believe the reservation will let you enter 15 minutes early if there are capacity restrictions [edit- if there are capacity restrictions, the reservation lets you enter the land 1 hour before the reservation time. checkin at Olga's is up to 15 minutes before the reservation], but they only hold your spot for 15 minutes after the reservation time, so you want to make sure that you are able to get there. That would give you the maximum time if there are capacity restrictions. Once allowed in, you can stay as long as you like. Obviously a Cantina reservation will be cheaper than making a lightsaber, unless that was already on your to-do list. If you are going after the block-outs lift I would recommend at least making a reservation for Olga's. It can be cancelled up to the day before without penalty, so if it turns out that crowds remain light in the days leading up to your planned trip, you can cancel the reservation if you don't think it will be needed and don't otherwise want to go. The lightsaber reservations are non-refundable.
    Thank you! We won't there till Sept 27th. Since it's a friday night, I think the reservation may be a good way to go.

Thank you! We won't there till Sept 27th. Since it's a friday night, I think the reservation may be a good way to go.
    To be on the safe side it probably will be. Especially since it can get pretty crowded from the Halloween time crowds.

anyone know if the droid personality chips have been restocked recently?

SWGE first impressions

They were out on 8/4 but not sure about since.

-- Cindy

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Lots of things back at Black Spire Outpost. The really cute maroon sweatshirt and cute white/beige sweatshirt are back in stock at the Black Spire Outpost stall at the marketplace, and Sabacc cards and plastic chance dice are back at the toy store. Still no holochess set yet, that I'm waiting for. Some of the wooden toys are back too. The sandcrawler with the jawas is out at the moment. Most of the colors of kyber crystals are back but they seem to be still requiring purchase of a holocron before you can buy one. Some of the legacy lightsabres are in stock. Didn't get a chance to go into the Droid Depot.

Had a chance to visit Oga's Cantina again, this time including a friend making her first visit to the cantina and on her birthday no less. They put our group of 6 on the side of the bar closer to the main entrance, at the far right end, and we actually had enough room to all be spread out. It's the first time I've been in the room on the opposite side of Rex, and I'd heard people say that it's boring back there and you can't hear anything. Having now been there, I don't understand. It was just as fun and noisy there, and we could hear when the hyperdrive went down and it had to be restarted. We sent birthday person to go look at R3x as everything restarted. They're still out of the rancor teeth, and they're out of the Endor mug right now, but you can buy the Yub Nub drink for $15. They still have Porg mugs. I really wish they'd bring back the Bespin Fizz and the non-alcoholic one using the same device (I forget what that drink is called) in just the liquid format cause I like it. The effect is cool but I'm ok with just having the liquid itself. Fun time.

Just read that the kyber crystals can now be bought individually again but have been raised to $14.99