Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: SWGE first impressions

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie832 View Post
    So when your BB unit goes to sleep, you have to completely untwist the body and toggle the switch? Shouldn't it wake back up using the remote?
    My son says he also has to open up his BB to wake it back up, and the remote doesn't work for that.
    Team "Club 34" - NOW MASTERS!
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Ready Player One (Spring 2015)
    2nd place Family in MouseAdventure Card Games: Deuces Wild (Spring 2014)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure 365 (Fall 2013)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Musical (Spring 2013) - top score in all of Basic!

2. # ADS

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The word is that white and yellow crystals are sold out - and they are considering pulling all the blacks because of the stampede of people heading into the store looking for them.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    Hmm, when we were at the bar that is not what it looked like to us. I wasn't paying attention to it all but did notice that in front of the people next to us the drinks being done were being mixed in a shaker it looked look, then sloppily poured into the cups with another something added after that and done sloppy like as well. It just looked like a mess in the one spot where this was being done. I don't know if that is how all do things in there but the bartender in that spot was doing things this way. I didn't see them make my Fuzzy Tauntaun since it wasn't near me but it was a different guy then the one doing their's if I remember right.
    Hmmm. Ok. The spigots are marked all over the place for different drinks - but maybe only the non alcoholic are poured that way? Of they are the mixes and the alcohol poured fresh. I'll have to pay attention next time

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    The word is that white and yellow crystals are sold out - and they are considering pulling all the blacks because of the stampede of people heading into the store looking for them.

I'll bet they repackage at least the red ones so that people trying to find the black ones with their flashlights will be out of luck making the experience random like they intended.
    There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions

Hmmm. Ok. The spigots are marked all over the place for different drinks - but maybe only the non alcoholic are poured that way? Of they are the mixes and the alcohol poured fresh. I'll have to pay attention next time

I was going back to my pictures to see if I could see anything but I just remembered and looked at the picture of the menu I have to confirm that though but the beer and wine are both on tap. So maybe that is what it was? It could be they have the different alcohol needed for the mixed drinks in separate ones as well so its quicker to get? I am curious now though so if you remember next time to check it out I'd like to know.
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    I was going back to my pictures to see if I could see anything but I just remembered and looked at the picture of the menu I have to confirm that though but the beer and wine are both on tap. So maybe that is what it was? It could be they have the different alcohol needed for the mixed drinks in separate ones as well so its quicker to get? I am curious now though so if you remember next time to check it out I'd like to know.
    I have pictures where there is a spigot for Bespin Fizz and one for Cliffdweller (with stacked porgs on the handle). Lots of others I can't read. I'll have to keep checking it out.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    i attended the 1130am show - but walked since 10am looking for them. Stands didn't open till 11 and we're only at Grizzly Air and Hollywoodland. I waited there till 11 to buy one and hooded it back to Paradise Bay stage.
    Oh, ok. It looks like they didn't put the buckets out early or even near the performance venue. That seems odd not to have them when and where people are seeing the show.

Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    The price difference wasn't huge, but I know that it isn't uncommon for things in the parks, e.g. souvenir sippers, to have different prices at different locations, so I was just wondering.
    Is that true? I thought things were uniformly priced throughout the parks? Seems odd to have the same item have a different price at different places when it's all the same parks.

Did your group have a DAS return time? Or was this a ECV/Wheelchair return time requested at the ride line? (And thank you for the informative post!)
    Sorry, I'm not familiar enough with the terminology, so I don't know what DAS is. No ecv/wheelchair. The person got a return time for our group from a CM at a podium near the Frontierland exit.

This is interesting and brings up a question: if I ordered a special mug, e.g. Porg, but only wanted ginger ale (trying to avoid food allergies) -- totally willing to pay the full drink price -- would the bartenders do it? Or would I have to order the drink that goes with the mug because all the drinks appear to be pre-mixed?
    You can't order ginger ale because they don't offer it. They only offer the specialty items listed on the menu. I don't believe you'd be able to substitute a different drink in the specialty mugs because they're usually tied together. You could opt NOT to have the drink at all and just get the mug. When you purchase those drink mugs, they bring you the drink in the mug, and then when you're ready to leave, they bring you a clean, boxed mug to take with you. You could skip the drink and just ask for the mug.

I have pictures where there is a spigot for Bespin Fizz and one for Cliffdweller (with stacked porgs on the handle). Lots of others I can't read. I'll have to keep checking it out.
    I have a picture of a spigot for Blue Bantha. That was next to the bowl of Bantha cookies.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

I do have one that when I zoom in I can see it says Blue Bantha and another one I can't tell what the first part of it is coming down but it says Ale at the bottom.

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

I also saw Blue Bantha and Cliff Dweller being dispensed from spigots. The CM was struggling with Blue Bantha, it seemed like it kept clogging. I don't believe I saw any mixology happening. Looking at my photos there are no bottles behind the bar, so everything has to either be under the counter or in the various spigots. Another thing I saw was the servers making the drinks with dry ice. The bartender put a carafe with liquid at the end of the bar. When all of the other drinks were on the tray, the server pours the dry ice ones just before moving with the tray. I did order a glass of water at the bar along with my drink. Thinking about it now, I guess you can't even get the components of the drinks, like juice or lemonade, because all the non-alcoholic drinks are pre-mixed. You could buy a Coke or Sprite bottle outside and ask for a glass of ice, I'm sure.

I didn't notice bottles either. I wish I took pictures of what was going on by us. I just know the guy was being super messy about what he was doing and it was all over the glasses he poured drinks into from the shaker like container. Thinking about it, it could be that they put the premixed drinks into the shaker like containers to pour into a few glasses at a time since there was 4 lined up next to each other and it was the same drink. Would be quicker that way I am sure.

Blog Entries

I sw the blue bantha too but didn't include it in my reference because it is non alcoholic and is served that way at the stand.

I thought I remembered reading that all of the drinks were pre-mixed, but I can't remember where. Probably Disney Food Blog, but I'm not sure. I remember it was as a caution to folks that they wouldn't be able to alter the drinks or leave out particular ingredients... I'll look around and see if I can find it.

Regarding price differences: I have noticed that on a few items, but not sure how common it is. When we were looking for the Infinity Gauntlet, one location offered AP discount and one didn't, creating a price difference. At one point, Carthay Circle Lounge had a specific drink (Fairy Tale champagne) for $14 while the outdoor Wine Country location had it for $19. I think that one has since changed, but it was my favorite drink for a little while, so it was a notable difference to me!

A few times over the years we've noticed the difference in pricing in popcorn buckets or sippers depending on where you get them. And also sometimes they're ODV and sometimes you can get them at a location with an AP discount. The TIE fighter bucket at Star Traders and the Chewie stein and Han carbonite bucket come to mind.

The difference is sometimes $1-2 dollars for an item that is $25 to begin with. If it's really popular and hard to find, shopping around to save a little isn't worth it.

So I have seen lots of places now reporting that only the primary guest needs to check in with ID. I made a reservation for this coming Monday from 8p-12a that I hadn't planned on going because a couple folks who I put on my original reservation couldn't go but now if I can take different folks I may end up going if anyone wants to. Would just hate to get there and somehow they change the policy again.

Quote Originally Posted by NickP View Post
    So I have seen lots of places now reporting that only the primary guest needs to check in with ID. I made a reservation for this coming Monday from 8p-12a that I hadn't planned on going because a couple folks who I put on my original reservation couldn't go but now if I can take different folks I may end up going if anyone wants to. Would just hate to get there and somehow they change the policy again.
    So far that is the way it seems to be but I get it. They keep changing the policy on things and its confusing after awhile on what is fact or not. I think it was cstephens who went with some others and said she didn't have to show her ID the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by NickP View Post

When we checked in last night for 8pm to 12am, all three adults in our party had IDs out and ready. The guests other than the primary were told ID is not needed. For what it’s worth.
    Your attention, please. The Disneyland Limited now leaving for a grand circle tour of the Magic Kingdom. Aboaaard!

Every spot on a reservation that goes unused is lost revenue for Disney. Buy more droids, buy more tiki mugs, buy more everything!

I had three spots go unused on the first Saturday. My sister didn't have a pass when I made the reservation but ended up buying one. She would have loved to go, but it wasn't an option then. It was also really crowded that day. On my two other days it wasn't that bad, so I understand why they're being more lenient now.

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    ... You could opt NOT to have the drink at all and just get the mug. When you purchase those drink mugs, they bring you the drink in the mug, and then when you're ready to leave, they bring you a clean, boxed mug to take with you. You could skip the drink and just ask for the mug...
    We'll probably end up doing this, unless Mr. Tea wants the drink. We often buy the collectible without the food/drink at other locations, so it's nice to know the option exists here.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Hmmm, I had no idea about the slight price differences, especially when it comes to whether an AP discount is available or not. Thanks all!

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Hmmm, I had no idea about the slight price differences, especially when it comes to whether an AP discount is available or not. Thanks all!
    Sometimes CMs will help you out. Nicer CMs have actually sent me to another location so that I would get the AP discount if their location wasn't offering it. Now I just ask to make sure -- it can't hurt, right?

Sometimes CMs will help you out. Nicer CMs have actually sent me to another location so that I would get the AP discount if their location wasn't offering it. Now I just ask to make sure -- it can't hurt, right?
    This was the case when we were buying 5 of the Mary Poppins spoons for Christmas presents last year. They had them at Gibson Girls ice cream, but they don't do AP discounts. So we found out the Holly Jolly Bakery had them as well, and they do AP discounts.
    There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions

Check your email -- just received an email allowing me to add more names to my online SWGE reservation!

Blog Entries
    Check your email -- just received an email allowing me to add more names to my online SWGE reservation!
    A stream I watch posed an interesting theory. That some slots so far have been intentionally made more crowded to simulate conditions for cast members and management to figure out what works and what doesn't. That seems like it may be true given that some folks have reported light or manageable crowds while others have reported significant density. It may also be that group sizes are smaller on weekday mornings.

The email u received. Is it to add more than what u have? I assume you have more than 1. It burns me a little that the conditions keep changing. I can't determine their intent. Test even larger crowds? Offer more access for more word of mouth? Hmm

And I didn't get an email - but that's because I don't have an outstanding reservation (I am attending 2 more as guests on someone else's reservation).

I have a reservation for Monday, 8p - 12a, but when I signed up I filled out all six spaces so I am wondering if it is going out to those who didn't fill up all of their available spots

Another friend of mine just got this too, and she had five people (total) on the reservation previously. She called and switched three names and added a sixth person (ME!)