Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: SWGE first impressions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Don't get eliminated!

SWGE first impressions

I was lucky enough to go to the cast member preview for SWGE. I am not a cast member, but was lucky enough to have a friend take me. I just have to say, this place is beyond incredible.

The theme, food, merchandise, Falcon ride, and cast members all come together to make one immersive area. If you are a fan of Star Wars, you will lose yourself in SWGE.

I cannot say enough to describe how awe inspiring this area is. I am very much looking forward to going back and cannot wait for my next trip to SWGE!

how long did you get to spend in GE? Was it four hours like upcoming reservation times? Did you hit Smuggler Run first? How long was the wait and did you have enough time to shop around after? Sorry for all of the questions. Just trying to tentatively plan my visit next week

Don't get eliminated!

Yes, I was there for 4 hours. It was enough time to see and do a lot, but not everything. I ended up on the ride twice, once as an engineer, and once as a pilot. The wait varied between 10 and 40 minutes, so not bad at all.

I had enough time to also eat at Ronto Roasters, get blue milk, and shop around. While shopping, I got a really cool stormtrooper made of wood, so awesome!

4 hours is enough time to really soak up the land, but you will not be able to do everything. Make sure you know what is important to you before going so you can plan ahead a bit.

If you want to do a lightsaber, do that early on, as the wait for it can get a little long. Same with the droid factory, but not quite as bad. The sit down restaurant had a bit of a wait as well.

Have a great time, and just hit the priorities early.

I have a feeling that there will be many more people during the reservation periods than there has been during the CM previews. Im sure wait times will not be 10 to 40 mins for Smugglers Run especially since reservations overlap.

Don't get eliminated!

I think that is accurate. There was an overlap of time for the preview as well, and after the first hour, it was much less crowded. I think during the reservation time, the first hour will be a bit crazy, but it will level off. I did hear they were planning on keeping the wait for the Falcon at 2 hours or less.

I'm thinking a good strategy for the 4 hour window would be to get in the line for SR just before your window is up, unless there's a point during your window that the wait time is low.

There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KB1ankenship View Post
    I think that is accurate. There was an overlap of time for the preview as well, and after the first hour, it was much less crowded. I think during the reservation time, the first hour will be a bit crazy, but it will level off. I did hear they were planning on keeping the wait for the Falcon at 2 hours or less.
    That means that any overlap period may be busy - so for those who have reservations OTHER than 1st part of the day or last - you may experience more crowding at the beginning and ending of your window.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Blog Entries

And fwiw the castle colors were changed too.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    And fwiw the castle colors were changed too.

I noticed that last night when looking at the app map.

About the lightsabers
    https://disneyland.disney.go.com/sho...t-lightsabers/

About the Droid Depot
    https://disneyland.disney.go.com/sho...d/droid-depot/

Note that both of those will NOT be doing AP discounts or any discounts according to both those pages.

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    About the lightsabers
    https://disneyland.disney.go.com/sho...t-lightsabers/

About the Droid Depot
    https://disneyland.disney.go.com/sho...d/droid-depot/

Note that both of those will NOT be doing AP discounts or any discounts according to both those pages.
    A subtle modification. I bwkiev it's only the custom built items that are no discount and non refundable. If you buy a pre built lightsaber (like I will) u should still be getting a discount. At least from what I see in the story and have read online from CMs.

A subtle modification. I bwkiev it's only the custom built items that are no discount and non refundable. If you buy a pre built lightsaber (like I will) u should still be getting a discount. At least from what I see in the story and have read online from CMs.

Yes I was referring to the items I linked that are the custom builds. I haven't seen anything on the Disneyland site that says anything else for no discounts at this point.

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

That would be great if the pre-built DJ-R3X qualifies for an AP discount. I figured it would be excluded.

Blog Entries

I think the 8am folks will check in outside the gates. Not in Launch Bay. I had read that for Cams in one of the myriad of threads I've been reading these last two weeks.

Blog Entries
    I think the 8am folks will check in outside the gates. Not in Launch Bay. I had read that for Cams in one of the myriad of threads I've been reading these last two weeks.

No, 8am chk in at Launch Bay at 6am...
    Planning 3 trips at once...

From what Ive heard and seen from people whove already been, you really need to prioritize whats most important to you to do. Sounds like the wait for Smugglers Run will be about an hour and the Cantina and Savis Workshop (where you can build your own lightsaber) can get up to 2 hours. Also, Smugglers Run has a single-rider line and reports are that the wait is only 10-15 minutes. However, if you choose to do single-rider, you will miss out on most of the amazing queue. I believe the lowest wait times for the ride will come in the middle of your reservation time because your only waiting with others that are in your time slot. Ive heard nothing but great reviews on the food and that the blue milk is pretty tasty! Cant wait for Friday!

This comes directly from the Disney Parks Blog. Someone asked about 8am reservations and this was Disneys response...

Great information, Michael and Justin. For those of us lucky enough to have an 8:00am reservation, will we need to go to Launch Bay upon entering the park at park open?
    Todd on May 25, 2019 at 1:28 am

Hi Todd You may check in beginning 2 hours prior to your reservation time. If your reservation is at 8 a.m., you may enter Disneyland Park at 6 a.m. to check in at Star Wars Launch Bay. Please note, no attractions or locations will be open until 8 a.m.

Quote Originally Posted by indiejones33 View Post
    This comes directly from the Disney Parks Blog. Someone asked about 8am reservations and this was Disney’s response...

“Great information, Michael and Justin. For those of us lucky enough to have an 8:00am reservation, will we need to go to Launch Bay upon entering the park at park open?

Hi Todd – You may check in beginning 2 hours prior to your reservation time. If your reservation is at 8 a.m., you may enter Disneyland Park at 6 a.m. to check in at Star Wars Launch Bay. Please note, no attractions or locations will be open until 8 a.m.”
    This is why I think its important that Disney puts the info out in a better manner. I saw that in the blog and its why I posted it. So thanks for putting it here what was said. Disney needs to do a written run down of all this and not the video blogs and answers in the comments that some might not see. There is going to end up being some confusion for some come opening day and some not happy they weren't aware of this ahead of time.

RE: Smugglers Run, the way it worked at the Cm's preview was that the first 3 hours of your slot were alotted for your group to accomplish a ride on Smugglers Run. Once you rode the attraction a mark was made on your wristband to indicate that you had ridden. Later in the first three hours the line had gotten short enough that folks were allowed to ride again. (The idea seemed to be only one ride per person, hence marking the wristbands, however since the que dropped so low later repeat rides were allowed, not sure if this will happen with the regular groups). The last hour of your window is reserved for the newer group of folks to begin queing for Smugglers as the slots overlapped and wristbands were checked to prevent those with the soon to close window from entering the line.

Also was told that after getting your wristband at launch bay you have to then go right to the que at the frontierland galaxy edge entrance where there is a line you must wait in until your window opens. Was told this was to be done as soon as you got your wristband.

Got the impression that all this was explained to the person by CM's in the area, so they well understood the rules. So hopefully it won't catch anyone by surprise.

Just keep trying, trying, trying.....
    I did it! Woo Hoo Star Wars 10k completed
    Disneyland Half Weekend 10k "I made it~ woo hoo!"
    Yippee! Another Star Wars 10K Finished with style and a pr ::happy dance::

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by indiejones33 View Post
    This comes directly from the Disney Parks Blog. Someone asked about 8am reservations and this was Disneys response...

Great information, Michael and Justin. For those of us lucky enough to have an 8:00am reservation, will we need to go to Launch Bay upon entering the park at park open?

Hi Todd You may check in beginning 2 hours prior to your reservation time. If your reservation is at 8 a.m., you may enter Disneyland Park at 6 a.m. to check in at Star Wars Launch Bay. Please note, no attractions or locations will be open until 8 a.m.
    Cool. Thanks for the correction.

On a side note - I'm not one to go scanning alm the comments about each announcement from Disney. It's a little silly that information like this is not prominently posted. Makes it seem like they're saying "oh yeah, we should have said that". or "we should have thought of that". The videos spend more time reminding people to get a hotel reservation and how cool SWGE will be rather than delivering key information.

Blog Entries

A question that has come to my mind -and wonder if others have read this - there have been claims by some who have visited during Cast previews that you (a guest) won't be allowed to board Smugglers Run in the last hour of your reservation window. This is to ensure that the new arrivals (since 1 hour overlaps) can get a chance to ride. I can't believe its true - but wondered if anyone here has read this or know of this. Thanks.

A question that has come to my mind -and wonder if others have read this - there have been claims by some who have visited during Cast previews that you (a guest) won't be allowed to board Smugglers Run in the last hour of your reservation window. This is to ensure that the new arrivals (since 1 hour overlaps) can get a chance to ride. I can't believe its true - but wondered if anyone here has read this or know of this. Thanks.
    So far I haven't seen this any place at all. It wasn't in the write up on here either. I wouldn't be surprised if it happened during their previews but at the same time they were testing how it would go if the did such a thing. Yet IF they did this with guests after it opens I can't imagine it would go over to well for any guests that were checking the land out before going to the ride. Especially without telling guests ahead of time. If this is the case then hopefully they will be telling guests at check in but even then you will always have those not listening. At this point since we are going on the 5th, I am going to watch how things go for others to see how we will have to plan things.

Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    So far I haven't seen this any place at all. It wasn't in the write up on here either. I wouldn't be surprised if it happened during their previews but at the same time they were testing how it would go if the did such a thing. Yet IF they did this with guests after it opens I can't imagine it would go over to well for any guests that were checking the land out before going to the ride. Especially without telling guests ahead of time. If this is the case then hopefully they will be telling guests at check in but even then you will always have those not listening. At this point since we are going on the 5th, I am going to watch how things go for others to see how we will have to plan things.
    And then there's this in the MousePlanet Galaxy's Edge "Batuu Boot Camp" article from today- "You may find the line for the Smuggler's Run attraction is much shorter towards the end of your reservation window, and you'll have more time to explore the entire land"

Now we are all totally confused. Hopefully we will get some concrete information soon.

Blog Entries

Thanks - someone else posted the correction.

Was people watching before the media event last night at the main GE entrance and saw Kareem Abdul Jabbar and Chris Paul. I missed a bunch of Marvel stars arriving earlier (Evans Larson and Pratt)