Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: SWGE first impressions

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

For those that have visited BSO - do you recall which store had the Han Solo dice? They are sold out right now I think but I was trying to recall which shop so I can keep checking.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

2. # ADS

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    For those that have visited BSO - do you recall which store had the Han Solo dice? They are sold out right now I think but I was trying to recall which shop so I can keep checking.
    Are those the same as the chance dice? The chance dice are at the toy store, next to the sabacc cards. They had some on Thursday.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    Are those the same as the chance dice? The chance dice are at the toy store, next to the sabacc cards. They had some on Thursday.
    No not the chance cubes used by Wato - these are the dice that Han hangs from some panel on the MF - like Fuzzy dice - but these are more like a necklace and charms.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

According to Wookieepedia, they were at Dok-Ondar's.

Wookieepedia entry for Han's dice.

Assuming the entry there is all true (I generally think Wookieepedia is well respected as having correct info - supposed to work much like Wikipedia), I learned a few things while reading too. It claims they are in the same chance cube family, though obviously not with colored sides like Watto's.

-Dave

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post
    According to Wookieepedia, they were at Dok-Ondar's.

Wookieepedia entry for Han's dice.

Assuming the entry there is all true (I generally think Wookieepedia is well respected as having correct info - supposed to work much like Wikipedia), I learned a few things while reading too. It claims they are in the same chance cube family, though obviously not with colored sides like Watto's.
    Thanks .. then yes they are still sold out (I checked today).

Please post if you see them back in stock. I'll keep checking, too!

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    They must have been in one of the two cabinets with the nice jewelry. I don't remember seeing them there, but I've only been looking closely at that stuff the last few times I've been in there. A friend and I saw the ring with the concealed Resistance insignia. It's similar (but smaller, since it's a ring) to a keychain I bought that's not currently available.

I bought the postcard book today. And I noticed that the maroon woman's shirt is sold out. They sold out of the maroon sweatshirt and the white/beige sweatshirt last week too. Things are pretty sparse in the Black Spire Outpost stall. Oh, and sabacc cards are sold out now too.

There were also many fewer of the legacy lightsabres today. Ahsoka's lightsabres are out.

We did breakfast on Batuu today. I had the ronto breakfast wrap, and the husband had the bright suns morning from Docking Bay 7.

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Just got back from our family's first trip to DL/DCA. SWGE was amazing! We were there on July 1st. Park opened at 8:00. We got there about 7:15. CM's made the stampede enter SWGE through Frontierland. Stay to the right to be in line for Smuggler's Run. We were on in less than 30 minutes. Hubby and oldest daughter were the pilots. Youngest daughter and I were the gunners. A dad and son were our engineers. They have done an awesome job on everything! We loved how the characters and cast members just walk around in the land. We saw stormtroopers interacting with people, and we also saw them on rooftops watching all of us below. We saw Rey interacting with guests as well. Chewie was repairing a space ship as we entered the land (Sorry, SW fans, I am sure the ship has a real name!). We were able to get afternoon reservations at Oga's. The line was long in the hot sun, but it did seem to move at a good pace. I ordered the Fuzzy Tautan Tautan. I didn't realize it had a numbing agent in the foam, and I thought I was having an allergic reaction to the drink at first!

Our server here was the rudest CM we have ever encountered. We tried to give him the benefit of the doubt because the place was slammed, but it was hard.

When the 2nd ride opens, I can only imagine it will be awesome too! We are from the east coast, so we can't wait for WDW to open their version of this land. Loved it!

If you can dream it, you can do it. ~ Walt Disney ~
    1982 Off-site, BC 9/01, ASMo 1/04, ASMu 8-9/08, POFQ 4/09, BC/POR 7/10, AKL and Wyndham Grand Resort at Bonnet Creek 7&8/12, CS 11/12, Disney Dream 3/13, POR and BW 12/13-1/14, Pop Century 7/14, Fort Wilderness 8/15, POR/AoA (MNSSHP and Food and Wine Festival 10/15), Fort Wilderness 7/16, Off-site 12/16, Off-site 12/17, Off-site 12/18 and Disney Magic, 7/19 Off-site DL/DCA

Quote Originally Posted by mickeymom5 View Post
    I ordered the Fuzzy Tautan Tautan. I didn't realize it had a numbing agent in the foam, and I thought I was having an allergic reaction to the drink at first!

Our server here was the rudest CM we have ever encountered. We tried to give him the benefit of the doubt because the place was slammed, but it was hard.
    Glad you guys had fun. As for the Fuzzy Tautan Tautan, that is what we all said as well. the foam is terrible. We had to get rid of it because it gave us all that feeling and it lasted a while too. The drink is good once you get rid of that foam though. LOL We felt that way as well about the CM in there we encountered and yet the CMs in the rest of the land were great. Some really stood out more then others too that we encountered. The characters roaming around remind me of how it used to be in the park many years ago.
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Blog Entries

I liked the Tauntaun with the foam. I guess it's not for everyone.

Once I realized, I wasn't having an allergic reaction, I enjoyed the drink!

The menu only slightly hints that something is going on with the foam...it says "buzz" foam.

The sensation is like your lips are vibrating...so I guess that is a "buzzing" feeling. My niece said her lips felt numb.
    1982 Off-site, BC 9/01, ASMo 1/04, ASMu 8-9/08, POFQ 4/09, BC/POR 7/10, AKL and Wyndham Grand Resort at Bonnet Creek 7&8/12, CS 11/12, Disney Dream 3/13, POR and BW 12/13-1/14, Pop Century 7/14, Fort Wilderness 8/15, POR/AoA (MNSSHP and Food and Wine Festival 10/15), Fort Wilderness 7/16, Off-site 12/16, Off-site 12/17, Off-site 12/18 and Disney Magic, 7/19 Off-site DL/DCA

Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    Glad you guys had fun. As for the Fuzzy Tautan Tautan, that is what we all said as well. the foam is terrible. We had to get rid of it because it gave us all that feeling and it lasted a while too. The drink is good once you get rid of that foam though. LOL We felt that way as well about the CM in there we encountered and yet the CMs in the rest of the land were great. Some really stood out more then others too that we encountered. The characters roaming around remind me of how it used to be in the park many years ago.
    Yes, all the other CM's throughout DL and DCA were great! We enjoyed the CM's walking around SWGE and conversing with the guests. It was really like you were in a village.

Quote Originally Posted by Pammer View Post
    This is really a great tip, since I most likely would be riding single rider most of the time; I read that the disabled use the standby queue, but there must be a way to use the SR queue and avoid the stairs as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    Actually, the disabled access is through the Fastpass queue.
    I think there needs to be clarification on "disabled" as you may be speaking about different things. The standby queue is entirely accessible. So if the issue is wheelchair/ECV access only, then I believe those are handled exclusively in the standby queue. If there is a reason why a person needs the disability access service, then those groups are given a return time and utilize the Fastpass section upon their return. Merely being in a wheelchair/having mobility issues isn't sufficient for the DAS.

I will add for manual wheelchair users, there were a couple of spots, especially in the Fastpass line, that I thought Disney was probably right at the maximum allowed gradient/incline.

I don't know what accommodation, if any, Disney would offer someone who wanted to utilize SR but couldn't because of access issues. If/when you find out, please let the rest of us know

Quote Originally Posted by mickeymom5 View Post
    The menu only slightly hints that something is going on with the foam...it says "buzz" foam.

The sensation is like your lips are vibrating...so I guess that is a "buzzing" feeling. My niece said her lips felt numb.
    The sensation reminded me of the tingling after a dental procedure when the novocaine is starting to wear off. I did NOT like it. I asked for a straw and was able to drink the rest of the drink, which I mostly enjoyed. Once I knew what to expect, I sipped a little bit more of the foam and didn't dislike it quite as much, but apparently my initial face was quite horrific. The person I was with assumed that it was because I didn't like the alcoholic beverage. I had to explain that I hadn't even sipped enough to get to the alcohol and was only reacting to the foam.

I like it too, foam and all! I think the sensation is hilarious; it adds to it for me.

Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by currence View Post
    I think there needs to be clarification on "disabled" as you may be speaking about different things. The standby queue is entirely accessible. So if the issue is wheelchair/ECV access only, then I believe those are handled exclusively in the standby queue. If there is a reason why a person needs the disability access service, then those groups are given a return time and utilize the Fastpass section upon their return. Merely being in a wheelchair/having mobility issues isn't sufficient for the DAS.

I will add for manual wheelchair users, there were a couple of spots, especially in the Fastpass line, that I thought Disney was probably right at the maximum allowed gradient/incline.

I don't know what accommodation, if any, Disney would offer someone who wanted to utilize SR but couldn't because of access issues. If/when you find out, please let the rest of us know
    With me it's knee issues; going upstairs is very difficult if more than 3 or 4, especially if it is very deep (I fell trying to step up on the train one time!), but I can go down the stairs more easily...standing for long periods of time will also aggravate my back (I know, I'm a mess! ) I use the elevator at Star Tours to avoid the steep standby queue as well.

Hopefully I will be able to utilize the SR queue without stairs when I next visit at the end of September, that is my main concern.
    Pam
    DL trips: too many to remember actual dates, but they began in the 60s!
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

I talked to a cast member at the entrance to Smuggler's Run tonight and asked about utilizing single rider if a person is unable to climb many stairs. The cast member indicated that while you might get a different answer depending on who is working that day, his understanding was that a guest who wanted to use single rider but couldn't navigate stairs would be sent through the SAP line aka the Fastpass line. He checked with another cast member, who confirmed his understanding, that the person would be sent through the SAP line. I could see that this could have the possibility of being abused but I presume that system would be at the CMs' discretion. 6 people who are obviously together could all enter the single rider queue as long as they're willing to ride separately if that's how it turns out. However, if 6 people come up and say that they all want single rider but none of them can navigate stairs, I expect the CMs will be skeptical.

On a different note, legacy lightsabres at Dok's are sparse again. Ahsoka's are still gone, and Mace's are gone now too, though they did have Luke's lightsabre, which I hadn't seen before, but I didn't really look at the lightsabres on most of my reservation trips to Batuu, partly because there were usually people 2 and 3 deep looking at them. There were only maybe 4 lightsabres on display in the cabinet.

And the stall in the marketplace selling Black Spire Outpost branded merchandise is looking pretty sparse too. The maroon shirt, the maroon sweatshirt, and the white/beige sweatshirt are still out. Last Thursday and Sunday, I saw new (I hadn't recalled seeing them before) shirts for adults and kids with the Millenium Falcon on the front and branded to Black Spire Outpost. Both those shirts were gone tonight as well.

Oh, but I did notice one new thing at the Resistance Depot, a die cast of the interceptor A wing (I think that's what it was), like the vehicle that sits across from the x-wing. I don't remember seeing it there before, but I only had a quick look so didn't notice what it was branded to.

From the Mouse's mouth directly - Rise of the Resistance opens on Fri, Jan 17 at DLR (Dec 5 at WDW)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NickP View Post
    From the Mouse's mouth directly - Rise of the Resistance opens on Fri, Jan 17 at DLR (Dec 5 at WDW)
    yeah - and its funny to read all of the anecdotes from fan sites. This CM told me its cause of the bluetooth sensors in the floor, that CM told me its cause they did not make the vehicle doors ADA compliant, .... at least now we have a date.

Blog Entries

Saw a post on the Disney Food Blog that the Bright Suns morning breakfast plate is no longer available Monday thru Thursday at Docking Bay 7. The youngling plate is no longer offered as well. Friday thru Sunday they will be there.

Quote Originally Posted by NickP View Post

Bummer. Our passes expire December 15th.
    There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions

Blog Entries

Question - was the Jan 17 date chosen due to construction reasons, they wanted the ride to open well past the holiday period to avoid a massive crowd, give WDW a chance to be in the spotlight, or a little of each? The date just seemed so specific. I guess it is in front of MLK holiday.

Question - was the Jan 17 date chosen due to construction reasons, they wanted the ride to open well past the holiday period to avoid a massive crowd, give WDW a chance to be in the spotlight, or a little of each? The date just seemed so specific. I guess it is in front of MLK holiday.

I'm thinking its because it will be after the holiday craziness. It already ends up closing ends at times during the week after Christmas Day so why risk it being worse, right? Instead doing it at the point things slow down some. Its pretty good planning in many ways. As well as if WDW has opened their's then maybe the hope is things will say as they have here so to speak.

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Hmm, random thought but seems like that was the date the old Star Wars RunDisney race used to run on.

Just keep trying, trying, trying.....
    I did it! Woo Hoo Star Wars 10k completed
    Disneyland Half Weekend 10k "I made it~ woo hoo!"
    Yippee! Another Star Wars 10K Finished with style and a pr ::happy dance::

Quote Originally Posted by fishgal View Post
    Hmm, random thought but seems like that was the date the old Star Wars RunDisney race used to run on.
    You are right. It was around that time. I only remember this because its also the same weekend we had got the keys to our house we had bought.

waiting for the resort hotel calendar opening to see what prices will be. Normally wouldn't they be off-peak prices at that time of year? maybe not for MLK weekend though?
    Will be interesting to see if the Flex calendar fills up for that weekend too