Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: SWGE first impressions

The CM on the phone allowed me to add names and said that if these people cannot make it, I can switch guests at check in as long as the new guests bring photo ID. People have been posting on several boards that lately only the primary guest's ID is being checked.

2. # ADS

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sheesh. At this rate Of say the final week (or weekend when I'm going) will be "let's let everyone in of they figure it out."

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    Sheesh. At this rate Of say the final week (or weekend when I'm going) will be "let's let everyone in of they figure it out."

Even so. it's probably still going to be less crowded than the 24th on.
    There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions

It was a MP day in SWGE! Shout outs to Shortpix77 and olegc and friends -- hope everyone had a great day on Batuu.
    Enjoyed the Ronto Wrap (good snap according to Mr. Tea), the ribs, and the pot roast. Was Engineer twice, right and left, without any motion sickness issues. Could see how being pilot might be a problem -- may have to avoid that position in the future. Shared a Cliff Dweller with Mr. Tea -- nicely refreshing on a warm day. Loved DJ Rex!

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

We had the 8pm to midnight slot on Friday night, which was again pretty crowded. We had dinner at Docking Bay 7, and I finally had a chance to try the ribs. Oh my goodness. They were so good. The menu listing doesn't tell you that the sauce is a little spicy, which they really should warn people about, but I really liked it. I understand now why one of my friends has been raving about this dish. The slaw reminded me of the vinegar-based slaw they used to have at Big Thunder BBQ.

I got some night life pictures. I continued to contemplate how I can get aboard the Falcon. It was nice to see Rey and Chewie wandering around the marketplace late in the evening, checking things out. Even though I so don't need another shirt, I bought one at the Resistance Supply a week ago. And in the "I don't need another sweatshirt" department, I bought one of those too Friday night because I really loved the color and design.

One of the details a friend had noticed a couple weeks ago is a tribute to the original movies. Love this kind of thing.

We did go on Smugglers Run but otherwise, it was a pretty low-key night. We watched the fireworks, and this time, I was at a vantage point where I could see some of the main fireworks as well as the fireworks being fired off the castle. We submitted our reservation request for Oga's Cantina at 8:22 but never got in. We checked around 11pm and were told they were very backed up. Oh well. We had only tried to get in because one of our group hadn't been in yet. Some of the group spent time playing with the app, and some of us sat around chatting outside the Droid Depot. In that area, you can periodically hear a creature tromping around in the bushes and roaring.

We also went back for the 5-9pm slot on Saturday. I got some more daytime pictures of Black Spire Outpost and the Falcon here and here.

My friends had noticed a crash scene in the area outside Droid Depot where we were sitting the previous night, so we wanted to get a good look in the daytime.

Baby tauntaun enjoyed his first visit to Black Spire Outpost and Smugglers Run!

We went to Docking Bay 7 for dinner again, and I got to try the roasted endorian tip-yip salad. I really enjoyed it.

I was also able to get some audio from the cave area in the queue for Rise of the Resistance, where you can hear some resistance transmissions and the roar of a nearby creature.

It was another low-key day, even though we were quite busy. Didn't try for the cantina, went on Smugglers Run once, and we spent most of our time doing a little shopping but mostly going to the various PhotoPass spots to get fun group pictures. All of the photographers were terrific.

It was sad to say goodbye when we left.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    We had the 8pm to midnight slot on Friday night, which was again pretty crowded. We had dinner at Docking Bay 7, and I finally had a chance to try the ribs. Oh my goodness. They were so good. The menu listing doesn't tell you that the sauce is a little spicy, which they really should warn people about, but I really liked it...
    Agree that the ribs are yummy. Tender and well sauced. Slaw is a nice accompaniment. We were also surprised by the spicy factor -- it wasn't overwhelming, but was definitely noticeable. Sensitive folks, be forewarned!

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Oh, I forgot to mention. In Smugglers Run, getting the asteroid field is apparently not completely tied to getting 2 coaxiums. We got 2 on one of our runs this weekend and we didn't get the asteroid field.

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Blog Entries

I was part of a group on Saturday 5+9pm. My close friends from AZ. We waited quite a while at Critter country to be able to be in front of the pack heading in. We were able to do Savi's and Cantina in the first hour. Checked out shops, at at Docking Bay7, rode the Falcon (and got my credits on the data pad from the mission). They had not been there yet so we were able to check out every store, get a Port magic shot, and watch fireworks. My friend and I dueled lightsabers in front of the Falcon for the Photopass shots. All and all a jam packed 5 hours. We were exhausted.

I had the ribs as well and I will say I must have had a bad set. Not that much meat on mine - mostly fat and tissue holding together what little there was. And the red cabbage slaw was quite bitter. I may have to order again to be sure. We also had Roast Beef, Shrimp Noodle Salad, and the Tip Yip. All got a thumbs up except the Tip Yip. It was the texture. We heard from someone else that the kids meal version is more palatable - but I think it depends on your preferred tastes.

It was great running in to Mr. And Mrs. T (tea4two). Not enough time there - we'll catch up again.

One more visit next week - and I'll just soak it all in.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Anybody have any first hand experience with Star Wars bounding issues? In this link they show acceptable attire that includes the tunics that are sold at the Black Spire Outpost, but there are reports of security turning away people who are wearing these exact examples that are suppose to be ok.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...-galaxys-edge/

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGoofyGuy View Post
    Anybody have any first hand experience with Star Wars bounding issues? In this link they show acceptable attire that includes the tunics that are sold at the Black Spire Outpost, but there are reports of security turning away people who are wearing these exact examples that are suppose to be ok.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...-galaxys-edge/

I said it under today's Mouseplanet article that we saw ones in there that were like that and it honestly comes off more like costumes then anything to me. At this point I think the whole bounding trend has crossed over to costumes. It isn't what it used to be at all. What Disney posted on their blog, we did see those dressed as such and questioned it ourselves. If one doesn't know what bounding is they look at it as someone dressed in a costume. Yes there are those that do not know about bounding. Sadly though over the last year or so I have seen to many walking through the parks that look like they in costumes then not. Aside from the SWGE ones, there was a couple walking around in full costumes of Anna and Kristoff not long ago. I walked by a CM and loudly wondered how the 2 were allowed to get in the park dressed in costumes. I've noticed that they pull attention to themselves as well as if they were a real CM but nothing is done. As for those that said on the Disney blog they were turned away, they should be and so should all the others dressed in anything looking like a costume that is not a child. 3 out of the 4 Disney is saying are ok IMO look like a costume and would be easy for many to confuse in that manner.
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    I was part of a group on Saturday 5+9pm. My close friends from AZ. We waited quite a while at Critter country to be able to be in front of the pack heading in. We were able to do Savi's and Cantina in the first hour.
    Sounds like that's the perfect way to do it, if people can spare the time and are willing to put in the effort. Great planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    At this point I think the whole bounding trend has crossed over to costumes. It isn't what it used to be at all. What Disney posted on their blog, we did see those dressed as such and questioned it ourselves. If one doesn't know what bounding is they look at it as someone dressed in a costume.
    I think the bounding crosses over to costuming a lot easier with more "normal" face characters. One can only really do bounding for a character like Mickey or Donald or Daisy or Sulley or Woody or even a face character like Maleficent or the Evil Queen because their costumes have extras. But for someone like Alice or Wendy or, as you said, Anna and Kristoff, they're wearing mostly normal clothes, so it's a lot easier to duplicate their look. I have a friend who dressed for our visit to Batuu on Saturday, and she looked fantastic and like she'd fit right in with Rey and the residents of Batuu, but she had different coloring on her attire so I don't think she'd easily be mistaken for an actual CM. But I can see where costuming would come into play if someone were wearing Rey's clothes from Jakku, even though Rey on Batuu wears the darker clothes from later in The Last Jedi.

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    Oh, I forgot to mention. In Smugglers Run, getting the asteroid field is apparently not completely tied to getting 2 coaxiums. We got 2 on one of our runs this weekend and we didn't get the asteroid field.
    My current personal opinion (and I am NOT a CM so I easily could be wrong) is that the asteroid field occurs when there is a reason why the ride needs to last a few seconds longer. Kinda like on Toy Story Mania where it sometimes switches to the zero point value targets before it can move to the next game. This is based on an assumption that the CMs who help you embark/disembark work multiple pods so if they haven't started the prior pod by the time the asteroid field may occur, then you will get to see it, but if the ride is caught up then you won't.

I am really curious what the floor plan of the ride is/how many pods total they have total. And now I'm curious whether the asteroid field does add additional time to the ride.

Blog Entries

A woman posted in the SWGE group on Facebook today that her outfit, whick looks SO CLOSE to Rey's outfit, was approved by Disney and even used as an example of the Disney approved policy. I believe cloaks cause the most confusion

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by currence View Post
    My current personal opinion (and I am NOT a CM so I easily could be wrong) is that the asteroid field occurs when there is a reason why the ride needs to last a few seconds longer. Kinda like on Toy Story Mania where it sometimes switches to the zero point value targets before it can move to the next game. This is based on an assumption that the CMs who help you embark/disembark work multiple pods so if they haven't started the prior pod by the time the asteroid field may occur, then you will get to see it, but if the ride is caught up then you won't.

I am really curious what the floor plan of the ride is/how many pods total they have total. And now I'm curious whether the asteroid field does add additional time to the ride.
    Someone else speculated on ride operation

https://twitter.com/kolbyratigan/sta...378711552?s=19

I know that the creature on the hull is triggered by an issue delaying your exit from the pod. One time it started, but the CM opened the door and everything just stopped abruptly and we exited. I too think that not being able to continue on to the next slot is what triggers any real variations in the ride.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    My current personal opinion (and I am NOT a CM so I easily could be wrong) is that the asteroid field occurs when there is a reason why the ride needs to last a few seconds longer. Kinda like on Toy Story Mania where it sometimes switches to the zero point value targets before it can move to the next game.
    Hmmm, interesting. That makes sense. Except that the delay on Midway Mania is for maybe a few seconds - maybe 15 or 20 seconds at the most? - but the asteroid field is an entire sequence. When I've gotten the asteroid field, I *think* I've gotten the same sequence each time, though I have to admit I don't know if it's exactly the same sequence. I do know it always ends with the giant asteroid that you can't avoid.

So I'm gonna root for delays from now on!

Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    I said it under today's Mouseplanet article that we saw ones in there that were like that and it honestly comes off more like costumes then anything to me. At this point I think the whole bounding trend has crossed over to costumes. It isn't what it used to be at all. What Disney posted on their blog, we did see those dressed as such and questioned it ourselves. If one doesn't know what bounding is they look at it as someone dressed in a costume. Yes there are those that do not know about bounding. Sadly though over the last year or so I have seen to many walking through the parks that look like they in costumes then not. Aside from the SWGE ones, there was a couple walking around in full costumes of Anna and Kristoff not long ago. I walked by a CM and loudly wondered how the 2 were allowed to get in the park dressed in costumes. I've noticed that they pull attention to themselves as well as if they were a real CM but nothing is done. As for those that said on the Disney blog they were turned away, they should be and so should all the others dressed in anything looking like a costume that is not a child. 3 out of the 4 Disney is saying are ok IMO look like a costume and would be easy for many to confuse in that manner.
    What I'm saying is the Disney Parks blog posts examples of what is acceptable, and then someone wearing exactly what they picture as OK gets turned away by security. Why do you think those people wearing what was clearly shown as ok and acceptable were rightly turned away?

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGoofyGuy View Post
    What I'm saying is the Disney Parks blog posts examples of what is acceptable, and then someone wearing exactly what they picture as OK gets turned away by security. Why do you think those people wearing what was clearly shown as ok and acceptable were rightly turned away?
    I would say because whoever the CM was in that moment was doing their job of saying no costume. Like I said I think what Disney had on the blog were to costume like as well. Yet like Mouseplanet said it seems to be hit and miss depending on the CM one comes across. So one CM might not care at all if it is a costume worn, even though rules state its not allowed, and the CM next them might say "sorry you can't be in costume" (or whatever they would say). I honestly wondered if some let them slide because they either don't care at all, don't want to confront a guest over anything, or like what is worn so they let it go, kwim? Yet Disney itself is causing confusion on things because of what they posted. Not the first time that has happened and obviously won't be the last time either I am sure. LOL

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Blog Entries

So passholder previews were announced for WDW. I can understand that because their total passholder volume is more manageable than Disneyland's - good for them.

https://wdwnt.com/2019/06/disney-ann...ywood-studios/

Micechat is reporting a rumor that Disneyland AP's may be getting previews for Phase 2. Hope this is true. I hold deluxe and am blocked out starting Jun 21 through Aug 19 (day after my bday, which is when my AP expires ) I am unsure about renewing at the moment, depends on if I get this job that involves travel that I am interviewing for tomorrow, what GE looks like after the reservation period ends and now this possible AP preview rumor

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NickP View Post
    Micechat is reporting a rumor that Disneyland AP's may be getting previews for Phase 2. Hope this is true. I hold deluxe and am blocked out starting Jun 21 through Aug 19 (day after my bday, which is when my AP expires ) I am unsure about renewing at the moment, depends on if I get this job that involves travel that I am interviewing for tomorrow, what GE looks like after the reservation period ends and now this possible AP preview rumor
    Well it's kind of dependent on the ride actually being ready to go. Some reports say end of year. I don't think they'd do a preview period during the core holiday time (after dec 15th or so) but that's speculation.

Plus they probably want to study what happens at WDW. They won't have ROTR ready either for August 2019

Yes I realize all of that. The Micechat story did not give any kind of timeframe in regards to the RotR ride opening, only the theory about possible AP previews. The dates I was throwing around were more about how a possible preview relates to the kind of block out dates those with Deluxe hold and me debating whether to renew or not.
    And yes, the Micechat report mentioned monitoring WDW AP previews to see how that goes.

Someone else speculated on ride operation

https://twitter.com/kolbyratigan/sta...378711552?s=19

Thank you!

I was chopping it up with a CM in launch bay Friday night ... grain of salt but she said the protocol for MFSR maxpass / fastpass / “virtual line” (her words - something along lines of make a reservation for the ride & report back when you’re summoned) are still being worked out.

Now we’re t minus 6 days to the launch of SWGE sans reservations, surely DLR has a decided upon approach to this .... right ?

Your attention, please. The Disneyland Limited now leaving for a grand circle tour of the Magic Kingdom. Aboaaard!

Quote Originally Posted by MidwayManiac View Post
    I was chopping it up with a CM in launch bay Friday night ... grain of salt but she said the protocol for MFSR maxpass / fastpass / “virtual line” (her words - something along lines of make a reservation for the ride & report back when you’re summoned) are still being worked out.

Now we’re t minus 6 days to the launch of SWGE sans reservations, surely DLR has a decided upon approach to this .... right ?
    I thought they already said how it was being done. That those who got in the land first thing were in and once it hit a certain capacity it seemed like they were cutting off more from entering the land. When that point hits you would have to use the app to do whatever and when it was ok for you to get in they would tell you. Which at that point I think Disney said you had 2 hours to get there...could be wrong on the time frame but I thought that was said. It was being set up so you went about your day doing other things and would still have the time to get there if you were in the middle of a line/ride/eating. This was all on the land not the ride that Disney had said things about.