Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20
Results 476 to 485 of 485

Thread: SWGE first impressions

  1. #476
    Registered User
    MousePad Subscriber
    cstephens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Dystopia
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Janis and Aaron View Post
    They don't always do this. We tried a few visits ago and they would only sell it with the mug. The only time they allowed us to order it without the mug was when the mugs were out of stock.
    It can depend on which bartender you get. There were plenty of mugs in stock last Thursday when I ordered just the drink. I've been there previously when the party next to me asked about ordering it without the mug, and the bartender was hesitant. I'd seen a different bartender make the order for another party, so I told them to ask the other bartender, who did it no problem.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine


    Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

  2. # ADS

    Join Date
    Location
    Posts
     

  3. #477

    like many other areas in Disneyland, dusk is a great opportunity to see the area in a totally different perspective the horizon against the darkening blue sky and lights highlighting different features. In line for the first time and my thought was glad that sun was not bouncing off the falcon as we waited in stand-by, as the area became dark, the lights came on and the engine exhaust was more visible. so a must ride stand-by at two different light periods.

    First time I have eaten at a sit down restaurant and was pleasantly surprised with Docking Bay, we ordered pot roast and salad. My meal was warm and generous with the beef, wife and I shared the two meals together. the line was very short and food was quickly served. Not much of a disney spirit environment, so unlikely to become a traditional eating venue, sound was strange and setting dark, though the cold outside looked inviting. for the $19.00 it was a better value that the chowder bowl and burger offering else where for $25.00 compared to the 19.00. Not much of beverage drinker in the park, but the Phator was fantastic and would drink elsewhere if offered at Disneyland.

    The flavors were very different and exotic, not your standard American fare, so if you have picky eaters, Docking Bay would not be a good choice. Daughter did not recognize the ground level change and insisted that we were at ground level when shopping the length of the mall and surprised to see the stairs on the north end.


  4. #478
    Registered User
    MousePad Subscriber
    cstephens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Dystopia
    Blog Entries
    1

    Had breakfast on Batuu at Oga's Cantina on Saturday. I had the bloody rancor and the husband had the spiran cafe, and we both had an overnight oats. I like the bloody rancor, though the bone (made of sweetened meringue) doesn't really go with it, and I also like the overnight oats. I've had the spiran cafe before and it's fine but nothing special. We enjoyed listening to DJ R3X playing songs - video.

    The dianoga was out of commission.

    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine


    Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

  5. #479
    At home in the hills candles71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    foresthill Ca

    We visited Oga's last week. Whistler had a Jedi Mind trick and I had the Jabba Juice. Both were good. I also ordered the Happabore platter. I liked most of it. Anyone know what the crackers are made from? I couldn't figure it out.
    Whistler had gotten a sausage breakfast wrap just prior at the counter in the shopping area. He really enjoyed it. He isn't really big on sauces and will likely ask them to leave off whatever the sauce was next time but it didn't prevent him from eating the whole thing.
    Also is there a physical place to get fast passes for Smuggler's Run? I asked the CM and just got they weren't taking anymore reservations. That was unhelpful for future planning. Thanks guys. We got passes since we have a graduation trip to plan for next year.


  6. #480
    Registered User
    MousePad Subscriber
    cstephens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Dystopia
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    We visited Oga's last week. Whistler had a Jedi Mind trick and I had the Jabba Juice. Both were good. I also ordered the Happabore platter. I liked most of it. Anyone know what the crackers are made from? I couldn't figure it out.
    Whistler had gotten a sausage breakfast wrap just prior at the counter in the shopping area. He really enjoyed it. He isn't really big on sauces and will likely ask them to leave off whatever the sauce was next time but it didn't prevent him from eating the whole thing.
    Also is there a physical place to get fast passes for Smuggler's Run? I asked the CM and just got they weren't taking anymore reservations. That was unhelpful for future planning. Thanks guys. We got passes since we have a graduation trip to plan for next year.
    Jedi Mind Trick is my favorite.

    They haven't yet offered Fastpass for Smuggler's Run since the ride opened.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine


    Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

  7. #481
    Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    ... Also is there a physical place to get fast passes for Smuggler's Run?...
    The scanning machines are in place (so it looks like the ride would have FP), but have only ever been used for DAS return times. No official word on when this ride will be added to the FP system.

  8. #482
    At home in the hills candles71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    foresthill Ca

    Thank you ladies.


  9. #483
    Registered User
    MousePad Subscriber
    cstephens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Dystopia
    Blog Entries
    1

    There are two new lightsabres at Dok Ondar's - Luke's rebuilt one and Ben Solo's lightsabre. We're waiting to see how long it'll take for two other lightsabres from The Rise of Skywalker to show up at Dok's.

    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine


    Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

  10. #484
    Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    There are two new lightsabres at Dok Ondar's - Luke's rebuilt one and Ben Solo's lightsabre. We're waiting to see how long it'll take for two other lightsabres from The Rise of Skywalker to show up at Dok's.
    I believe that's Rey's rebuilt/repaired lightsaber that was damaged at the end of episode 8. But the argument goes on as it was Anakin's originally, then Luke's, now Rey's.
    There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions

  11. #485
    Registered User
    MousePad Subscriber
    cstephens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Dystopia
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGoofyGuy View Post
    I believe that's Rey's rebuilt/repaired lightsaber that was damaged at the end of episode 8. But the argument goes on as it was Anakin's originally, then Luke's, now Rey's.
    Yes, that one. Can't say more without it being a spoiler for the new film.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine


    Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •