Comments: Last trip on current APs!
    Cast of characters:
    • Pam: trip planner/writer and self-proclaimed Disney Queen
    • Juanita: fellow Disney fan!
    • Alyssa: Juanitas daughter
    • Tony: Alyssa's boyfriend
    • Ryan: friend who also works for Juanita

The Planning

My friend Juanita & I activated our current Disneyland Annual Passes in February 2018 and wanted to get one last trip in together before they expire; we decided on January 30 February 2 and I started the planning! 

Lodging: Once Juanita & I decided on our dates, I made reservations at the Del Sol Inn on Harbor Blvd. (a 5-minute walk from the parks; total for 3 nights = $515). When Juanita's daughter and her boyfriend wanted to come too, I booked a second room for them at the same place & price; by the time we left, another friend (Ryan) was coming as well and would room with them.

Transportation: I booked airfare for me on Southwest Airlines from Sacramento to Orange County using points [(equivalent cost = $59 each way); total TSA fees & Early-Bird option came to $51.20 round-trip (without points the total cash cost would have been $158)]; everyone else purchased their own airfare separately around the same time (minus Early-Bird).

Since there were now 5 of us, we decided to use Lyft for travel to/from our motel rather than SuperShuttle; they are more experienced with using them than I am so they are in charge of that aspect!

Tickets: We all have active Annual Passes with MaxPass, except for Lyss ~ she will need to add MaxPass to her AP after we arrive.

Priority Seating: I only made one dining reservation for our visit: Carnation Cafe @ 3:30pm on February 1 (during the parade).

The Itinerary

The pre-planning was done, and we were ready to go! Here was our planned schedule:

• January 30: Meet up with Juanita & crew; fly down to Anaheim; check-in to the Del Sol Inn; Disneyland/DCA
    • January 31: Disneyland/DCA
    • February 1: Disneyland/DCA; late lunch @ Carnation Cafe
    • February 2: Check-out of the Del Sol Inn; Disneyland/DCA; fly home

Tuesday, January 29, 2019 (pre-departure date)

Actual:

• Worked all day
    • Printed off boarding pass at 12:55pm (A27)
    • Drove home and finished my packing (except for the last-minute stuff)
    • Watched "Celebrity Big Brother"
    • Messaged with Juanita on last minute plans for transportation to the airport tomorrow
    • In bed around 10pm

Wednesday, January 30, 2019 (67o)
    Plan: Meet up with Juanita & crew; fly down to Anaheim; check-in to the Del Sol Inn; Disneyland/DCA

Actual:

• Up by 7am and worked two hours
    • FB message from last night after I'd signed off from Juanita to go ahead and book SuperShuttle for the two of us (I think she was tired of my worrying that the Lyft car would not be big enough for all 5 of us plus our luggage!), so I re-clarified with her this morning and then booked it = $45 for Juanita & I round-trip SNA to motel (the kids will still take Lyft)
    • Finished getting ready
    • Left @ 10am, picked up Ryan, and drove to Juanita's house to meet up with everyone else
    • Drove us to SMF @ 10:50am
    • Parked in SMF Economy Lot @ 11:15am
    • Shuttle to airport, checked in bags (mine = 21.5#), and over to TSA
    • Everyone else got food in airport, while I ate a Lunchable & some mini-muffins that I had brought with me
    • I left the dining area first since I had early-bird and wanted to use the restroom
    • Boarded on time and got my favorite seat = the widest exit row on the aisle (12D)!!!
    • They all boarded later and sat together farther back, but middle seat stayed open next to me!
    • Pushed back on time @ 12:55pm; flight not full (about 60 open seats)
    • Pretzels & Diet Dr. Pepper in-flight
    • Updated my trip notes and then played games on my phone; some turbulence
    • Arrived on time, collected our luggage, and split up ~ Juanita & I over to catch our SS van & the kids upstairs to find their Lyft driver
    • Despite our wait before leaving the airport, the kids only arrived a short time before us at the motel
    • We met back up and I checked us in around 3:15pm = rooms 108 & 109; both were the bunk bed rooms; Ryan was very excited about them!
    • Juanita & I left around 4pm for Disneyland Park (the kids had walked down Harbor to some shops at Katella)
    • Juanita to Market House for coffee, while I sat down and waited for the kids to get in the park (they stopped to buy the MaxPass for Lyss on their way)
    • I'd mistakenly thought that I was to coordinate everyone's rides together to maximize their trip; Juanita later let me know that it was OUR trip and I didn't have to wait for the kids at any time 
    • The DL App was showing Space Mountain as being down, as it was all night and the following day as well (I later found out it was because a guest found a way out of his restraints the day before, so the ride had to be inspected before it could be re-opened)
    • Met up with kids @ 5pm
    • MP for Star Tours @ 5pm = 7:10pm (next = 6:30pm)
    • Walked to Indiana Jones Adventure for a return time, and the CM let us go through without waiting (Magic Moment!)
    • Adventureland restrooms
    • Return time for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad @ 5:40pm = 6:10pm
    • Pinocchio's Daring Journey via exit (transfer vehicle)
    • Mr. Toad's Wild Ride via exit
    • Snow White's Scary Adventures via exit (transfer vehicle)
    • Casey Jr. Circus Train via exit
    • BTMR w/ MP @ 6:25pm via exit so I could avoid the stairs
    • MP for Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters @ 6:40pm = 7:20pm (next = 7:20pm)
    • Matterhorn Bobsleds single rider (except me!)
    • Mickey's Mix Magic @ 7pm near it's a small world; the kids really had the dance moves & I liked the music a lot ~ very peppy!
    • ST w/ MP = Lyss was the Rebel Spy! (my favorite version: Kylo Ren, Jakku, Poe Dameron, & Crait/Bakku)
    • Buzz w/ MP

• Pam = 193,900 (gun #2)
    • Juanita = no score (gun #1)

• Ryan = 37,300 (gun #2)

• Lyss = 22,200 (gun #2)
    • Tony = no score (gun #1)

• Refreshment Corner @ 8:11pm = hot dog combo & two plain Mickey pretzels = $16.54 (10% AP discount) for Juanita & I (the kids had left) = LONG lines since the park had just closed, so I used Mobile Order in the DL app = very easy, but not all items listed (e.g. cream cheese-filled pretzel) & we STILL had to wait for the pretzels 
    • Took food with us and left the park @ 8:30pm
    • The Cove Market @ 8:40pm = gallon of water = $4.80
    • Back at motel by 8:45pm
    • We settled in (no dresser due to bunk beds); I showered and called James, and we were both in bed by 11pm

Steps: 13,702
    Pam
    DL trips: too many to remember actual dates, but they began in the 60s!
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021

2. # ADS

Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar
    Thursday, January 31, 2019 (61o)
    Plan: Disneyland/DCA

Actual:

• Awake @ 7:10am, when Lyss knocked on the door (she wanted clothing advice from her mom!)
    • Up & over to breakfast room at 8:30am; Juanita & I shared hard boiled eggs, and I also had a donut and she had coffee
    • Kids weren't ready yet, so Juanita & I headed over to Disney California Adventure around 8:50am; HUGE lines for security (took 20mins)!
    • Through turnstiles and Juanita went to rent a large locker ($10) to store her backpack in
    • MP for Radiator Springs Racers for Juanita & I @ 9:20am = 10:40am (next = 10:40am)
    • Toy Story Midway Mania @ 9:30am; still closed but opened a few minutes later = HUGE wait took 40mins!!! Juanita would have preferred using that time on something else, but I thought it would have been a MUCH shorter wait, so BOO to me!

• P = 155,300 (best in car) & Juanita = 91,100

• Met up with the kids outside the Incredicoaster around 10:20am; they had MP for it at 11:15am, so they went to find something to eat and Juanita rode via single rider line while I sat down to wait for her
    • MP for Soarin' Around the World @ 10:40am for Juanita & I only = 11:15am (next = 11:15am)
    • It started raining around 10:50am, just before Juanita & I met back up
    • RSR w/ MP @ 11am; ride closed while in line due to rain, so received "Multiple Experiences" MP (I call these "Anytime MaxPasses", which are good for the entire day in that park on whichever MP attraction we wish to use them on); same thing happened to the kids on the Incredicoaster when it was also closed while they were in line
    • MP for all of us on Guardians of the Galaxy @ 11:20am = 12:20pm (next = 12:20pm)
    • Soarin' w/ MP @ 11:30am (Juanita & I)
    • Kids went to see Frozen @ 12pm
    • Pretzel cart (Hollywoodland) @ 12:20pm = Mickey pretzel = $5.25
    • Met up with the kids, who'd left Frozen mid-show
    • GotG w/ MP @ 12:20pm (Born to be Wild)

• Kids tired of the rain and back to their room @ 12:40pm
    • MP for GotG @ 12:40pm = 1:30pm for Juanita & I (next = 1:30pm)
    • Award Wieners @ 12:55pm = hot dog, fries, & large Diet Coke = $12.29 (10% AP discount); seating area not fully covered, so stood in the exit of the old Muppet Vision Theater where it WAS covered & we ate standing up (along with a lot of other people!)
    • Decided not to wait 20mins for GotG, so I cancelled the MPs for it and we headed for the exit
    • Elias & Co @ 1:45pm = 2 shirts + DCA reusable bags = $77.56 (10% AP discount)
    • Cold Stone Creamery @ 2:10pm = Oreo shake ($8 - $5 reward = $3)
    • At room by 2:15pm; put shoes & socks on heater to dry them out, then rested & updated trip notes; of course, the rain stopped about 2:30pm and was dry the rest of the day & evening!
    • MP for Soarin' @ 3:45pm = 4:40pm (next = 4:40pm)
    • Threw my shoes in to the dryer with the kids' stuff around 4:15pm to finish drying
    • MP for GotG @ 4:45pm = 5:15pm (next = 5:15pm)
    • To DCA around 5:20pm
    • Soarin' w/ MP
    • GotG w/ MP (Hit me with your Best Shot)

• RSR @ 7pm (Juanita & I w/ anytime MP and the kids = single rider); long line so 45min wait

• Kids to Incredicoaster to ride with their anytime MP
    • Juanita = popcorn cart by Elias & Co., then we sat on a nearby bench to wait for the kids
    • Regrouped and looked through Elias & Co., then left park
    • Kids went to their room & Juanita & I went to Denny's to eat dinner
    • Denny's @ 9:45pm = BYO appetizer + Diet Coke = $14 (15% AARP discount)
    • Back to room; I showered and called James, and we both were in bed by 11pm

Steps: 17,036
    Pam
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021

Friday, February 1, 2019 (63o) ~ Part I
    Plan: Disneyland/DCA; late lunch @ Carnation Cafe

Actual:

• We were both awakened about 3:30am due to noisy upstairs neighbors (must have had an early flight!); Juanita unable to get back to sleep, but I dozed until just before 7am
    • Got ready, grabbed breakfast, and we all headed to DL together around 8:40am
    • LONG lines at security again, but none for the park
    • They stopped to take photos at the Valentine's backdrop at Town Square while I got us a large locker @ DL @ 9:10am = $10
    • They then stopped for coffee at Market House and I sat at table in the alley to wait ~ beautiful sunny day today!
    • MP for Haunted Mansion @ 9:10am = 9:30am (next = 9:35am), as Space Mountain still showed to be down
    • Everyone joined me to eat their bagels & drink their coffee
    • I noticed that Space was now up on the App, so I booked MP @ 9:30am = 9:40am (next = 10am); it went down again a few minutes later so that turned into an anytime MP
    • Walked over to ask for a return time at Indy around 9:45am, and was told to go right in (Magic Moment again!)
    • HM had gone down, so that MP became an anytime MP too
    • Jungle Cruise via exit with Skipper Joey
    • MP for HM @ 10:05am = 10:10am (next = 10:35am)
    • Pirates of the Caribbean @ 10:15am
    • Kids back to room
    • Popcorn Cart in New Orleans Square @ 10:40am (Juanita & I) = AP Steamboat Willie popcorn bucket (one hour wait!)
    • MP for BTMR @ 10:40am = 11:30am (next = 11:30am)
    • Ate our popcorn while we headed over to BTMR; kids caught up to us
    • MP for Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin @ 11:55am = 12pm (next = 12:30pm)
    • BTMR w/ MP @ 12pm
    • RRCTP w/ MP @ 12:20pm
    • Looked around ToonTown
    • MP for Matterhorn @ 12:35pm = 1:55pm (next = 1:55pm)
    • Daisy's Diner @ 12:38pm = slice cheese pizza & large Coke Zero = $12.29 (10% AP discount)
    • Dropped my water bottle while in line; split so had to throw away after salvaging top & filter (have others at home)
    • Mickey & the Magical Map @ 1:05pm

• Space w/ anytime MP @ 1:40pm

• Monorail Blue full circle @ 2:30pm

***to be continued...
    Pam

Friday, February 1, 2019 (63o) ~ Part II

• Went to check in at Carnation Cafe at 3pm so I could wait for an outside table; was told it could be a while and they gave me a pager good for up & down Main Street; stepped outside (had planned to go to Emporium) and they called us! Got the best table outside at front railing (Magic Moment!); and when the hostess asked if we were celebrating anything, Ryan said "Pam" and she returned later with buttons that said they were celebrating "Pam" and mine said "I'm Pam" LOL!
    • Carnation Cafe @ 3:55pm = cheeseburger & Coke Zero = $21 (10% AP discount)

• Mickey's Soundsational Parade started at 3:30pm by iasw, and it was nearly 4pm before it came by us (we had just finished eating)

***to be continued...
    Pam

Friday, February 1, 2019 (63o) ~ Part III

• MP for GotG @ 3:45pm = 8pm (next = 5:15pm)
    • Main Street Emporium @ 4:25pm = shirt + DL reusable bags = $43.63 (10% AP discount)
    • China Closet Clothiers @ 4:40pm = shirt = $33.93 (10% AP discount)
    • Stored stuff in locker
    • Space w/ anytime MP @ 5pm

• Return time for Space = 6:25pm
    • Matterhorn Bobsleds single rider (except me!); I sat near Tomorrowland Terrace to wait
    • MP for Soarin' @ 5:25pm = 9pm (next = 6:55pm)
    • Regrouped ~ what did we do for an hour?
    • Space @ 6:25pm

• Cleared out locker and over to DCA @ 7pm
    • Incredicoaster single rider (except me!); I waited outside Elias & Co (my feet hurt!) and tracked the incoming rain on my phone
    • GotG @ 8pm; however, FP return line was outside the attraction, so decided to skip
    • Cancelled Soarin' MP as we were ready to call it a night
    • Trolley Treats @ 8:05pm = 2 PB squares & a cherry Goofy's Glacier = $15 (10% AP discount)
    • Started raining lightly all the way over to the motel
    • Usual routineI showered and called James, and we were in bed by 11pm

Steps: 17,929

Saturday, February 2, 2019 (61o)
    Plan: Check-out of the Del Sol Inn; Disneyland/DCA; fly home

Actual:

• Awoke early to steady rain; decided not to go in to parks
    • Checked out of the Del Sol Inn around 11am = 2 rooms @ $514.26 = $1,028.52 (I'm going to love the rewards from this charge!)
    • Mimi's Cafe @ 11:20am = waffle & Diet Coke (Juanita treated us all!)
    • Made plans to go to Downtown Disney after brunch for a couple of hours until we had to leave for the airport, then it started raining harder when we were about to leave Mimi's; when I said that I would wait at the motel for them, they all decided to just go early to the airport instead of getting soaked (we got wet enough walking back to the motel!)
    • Canceled SuperShuttle @ 1pm = (credit of $22.50)
    • Lyft to SNA @ 1:30pm = $35 with tip for all of us
    • Changed my socks that were soaking wet, and others changed clothes as well
    • Checked in our bags and got our boarding passes (mine = A24)
    • Ciao @ 2:30pm = bottle of water = $3.48
    • Ruby's Diner @ 3pm = Oreo shake = $9; hung out with everyone
    • McDonald's @ 4:10pm = 2 plain hamburgers = $2.79; took with me to the plane
    • Boarded on time and I again got my favorite seat = the widest exit row on the aisle!!!
    • They all boarded later and sat together farther back, but middle seat stayed open next to me again!
    • Pushed back on time
    • Pretzels & Diet Dr. Pepper en-route
    • Arrived on time, collected our luggage, and went outside to catch the shuttle bus
    • Fun shuttle driver = danced for us!
    • SMF parking @ 7:45pm = $40
    • Juanita drove my car to her house since it was dark and raining, and I don't see well at night as it is
    • I then drove home around 8:15pm

Steps: 7,584

Up Next: James & I are scheduled to go together February 26 March 2, to get one last trip in on his AP before it expires in April; too bad mine expires two days before we leave!

Summary

A fun, albeit wet, trip with fellow Disneyland fans! 

Highlights included:

• Spending time with Juanita & the kids!
    • MaxPass!
    • Magic Moments!
    • Using the anytime MPs to ride Space Mountain more than once on our last day!
    • Getting the best table at Carnation Cafe to watch the parade go by!
    • Getting my favorite seat on BOTH flights!

Lowlights included:

• The rain!!!
    • Space Mountain being down our first two days
    • The long wait at Toy Story Midway Mania
    • The rain!!!

Now I need to start writing up my latest trip report...until next time!
    Pam

Love your reports and your pics. Radiator springs is my favorite ride there. Wish they had it in Disney World. I love test track there but radiator springs is more fun. I am going to get an annual pass this year when I go to Disney world in June because Im supposed to go back again in Nov. I cant wait because I always read how much you save using your discount. Im looking forward to being able to do that. I would love to be able to walk to a park in Florida like in Ca. Thanks for posting about your trip

Love your reports and your pics. Radiator springs is my favorite ride there. Wish they had it in Disney World. I love test track there but radiator springs is more fun. I am going to get an annual pass this year when I go to Disney world in June because Im supposed to go back again in Nov. I cant wait because I always read how much you save using your discount. Im looking forward to being able to do that. I would love to be able to walk to a park in Florida like in Ca. Thanks for posting about your trip

Quote Originally Posted by suejacken View Post
    Thanks Sue...hope you have great trips to WDW! I haven't been there since 2013, so I am WAY overdue!
    Pam