Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Countdown to the Magic! - Part 9

Quote Originally Posted by daisyd0 View Post
    Awesome, are you staying on-site? How many days have you decided on?
    Plan to stay on site. Joey made reservations but then had to change dates and the frogs won't respond to messages. We need to really start harassing them about it, I guess. We were talking 3 half days, I think. Paris in mornings, then park in afternoons. Short train ride. Stupid riots, I mean demonstrations, could affect plans.

2. # ADS

A week from the day after tomorrow. As fate would have it I've suddenly found myself with a very full week between a unexpected quick visit from my Mother to work-related things that have popped up next week, so I'm thinking the time will fly, and once again I'll find myself packing at the last second!

5 days.
    Changed my flight to come home later on our last day...deliberating Universal AP's vs. just buying tickets at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by ericles View Post
    5 days.
    Changed my flight to come home later on our last day...deliberating Universal AP's vs. just buying tickets at the moment.
    That'll go fast! Still trying to get the frenchies to answer the phone about changing our ressies for DLP.

4!

2 days -
    Weather is looking fantastic down there....we can't wait to sit in the sun and complain about being hot!

4!
    2 days -
    Weather is looking fantastic down there....we can't wait to sit in the sun and complain about being hot!
    Have great trips!
    -Dave

2 days -
    Ditto! Cant wait to be there too. Have a safe trip.

Manana 😀

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post
    Have great trips!
    Thanks!

Thanks- safe travels!

4!
    2 days -
    Safe travels and have a MAGICAL time!
    Past Trips: 2006-POR; 2008-POP; 2009-CBR; 2010-VB/AKV Kidani; 2010-BLT; 2011-BWV; 2011-AKV Kidani; 2013-BCV/BLT; 2014-AKL Jambo (Concierge); 2015-SSR/OKW; 2016 BCV/AKV Kidani; 2018 BWV; 2019 Mar-BLT/Sept-AKV Jambo

Joey

Quote Originally Posted by josephbandrews View Post
    Oh...7 I guess...week from noon = beers at the aeropuerto..Hopefully not too hungover from ZZTop at the rodeo Friday...since AT&T is buying...
    Joey

6 to leave, 7 to the WDW parks, courtesy of late night interwebs activity... Somebody thought we should try for ROTR boarding!

Nick Andrews, DL misc74-76,85,91,12/11,1/13, WDW 78,83,85,1/92-8/92,95,99,04x8,5/11,2/12, 9/12,6/13,3/14,11/14,3/15,9/15,4/16,9/16,12/16,4/17,11/17,4/18,10/18,1/19,5/19,10/19
    Magic Kingdom Cast Member 1/92-8/92 (WDW CP) 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

TWO DAYS till MCO! Till the spires travelers!

Joey

Quote Originally Posted by nickjandrews View Post
    6 to leave, 7 to the WDW parks, courtesy of late night interwebs activity... Somebody thought we should try for ROTR boarding!
    Hope you guys have a great trip! Good luck with getting to go on RotR!

I'm hoping it evolves a little or calms down just slightly by my typical early May trip. I'm not liking my odds of getting good enough wi-fi at exactly when the park opens (within the first couple minutes, it seems) to get into a boarding group(I've half wondered about the supposed kiosks you can try for a group with a CM being a better option, if that's not a total non-starter). The whole randomness of the process makes it really hard to plan to do anything else if you want to try each day, but have no idea when your group will be if you are lucky enough to get one.
    -Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post
    Hope you guys have a great trip! Good luck with getting to go on RotR!

I'm hoping it evolves a little or calms down just slightly by my typical early May trip. I'm not liking my odds of getting good enough wi-fi at exactly when the park opens (within the first couple minutes, it seems) to get into a boarding group(I've half wondered about the supposed kiosks you can try for a group with a CM being a better option, if that's not a total non-starter). The whole randomness of the process makes it really hard to plan to do anything else if you want to try each day, but have no idea when your group will be if you are lucky enough to get one.
    Crazy how many times we hit Smuglers on our October trip! We bit the proverbial bullet and got up at 5 or so each morning with EEMH. Really enjoyed the vacant parking and watching the sun rise over the Spire! It was crazy though, Smuglers at 20min or less through the afternoon.

That's a benefit of going outside festival months...less concerned about spending time at other parks and able to embrace the horrid crowds to do what we can. Probably just head to Starbucks for breckie at rope drop and connect from there.

Rising Moons!
    Joey

Bright Suns!

Nick and Joey, have a magical trip!

We have 74 days until we are on our way. I am nervous about getting a boarding pass on ROTR. But, plan to give it a shot.
    Past Trips: 2006-POR; 2008-POP; 2009-CBR; 2010-VB/AKV Kidani; 2010-BLT; 2011-BWV; 2011-AKV Kidani; 2013-BCV/BLT; 2014-AKL Jambo (Concierge); 2015-SSR/OKW; 2016 BCV/AKV Kidani; 2018 BWV; 2019 Mar-BLT/Sept-AKV Jambo

Quote Originally Posted by ssmerdel View Post
    Bright Suns
    Nick and Joey, have a magical trip!

We have 74 days until we are on our way. I am nervous about getting a boarding pass on ROTR. But, plan to give it a shot.
    We'sa gonna try. That's all you can do unless you know a CM working it.

Crazy how many times we hit Smuglers on our October trip! We bit the proverbial bullet and got up at 5 or so each morning with EEMH. Really enjoyed the vacant parking and watching the sun rise over the Spire! It was crazy though, Smuglers at 20min or less through the afternoon.

That's a benefit of going outside festival months...less concerned about spending time at other parks and able to embrace the horrid crowds to do what we can. Probably just head to Starbucks for breckie at rope drop and connect from there.

Rising Moons!
    I did similar (early October, so was during F&W), but I didn't have the discipline to get up for the 6 am openings (and at the end of the trip, I felt fine about not doing that since it wasn't too bad during normal hours). I think on only one day I did arrive maybe an hour before regular park opening for the EEMH. I think I rode around 6 times across a few days, and only used single rider once. All the others were around 1/2 hour wait, worst case maybe 45-50 minutes (and I didn't mind since I got a much better chance to view things and play the app games that time)

Bright Suns......
    -Dave

Uno! Ein!

Quote Originally Posted by nickjandrews View Post
    Uno! Ein!
    Have a great time!! I leave today.

Have a great time!! I leave today.
    Awe...always hate sad envelope day! Affectionately named after returning to find a DME hanger on your door...

But for day 1... Bright Suns! Hopefully make it over to Jock Lindsey's for a late bite and awesome atmosphere...
    Joey

71 days...12 days to FP+.