Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Countdown to the Magic! - Part 9

Quote Originally Posted by daisyd0 View Post
    85, I get to go back in May!
    Nice! This was a crazy busy trip. We concentrated solely on getting to do ROTR at least twice and that's what we did. Got one smuggling run with some completely incompetent pilots but it was still fun. Ran a Slinky once too. Feels like heresy, but we didn't get over to MK once on this short trip.

2. # ADS

Thats our plan for May. HS for ROTR with park hoppers if we dont get a boarding group. Didnt get to HS this past visit because the day we allotted for it was raining and we didnt feel like standing outside the park for over an hour in the rain.

Get to HS way early. If they open at 8, be there at 615. That way you can get into the park at the front of the pack and be near the front of the line for either Smuggler or Slinky. Be ready to go when they open for boarding groups. They are literally gone in one minute. I got group 45 five seconds after 8am on Monday, Joey got 58 not much later on Tuesday this week. Have everyone in your party try to get a boarding group and don't rely on one person. Also don't rely on the wireless. Mix between 4G and wireless. No exaggeration, it really is that important.

Quote Originally Posted by nickjandrews View Post
    Get to HS way early. If they open at 8, be there at 615. That way you can get into the park at the front of the pack and be near the front of the line for either Smuggler or Slinky. Be ready to go when they open for boarding groups. They are literally gone in one minute. I got group 45 five seconds after 8am on Monday, Joey got 58 not much later on Tuesday this week. Have everyone in your party try to get a boarding group and don't rely on one person. Also don't rely on the wireless. Mix between 4G and wireless. No exaggeration, it really is that important.
    Great tips, thanks!

98 days til big family trip & 189 til our 25th anniversary trip and last chance to use our AP's

Michelle
    offsite '86, ASMo '01, POR '02, CBR '05, POR '08, POR '10, BCV '10, Pop '11, BC '14, DL offsite '15, POR '16, FQ '17, POR '18, SSR '19, POR/BWI '19

Quote Originally Posted by nickjandrews View Post
    Thanks for the tip! I hope this changes to Fastpasses before our trip.

63 days until we fly out!
    Past Trips: 2006-POR; 2008-POP; 2009-CBR; 2010-VB/AKV Kidani; 2010-BLT; 2011-BWV; 2011-AKV Kidani; 2013-BCV/BLT; 2014-AKL Jambo (Concierge); 2015-SSR/OKW; 2016 BCV/AKV Kidani; 2018 BWV; 2019 Mar-BLT/Sept-AKV Jambo

Waiting impatiently for next trip quackinup's Avatar

60 days. Fastpass+ selections completed.

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah!
    Next trip: Disney World May 1-9 2020

21 days to our family's first trip!!

Trips to DL: 2x 1978-1988, 90, 95, 98, 99, 00, 05 (2x), 10, 12, 15, 16, 17(2x), 18, 19(2x). Planned WDW March 2020.
    Me: 44, DH: 47, DD: 15, DS: 11

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficent2B View Post
    21 days to our family's first trip!!
    Ah, lucky 21, not much longer!

Quote Originally Posted by quackinup View Post
    60 days. Fastpass+ selections completed.
    Congrats, hope you got all your choices.

Waiting impatiently for next trip quackinup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by daisyd0 View Post
    Congrats, hope you got all your choices.
    Yeah, but some choices were difficult. I have two days in DHS so one tier 1 fastpass went to Smugglers Run and I had to decide between Slinky Dog Dash and Runaway Railway for the other. I know Slinky as been running long and have no idea what Runaway Railway might settle into by then so I chose Slinky. We'll see if it was the right choice. What's going to throw a huge wrench in the whole thing is if they decide to drop Rise of the Resistance into the fastpass system between now and May.
    Zip-a-dee-doo-dah!
    Next trip: Disney World May 1-9 2020

Quote Originally Posted by quackinup View Post
    Yeah, but some choices were difficult. I have two days in DHS so one tier 1 fastpass went to Smugglers Run and I had to decide between Slinky Dog Dash and Runaway Railway for the other. I know Slinky as been running long and have no idea what Runaway Railway might settle into by then so I chose Slinky. We'll see if it was the right choice. What's going to throw a huge wrench in the whole thing is if they decide to drop Rise of the Resistance into the fastpass system between now and May.
    Im going in May too. Fastpass selection day coming up in about 2 weeks. We are planning to go to HS at least 2 days to try our luck on ROTR too. Right now I am planning on the same tier 1 choices that you got. I will be watching the wait times for Runaway Railway the next few weeks but will probably stick with choosing Slinky and Smugglers Run.

Countdown to the Magic! - Part 9

49 days until we leave.

Past Trips: 2006-POR; 2008-POP; 2009-CBR; 2010-VB/AKV Kidani; 2010-BLT; 2011-BWV; 2011-AKV Kidani; 2013-BCV/BLT; 2014-AKL Jambo (Concierge); 2015-SSR/OKW; 2016 BCV/AKV Kidani; 2018 BWV; 2019 Mar-BLT/Sept-AKV Jambo

Fingers crossed for everyone that has upcoming trips - hope it works out whether you are able to reschedule to they open back up.
    Stay healthy-

Quote Originally Posted by ericles View Post
    Fingers crossed for everyone that has upcoming trips - hope it works out whether you are able to reschedule to they open back up.
    Stay healthy-
    Thanks, yep obviously everyone try to stay healthy first.

56 if things start to get better by then. It's right at the edge of the 8 weeks talked about over the last few days, so we shall see if : a) they are re-opened by then and b) if I don't feel it's foolish to do so as the time approaches. (no airfare scheduled yet, so I can back out of the off site hotel with no penalty as long as it's within a few days of my scheduled first night)

I may consider driving down for the first time. That would at least eliminate 2 plane and taxi trips, as well as a rental car. And then I can consider a visit to either Savi's or Droid Depot, since getting the Lightsaber or Droid home on the plane becomes a non-issue .
    -Dave

We are hoping everything works out. We will be onsite 6 weeks from today. If not, being DVC members, we will be able to reschedule. Our Use Year is March, so we will have until March 1, 2021 to reschedule this trip. We still have two trips planned for later this year (September & December), so we would just need to figure out when we can return. It will be based on availability for the amount of points we will have to use. We are looking at Summer, and also next February. We'll see.

But of they are open on April 29, when we arrive onsite, we will be there.

I'm thinking it will be May before they reopen. We are talking about a trip for EF&GF but no schedule yet.

Made it home safe from Europe. Need to look through pictures and sit down and do a trip report.

Well now minus one of my countdowns. Got a notification that my reservation at Coronado Springs resort for our May 9th trip was canceled. Looks like the work conference I was going to has canceled. So now I need to call Southwest to get a ticket credit and call Disney to find out what are my options with a convention/conference ticket that I purchased for my daughter.

Missing Disneyland, but looking forward to Disney World!

No family cruise in May anymore . We wanted 1 more trip to use our AP's so we booked a trip to celebrate our 25th anniversary in August/September. We gave up waiting for announcement of F & W dates because we only Had til 9/4 before our AP's expired. We rented points which means we payed all up front and nonrefundable. We could have waited til after the holiday now since AP's are extended the length of closure. Bummer!
    I will only whine about it here bc we are all healthy as of now. We are all disappointed our family trip was canceled but hopefully we can make it next year. Sorry to any others whose trips were canceled.

Michelle
    offsite '86, ASMo '01, POR '02, CBR '05, POR '08, POR '10, BCV '10, Pop '11, BC '14, DL offsite '15, POR '16, FQ '17, POR '18, SSR '19, POR/BWI '19

Santa / Actor for hire
    MousePad Subscriber

I was able to move my stay from the end of April to the end of August this year

Looking forward to setting up camp at Fort Wilderness Camp Grounds on April 27, 2020
    My Acting website
    My Santa website "It's not the look, it's what is in ones heart, that makes one a Santa"
    My Promotional Marketing website that's were my user name comes

Quote Originally Posted by Promo-Man View Post
    I was able to move my stay from the end of April to the end of August this year
    Hoping it works out for you! I recall reading of your several previous postponements over the last year or so.

It's definitely going to be a little hotter down there in August than April, but hopefully towards the end of the month getting back to bearable. I'm sure it will be better than the peak of Summer in July or earlier August would be.

No new countdown for me yet, but I did learn my previously "iffy" one for May is now officially done. My off site Disney Springs Hotel sent me a cancellation today, as they are closing down until further notice.
    -Dave