Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Countdown to the Magic! - Part 9

Countdown to the Magic! - Part 9

Looks like the other thread was closed. Maybe because it was too big? But starting up a new countdown thread for all to share their anticipation.

Missing Disneyland, but looking forward to Disney World!

2. # ADS

The day is here!!!!!! Woohoo! The bad part is having to sit at work all day and watch the clock slowly tick by. Our flight to Orlando is not until 7:50pm. We land at 11pm. Hoping to be in our room by 12:30am for an early wake up on Saturday to hit AK at opening for EMH. But that will all depend on how quick our luggage comes out. Orlando may be one of the slowest airports I have ever flown into.

Missing Disneyland, but looking forward to Disney World!

Have a great trip! (yeah, threads auto close at 1000 posts)

The different locations for the gates and central area for bag claim and ticketing do seem to make it worse sometimes there. I lucked out on my recent visit, I think I was in the 1st 10 or 15 bags out of the chute.

My bigger complaint is the departure and bag check in. They just redesigned the area and (in the case of American, though I assume other airlines are similar) set up a whole bunch of self service terminals.... which then feed into a single (or maybe 2) lines where you have to actually see the agent and show your ID and boarding pass to drop your luggage. In a word to the engineers or bean counters who devised that... DUH! (log jam just moves from one area to another).

Sorry for divergence of topic. At least that's on the return of the trip! (and I will give credit where do, for security line, the recent changes did seem an improvement. The line looked just as crazy as always (running down into the long "mall" hallway), but it actually did move at a decent pace)

Have a great trip, may the airport gods be smiling in your favor for quick luggage claim, gate arrival, etc.

-Dave

Quote Originally Posted by jrsharp21 View Post
    The day is here!!!!!! Woohoo! The bad part is having to sit at work all day and watch the clock slowly tick by. Our flight to Orlando is not until 7:50pm. We land at 11pm. Hoping to be in our room by 12:30am for an early wake up on Saturday to hit AK at opening for EMH. But that will all depend on how quick our luggage comes out. Orlando may be one of the slowest airports I have ever flown into.
    Have a great time!

Have an awesome trip. By the way if you want to see a truly slow airport for getting your luggage , come to Philly sometime. Lol